• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha ha ha...i was only kidding jpehl

i would stay away from most of your picks for this weekend though

CF2

Comment

cf is there a reason why you would stay away from my picks. Again i remind you there not my picks just my thoughts, if that makes since.
      jpehl

Comment

of course it makes sense...i usually start off with some leans and then by the time i make my picks they end up being completely different games...happens every week

giants -3......look, i am a cowboys fan huge and would love nothing more than to have gmen win and then cowboys beat philly and detroit next week giving us 2nd seed and home field + bye.....and gmen are at home and are dangerous like a wounded animal....let's face it, they do need this game more than NO does...i just have a feeling that NO can put up points here and the wheels really have fallen off the gmen...i mean, this is their season here and gmen could conceivably not even make playoffs after winning their last 2 games...but facts are that NO is the better team here and i was at the cowboys/saints game a few weeks ago and saw the fire that they had and on the road....i would probably take a pass on this game but if i was taking it, i would blow off the points and just take NO on the ML and call it a day...i think if gmen get behind by a TD or so that they will fold - deep down i think that they want to pack it in and cause chokelin to lose his job...so a shakey vote for NO on the ML

Buff -4.5....line is up to -5 now...i live 80 miles from Buff and it is not cold here at all....same temp as it was when i was in dallas for saints game...tenn been beating everyone and they have this mojo going...same could be said for buff....just feelin like if buffy does win - it will be by a FG....if i took this game, i would take tenn and tease them up to 11....again - this game could go either way, just feel like it is a tall number to lay with buff....will admit that last weeks tenn win was all smoke and mirrors but chicago has been winning like that all season

Chicago -5.5....now i do really like this game and chicago's 3rd string could probably smoke Detroit....i will play this game but small....this is a dangerous situation and i think you saw it near the end of last week's chaicago/tb game...chicago has nothing to play for and they may lose focus...hopefully, last weeks TB comeback may shake things up but i would tread lightly here....but agree that chicago is the pick

AZ +4....well don't have alot to say in this one....2 lesser teams going at it and i got stung last night by taking GB (vs Minny)....should have known better than to lay on a bad team and here is a similar situation....i saw SF come alive vs Seattle last week and saw AZ bend over for Denver...so the opposite happens this week - right??? I don't know....divisional game...anything can happen here...if you taking AZ then I would say put a little on ML at +170 too because this game is another toss up

CF2

Comment

Hey J-Pal, ya got "Cooties" or something?.............Everybody's staying away from you this weekend........ ...........But seriously, the "Cowboy" makes some interesting points in the write-up..........Don't particularly care for most of those games myself, but if I were you, I'd plop a bundle on Dallas minus the number, and head to the tailgate party..............Just don't tell anyone who you are.......
          ;)

Comment

6 games i like.....

would go something like this...on a 1-5* unit rating

2* New Orleans ML +125
            1* New Orleans +3
            4* Jax -3
            4* SD -4
            2* Dallas -7
            2* Atlanta -6.5
            2* Jets ML +120

CF2

hey BM...you going to give us your Raider play???

Comment

Yeah, let me get my "Saturday Night Special" thread going here in the next few minutes.
              ;)

Comment

From ESPN

Some fans in Detroit are planning to protest the dismal state of the William Clay Ford-owned and Matt Millen-led Detroit Lions in their home finale for the second straight year. Six Years Later...
                The record since president Matt Millen was hired in 2001 by the Detroit Lions, who are an NFL-worst 23-71 in that time:
                Year W-L-T How finished
                2001 2-14-0 Last in NFC Central
                2002 3-13-0 Last in NFC Central
                2003 5-11-0 Last in NFC Central
                2004 6-10-0 Third in NFC North
                2005 5-11-0 Third in NFC North
                2006 2-12-0 Last in NFC North*
                * -- Through 14 games

Last season, about 500 people marched, chanting "Fire Mil-len!, before the Lions hosted the Cincinnati Bengals, and many wore orange during the game.

On Sunday against Chicago, another protest has been initiated by disgruntled fans. With 8:57 left in the second quarter, those interested in showing their displeasure with Ford and Millen are asked to walk out of their seats and to later walk out of the stadium.

"They pay 60 or 80 bucks for a ticket, so they can do what they want with it," Detroit tackle Jeff Backus said. "It's their right to do that. We're not putting a good product on the field, so if that's the way they want to react to it, then so be it."

The Lions (2-12) are tied with Oakland for the worst record in the league and are an NFL-worst 23-71 since 2001, when Millen took control of the once-mediocre franchise. If Detroit loses to the Bears and at Dallas next week, its six-season total of losses will trail only Tampa Bay's 74 setbacks from 1983-88 in league history.

Chicago -5.5 is looks like trap to me too
                But I like da bears

Comment

Working...
                X