Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night coin flip play

PACKERS VS EAGLES

We'll, were cruising right along here with our Monday Night selections. We had a nice 3* winner on the Saints last week. Making the current record 2-0 on regular 3* plays. We did drop a 2* play this year bringing the official Monday Night tally to 2-1 overall on "official" releases. See the ratings guide on the key release page for rating details.

Remember, our main goal is to profit by years end on official releases. So don't get discouraged when we only have 1* opinions or 2* small plays on this page. You can't play every game and expect to win.

Tonight's game is one such game. We really don't want to get involved with it. It's an ugly game. We were pretty high on the Eagles going into the year. We felt they would really gel without Terrell Owens as we thought he was a major part of their off year a season ago. While we have plenty of football left to play, to this point, we aren't impressed with the Eagles. They aren't playing like a playoff team for sure. Playoff teams don't collapse at home (against the Giants who were then blown out by Seattle the following week) and Playoff teams don't give up 24 points to the San Francisco 49ers (who were blown out 41-0 in KC Sunday). To this point the Eagles are looking like an 8 win team.

All of that has to give the Packers some hope. The Pack hasn't exactly looked like world beaters. However, they have been in two of the three games they have played, albeit against the Lions and Saints, and we really can't get on them for their loss to the Bears who are a potential Super Bowl winner.

Until the Eagles step up to the plate and impress, we have to continue to rate them as average at best. So in that case, we have a game tonight between an average team and a below average team. We can't lay -11.5 points with an average team.

The total on the game may be worth a look at over 49 as the Eagles have the number one rated offense and neither team has been able to stop anyone this year. The Eagles secondary is beat up as well. Of the 6 games these two teams have played this year, 4 out of the 6 have gone over 49 points. On paper it certainly has the makings if a high scoring affair but things are never that easy in the NFL.

Here are some trends for tonight's game:

Eagles are 7-0 against the NFC North

Packers are 2-12 ats vs the NFC East

Eagles are 11-2 ats vs the Packers

Packers 7-1 ats as a dog on Monday Nights

7 of the last 11 in this series have gone under the total

The average points scored last 11 games between these two is 42

Average score last 3 games between these two 33-16 Philly.

So what's this all mean? It means we're going to pop a couple of cold ones, sit back and watch the game tonight with no financial stake in the outcome. We're just not interested in getting involved in this one at any level. We will however offer a 1* gun to our heads opinion on the side and total. Drum roll please..............

1* Packers/Eagles UNDER 49

1* Packers +11.5

I like the Pack too. It's now +12. But I like the over 48 as I think Brett can light up the not so great anymore, injury-riddled Eagle D.

Eagles 31-24.

Comment

Monday Night

I see Philly laying the smack down on GB, and I am lifetime fan of the Cheese heads.

Philly is just too strong. Brett will be running for his life all night. BE PREPARED FOR A BIG NIGHT FOR THE PHILLY FRONT 4.

PREDICTION:

PHILLY 27 GB 10

Comment

Well if Brett Can hit recievers over the middle quick, before Philly's pressure gets to him, he'll be money all night. Both starting CB's are out of Philly as well as their starting safety.

Plus McNabb may have to deal with another game without Stallworth, and Reggie Brown still gimped but will probably play tonight. This will be a scorefest like the Jets/Colts game... last team with the ball wins.
        [I]"Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.”[/I]

Comment

That may be it, but you are quoting trends... lm showing you that the Eagles have key injuries to their secondary, which have to contend with Brett Farve coming off 2 330 yard / 3 TD passing games. They also have injuries to Stallworth, who may not play, and Brown who will probably play, but not at 100%, add to that the fact that Westbrook is still gimped.... and you don't have a very strong bet on Philly laying double digit points... l don't care what the trends say.

Then for GB you have a healthy Farve, Green, Driver... a good offense and no defense. Plus you have to look at the fact that Farve loves MNF spotlight and will play up for the eyes of America tonight. Lay the points if you want, you are probably right... me... lm taking the over and just praying for a ton of 50 yard TD passes all night long.
          [I]"Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.”[/I]

Comment

Line is up to 12.5... if it goes to 13 lm taking the pack for 3 units to go with my 2 unit Over 49.

Comment

Guys-
              Let me put in my opionion- I can see Eagles ML is lock. Packers was Underdog last week and won it with sorry Lions. Tonight again Packers is Big UnderDog - I don't think Brett Farve don't have all weapons to upset Eagles.

Philadelphia Money Line 700/100
              "What you [I]See[/I] It's what you [I]Get[/I] "

Comment

Working...
              X