Dragon1952 - CFB Thursday West Virginia @ Pittsburgh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon1952 - CFB Thursday West Virginia @ Pittsburgh

West Virginia -10 @ Pittsburgh - Two Big East teams go at it tonite. At 6-4 overall and only 2-3 in the conference, Pittsburgh's season has gone down the drain. After starting out 6-1 they've now lost 3 games in a row....all conference games...including a tough double OT loss last week to a very mediocre UConn team. The Panthers let UConn rack up over 300 yds rushing and 30 first downs in that game! Pittsburgh had the game won with a 14 pt 4th Q lead but gave up 2 TD's in that quarter, one as time expired, to let the Huskies back in it. It will be tough to recover from that disappointment on a short week to now face one of their toughest opponents this year. West Virginia still has a shot at the Big East title and a BCS bowl berth and rebounded nicely last week with a nice 18 pt win vs Cincinnati after that tough loss at Louisville, a game they could have won but gave away with turnovers, penalties and poor special teams play. I thought Pittsburgh was pretty decent at 6-1 but now at 6-4 you can look back and their wins don't look all that impressive ... Virginia, Cincinnati, Citadel, Toldeo, Syracuse and UCF.... not one really quality opponent. West Virginia is by far the way better team at this point of the season with the better momentum and motivation and should easily cover this 10 pt spread. The Mountaneers need to win here and next week at home vs S. Florida to set up the showdown with Rutgers and hope Louisville can stumble again in the next 3 weeks. Pat White and Steve Slaton should have huge games against a suspect Pitt 'D' and roll in this one.
    I also like the over in this game at OV 51.5 as West Virginia has a propensity to give up a few pts. and Pittsburgh certainly has the ability to throw some up too.

Very nice going Dragon......Just wish I would have read this thread before I placed the bets........Actually did O.K on the "straights", since I loved Ohio and the OVER on the WV/PITT game, but I parlayed all 3 of 'em, including Pitt instead of your pick which was West Virginia......I'm alright with the survival factor, 'cause the weekend is just starting......Good call though.........Good Luck for the weekend.
    ;)

Comment

Thanks bud I parlayed them both with Ohio so at least now I've got some money to play with for the weekend. I apologize for the late post (not that you would automatically follow my lead ) but I had a lot going on today. I've been trying to sell my house for 7 months and finally got an offer today Good luck with your picks this weekend.

Comment

I've been trying to sell my house for 7 months and finally got an offer today Good luck with your picks this weekend.[/QUOTE]

If you have been trying to sell your house for 7 MONTHS...Get ahold Of Woodee........LOL..........nice job!
        [COLOR=Red]Arizona DiamondBacker[/COLOR]

Comment

What's up with Woodee...is he in real estate? Or has he just made so much money this year he can afford to buy it Actually it's a great investment at the current prices.

Comment

Just for kicks......Looking at a 3-team, 6-point tease for Friday College Football........(Damn, I must be bored).........Pays 180 for 100..........Let me know where I'm off:

No. Illinois +10
            No. Illinois OVER 41.5
            Eastern Michigan +18

I suck at college, but I won't pull the trigger 'til I get your thoughts........Just for some beer money......

I obviously can't wait for Sunday........
            ;)

Comment

Eastern Michigan, even though they are only 1-9, has played a lot of tight games in conference this year. The results of 5 of 6 have been within 7 pts and the other one, the 1st game of the season at Ball St, was 18 exactly so you would certainly think your 18 would be plenty safe. Kent St was on fire there for a while but now appear to be slumping since their bye with 3 straight losses and only 21 pts total in those 3 games.
              N. Illinois is hard to figure. They were beating up all the patsies and losing to the decent teams until they hit Toledo....and then they lose to them at home! Wolfe hasn't hit 100 yds in the past 4 games...in fact he's only averaged less than 50 yds per game in those games. After only turning the ball over 4 times in their first 6 games they've had 9 in those last 4 games. But their defense is playing fairly well and they are at home. Central Michigan's had a much tougher schedule and their only 3 losses are to out of conference big schools Boston College, Michigan and Kentucky. They've really been on a roll lately with 5 wins in a row.....all of them by double digits. They've pretty much got the West division locked up though with a 2 game lead over W. Mich, who they shellacked last week, and Buffalo on deck. They've also got the best defense in the conference only giving up an average of around 13 pts. per game in 6 conference games and they are very mobile at QB whereas the Huskies are not. N. Illinois has had 10 days to prepare though for whatever that's worth.
              To tell you the truth though, I am really bad at these MAC games and they seem to be highly unpredictable so I probably will keep away (yeah right )

Comment

Shit, I'm dizzy after all that!!!.....Never talked to you personally Dragon, but out of curiosity, how in the hell do you come up with all of this in such a snap?......The reason I can't seem to corner the CFB market---is that there are simply too many teams to keep track of.......I guess that's why my record sucks the way it does.......But you've got the insight to every freakin' conference that exists........I respect the shit out of your insight, but that write-up just makes me want to sit this one out!!!!.....

I'm simply a line reader, and have my ways of figuring accordingly.......but the college game doesn't flow the same way the Pro's do for me..........I respect your knowledge in this arena, and will lay low for tomorrow.....but I'm looking forward to a BIG Sunday.......Thanks again, and Good Luck.
                ;)

Comment

I appreciate the kind words my friend but it's all right out there at the touch of a button. I guess I'm just good at buttons But no matter how good of a story you can dig up it's amazing how often it doesn't coincide with what actually happens. I hope something I said didn't talk you out of a winner

Comment

Yeah, I sell real estate, where are you at? Congrats on the offer-I know its a relief. It has been that way here too. I have a few listings that have been sitting for that long too and I need offers soon! Definitely a buyers market!

Comment

I'm just north of San Diego. It sucks because about a year ago I probably could have gotten around $80K more for it and a quick sale.

Comment

I have a good buddy out that way ( huge Charger fan)and he told me about the market softening a bit out there. He sells pools and his biz had a slow down as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X