Dragon1952 - CFB Week 9 - Early thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon1952 - CFB Week 9 - Early thoughts

To be honest I don't like the looks of this week at all!

A few early picks though:

N.C. State +4 @ Maryland - Wow---how fast they fall in the eyes of the beholders. N.C. State upset B.C. and Florida St, and then were 4.5 favorites over 5-1 Wake Forest, and all of a sudden they are underdogs to freaking Maryland!?!?

Rutgers +6.5 @ Pittsburgh - I was all over Pittsburgh last week but this is a little extreme over undefeated Rutgers who just tore Navy a new asshole in a dominating 34-0 win.

Michigan St -7 @ Northwestern - As I said last week, at this point I'll take anyone against Northwestern.....and win!

Texas -6 @ Nebraska - You've got to be kidding me....6pts?!?!

Tennessee -12 vs Alabama - I got a feeling this might come down a bit but I'll take it at -12. Alabama has got to be the most over-rated team in CFB. They just almost lost to Mississippi at home as 16 pt favorites for crying out loud....a team that had lost on the road to Missouri by 27 and to freakin' Kentucky by 17!!!

Texas A&M +1 @ Oklahoma St. - Wrong team favored here in my opinion.

Air Force -14 @ San Diego St. - The Aztecs are toast and have already packed the season in.

One I forgot...

Colorado St +4 @ Wyoming - The Cowboys beat up on Utah pretty good but this Colorado St offense is much better and even if the Cowboys win this should be within the number.

Comment

Adding:

Mississippi St +17.5 @ Georgia - I don't care if the water boy QB's Miss. St. Georgia banged up pretty good too.
      Colorado +12 @ Oklahoma - I think Colorado has turned the corner and no Adrian Peterson for the Sooners.
      LSU -32.5 vs Fresno St.- LSU coming off of a 49-0 shellacking of Kentucky and Fresno St just got beat at home by Hawaii by 31.
      Wisconsin -6 @ Purdue - Wisconsin ought to score 48 vs Purdues crappy 'D'.

Comment

You've got my two favorites for the week: Texas and Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus1
          You've got my two favorites for the week: Texas and Wisconsin.
          Et tu, Brutus?

Sorry....couldn't resist

Comment

Pick update....let's see what's happened this week since the early lines were posted, shall we?

N.C. State +4 @ Maryland - Holy cow....line has dropped to +1.5! Somebody must actually agree with me Pays to shop early!
            Rutgers +6.5 @ Pittsburgh - No change in line. This should be a tight one.
            Michigan St -7 @ Northwestern - Up slightly to -7.5. Last week vs Purdue the line actually went .5 in Northwestern's favor. I guess they've finally learned their lesson Which is....Northwestern sucks!! If Michigan St shows up this should be a rout.
            Texas -6 @ Nebraska- Has dropped to -5 and has actually been lower I believe. Lots of Cornholer fans out there. I liken this game to the Oklahoma/Texas game. Everyone says 'throw the records out'....'Oklahoma is back'....'blah, blah, blah'. Nebraska and Oklahoma are definitely 'on the way back' but they are not 'there' yet. The Longhorns have got very little respect this year....initially because no Vince Young and then because the best team in the nation beat them. Nebraska historically beats up on weaklings and loses the big games. This should be a similar foe as USC was, except this time at home so maybe not 18 but definitely at least 6.
            Tennessee -12 vs Alabama - I figured this would drop a little and it's at -11 right now. Lots of people think this is a good spot for Alabama. They must not have seen Mississippi move the ball on them last week
            Texas A&M +1 @ Oklahoma St. - This is ridiculous...the line has jumped to +3.5!?!? Oklahoma doesn't have much of a defense and the Aggies have a good one. Offenses are probably pretty equal. Yeah, A&M has had recent road woes. More trend bettors
            Air Force -14 @ San Diego St. - Has dropped to -13.5. Starting QB O'Connell and starting RB Hamilton will be back in uniform for the Aztecs after several weeks being out. The talk is though that they will probably not be ready to play significantly for another week.
            Mississippi St +17.5 @ Georgia - Up to +18 for the under-Bull-dogs. Georgia has gone steadily downhill since week 4. They had a post-Tennessee hangover and blew it vs Vanderbilt, now they've got Florida on deck. I don't see how they could possibly be focusing 100% on this week's game.
            Colorado +12 @ Oklahoma - Up to +14 for the Buffs. Hard to believe the way Colorado has been improving each week. I guess people haven't noticed. I seriously believe they could possibly win this game. Big road game on tap for the Sooners at Missouri.
            LSU -32.5 vs Fresno St.- Line holding steady. This is a whole lotta points but I keep remembering what Hawaii did to Fresno St last week. And that was at home!
            Wisconsin -6 @ Purdue - Up to Wisconsin minus a TD. Great defense vs a pathetic defense. The Badgers 'D' should set up easy scoring situations for the 'O'.
            Colorado St +4 @ Wyoming - Interstate rivalry game with Wyoming having double-revenge. The Rams have won the past 2 years by 39-31 and 30-7 scores. Probably a pretty even match-up so I'm going with the points and the hungrier team.

Adding:

Miami -17.5 @ Duke - Too bad Duke doesn't have the resources to overcome the Hurricane situation. The fact remains that, even with the 24 pts last week vs the Seminoles, the Blue Devils are only averaging about 8 pts per game. Before that outburst they were averaging about 3

Comment

Working...
            X