NFL Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Week 3

Off to a pathetic 4-9 so far but I'm feeling good about this weekend.

Over Steelers-Cincinnati can put points up on anybody. Pittsburghs defense should be a little worn from the bruiser on MNF. Cincinnati's defense isn't anything spectacular so I can see pitt scoring points. I expect a similar game as last year when cincinnati had a big lead and had to keep scoring to hold off pitt.

Jags-Colts looked pretty impressive last week. Too bad it was against Houston. Manning was still throwing with under 3 minutes left in the game because Texans were racking up yardage and points all the 1st half turnovers. I expect to see the team that gave up 170+ ry against the giants especially without freeney. Byron Leftwich has been pretty impressive this year and with a health taylor and that defense I look for the Jags to win SU. Gladly take the points.

Skins-What better way to get your offense on track than against the worst pass defense in the nfl. Decent enough defense and too much talent ready to break loose for the skins. Expect to see moss running around catching passes the way stallworth did in week one and harrison did in week two. Could be a blowout.

Ravens-Cleveland sucks. All I can picture in my head is Frye running for his life against a mediocre saints defense. How is Cleveland going to score on this defense. Mcnair will get better every week as he gets more in sync with his recievers. Cleveland is going to have a lot of trouble staying close in this one.

Eagles-SF hasn't looked as terrible this year as last. Antonio Bryant looks to be fitting right in with the niners. Problem is they're playing the cards and rams. Eagles let one go last week. The only good things to take from last week was their performance in the first 3 and the 8 sacks. Expect the pressure to rattle smith and force him into mistakes. Eagles won't take the foot off the gas pedal after last week against a suspect D.

Patriots-What can be said about the pats running game so far. Another team that is going to get better every week while the new faces on offense assimilate. Denver defense is giving up close to 5ypr so far this year. Not good against a team looking to run with 2 good backs. Plummer isn't in sync with his new recievers and the offense itself looks out of wack. The pats will control this game on the ground and should be plenty motivated against denver team that beat them twice last year.

Not playing but will give my impression.

Jets-Taking the points against a buffalo team that got 77 passing yards last week. Buffalo looked good as a dog last 2wks because of the defense and special teams. You have to score points to cover a 5- pt line.

Dolphins-Take this game and flush it down the toilet where it belongs. Gun to my head going with the fish. Collins sucked with Moss, Porter, and Gabriel in oakland; who are the titans recievers anyway.

Vikings-Bears offense has been impressive so far, but once again against who. Brad Johnson is a smart QB and won't make a lot of mistakes. Lions were running well on the bears lw till it got out of hand. See some success running the ball and defense playing better than expected. Taking the home dog.

Panthers-Why is Gruden screaming at Simms for when he is the moron calling only 17 runs on the road against a division rival. You can't win throwing 40+ with a QB that still hasn't played a full year in this league. Bucs might be more balanced this week but it won't matter. Carolina threw one away last week and can't afford to go 0-3. Whether Steve Smith plays or not carolina gets the W.

Lions-Lions held bears to 80 some yard on about 35 carries lw. Not bad considering they got blown out. GB's O-line is a dissaster. If not for mistakes by the Saints lw the packers would have gotten blown out again. Look for a typical 4-pick dome game with no help from the running game from farve. If Lions can get 17, they should cover.

Pitt-Suspect bengal D, Pitt needs the win.

Rams-Steven Jackson is getting 5+ypr so far this year. Give him the damn ball. On the other side James isn't getting anything. You can't pass every down and expect to win. Rams could get this one SU.

Seattle-Everyone expects a repeat of last years game when the Giants won but gave the game away. I don't. The Giant defense has looked weak in two games this year against teams with similar off firepower, they can't get off the field. With the addition of peterson and healthy safeties, seattle D looks to be improved. Giants got lucky last week, but their luck just ran out.

Good luck. Opinions welcome.
Working...
X