Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice game there Rex!

Rex says,
    "My confidence never wavered," Grossman stated. "It was just a matter of getting into a rhythm as an offense, everyone hitting on all cylinders and getting first downs so that you could get deeper into your game plan. We missed crucial plays, and that's the difference in the Super Bowl."

Hmmm.....I expected something more along the lines of,
    "I just can't believe how bad I sucked! I almost single-handedly lost the game! I looked like a freakin' highschool QB out there today....I'm so embarrassed. How do I miss snaps in the Super Bowl....not just once but twice!? How on earth do I throw such a god-awful rotten pass on first freaking down, with 12 minutes left and only down by 5? ..... and then come back just a few plays later and throw and even worse one!?!? I've never been so humiliated and enbarrassed in my entire life!"

YOU THINK MAYBE INDY CAUSED THAT.....DON'T GET ME WRONG I HAD THE BEARS ML BUT YOU WIN AS A TEAM AND YOU LOSE AS A TEAM AND NO EXCUSES UNLESS YOUR T.O.
    N/A

Comment

I think its funny because it seems to me that some people really believed that Grossman would show up for three games in a row. I really didnt buy into it and I truely believed that the Saints would expose him. Are you really shocked that the guy could not string together three games in a row with out screwing up. Come on ....... The Bears D no showed along with there QB. The thing im curious to hear is how much partying the Bears did. It seemed to me that South Beach got the best of the Bears. I think the only thing that held this game so close was two things.... Lovie and Dungys friendship
      and I believe the weather favored the bears. Truthfully how many games can you hide one man in this league before he is exposed.
      Did this game remind anyone of the national championship game? I had the same feeling after the first play..... Ohhh shit its going to be a long game... but after the first quarter i just sat back and let destiny take place...
      jpehl

Comment

Well I just think it's hard for a defense that plays for a QB that's always giving the ball back after all their hard work. They cause and pick up a fumble and Grossman fumbles it back on the very first play!? The defense is still celebrating and all of a sudden they have to defend from their own 30? They keep the guy in the game for 5 minutes into the 4th quarter and he throws an INT that's returned for a TD? They had plenty of stops and held Indy to FG's on 3 of the drives. Grossman had them on the field so much I think they got tired there in the second half and couldn;t stop the run. Yeah, they could have played better too. The play calling could have been a little better in certain situations. They had a 2nd and 1 well into Colt territory after a couple of nice pass plays and called another pass and Grossman fell down going back into the pocket and all of a sudden it's a 3rd and 12. I think he fell down again on the next play

Comment

Originally posted by BOBBYW
          YOU THINK MAYBE INDY CAUSED THAT.....DON'T GET ME WRONG I HAD THE BEARS ML BUT YOU WIN AS A TEAM AND YOU LOSE AS A TEAM AND NO EXCUSES UNLESS YOUR T.O.
          Well, IMHO, those 2 INT's in the 4th were all Grossman. Those were terrible passes! And you certainly can't give Indy credit for fumbled snaps. I think he made the Colts 'D' look a bit better than they really were. But I guess you have to give the Colts credit for keeping it away from Hester after that first play. Kind of like walking Barry Bonds I guess.

Comment

Really, the game played out exactly as it figured...........It was a matter of Grossman "sucking", and Manning "surviving".........Let's be honest, Peyton Manning was doing a pretty good Rex Grossman impersonation in the early stages of the game, but it was a matter of the feeble Grossman being unable to sustain any meaningful offensive momentum -- and the Bears defense eventually tired and struggled late.

I covered my teaser with the Bears +13 and Under 54, but I had the Bears on the money line too, knowing that the 7-point spread would never be a factor.............I figured the Colts would cover easily, or the Bears would win it outright.............Take Grossman out of the picture and they would have...........I did win $4,100 on an office pool though, so I was praying for the score not to change late in the game, and I now love Tony Dungy with all my heart for not trying that field goal on 4th-and-3 with 1:30 left in the game..........I can't believe the score stayed the same for the last 11:44 of the game.........Incredible !!.................Looks like I'm buying lunch for the whole office today.

One last note, did anyone notice that the winning bets were with the FAVORITE AND THE UNDER?...........The strategy works again...............Good Luck to all.
            ;)

Comment

I'm so freaking annoyed at this game!!! All week long, the Bears talked about committing to the run. That they won't be dissuaded from rushing the ball. That they are going to run straight at them and wear down the Colts.

Then, down by less than a TD most of the 2nd half, PASS PASS PASS PASS. How utterly insanely stupid can they be? Does ANYONE think Grossman was going to outpass Manning? Especially after watching that 1st half? WTF??? They gave this game away. I don't understand why no team in the NFL is capable of CALLING a running play in the 2nd half of a football game!!!! Chargers did it. Ravens did it. Patriots did it. Chiefs did it. Is nobody paying attention here????

The Bears gave this game away, flat out.

Comment

the better team clearly won this game. yes, grossman sucks, but it wasnt all his fault. the bear defense sucked. blown coverages, playing 18 yds off the line so soft. manning just dissected what was available. colt O line should have gotten the MVP. they were spectacular

i am one of the biggest grossman bashers but the kid is in his first full season as a starter. he sucks now. he will get better. i can recall a kid from UCLA going 1-15 in his first season as an NFL starter....aikman i think he was called.

Comment

Blamed on the game guys, NOT Players! ...Everyone knows REX Grossman is suck ---why we were fell into him and Bears. As for me --I come out broke even. I put on first half with INDIANAPOLIS and UNDER; after Hester jumped out and got first TD. I thought to myself - I got to drink more until the end of the first half after Indianapolis missed last FG. I passed out. But I got INDY money line to covered me. Also I took the UNDER from Boone Moone too. Thanks! BM. I missed all the second half of the game, cuz passed out.

Great Super Bowl....Can not wait until next season!
                  "What you [I]See[/I] It's what you [I]Get[/I] "

Comment

i wish i was drinking what you were drinking. sounds like you had a large time.

and more importantly, your english is much more goodly!

Comment

It just sucks that the weather had to be a factor. You look forward to the game so much and then you get a steady downpour and a sloppy game with 8 combined turnovers. It would be interesting to know how it would have turned out otherwise.

Comment

Face it Dragon, it would have been much more interesting to see how it turned out had the Chargers not blown that game to the Patriots when Martyball intervened.............Also, I can't believe I went with the Bears and Grossman even though the Colts beat the team I thought would take it all (Ravens) in their own stadium.........Not to make any excuses, but I've had a real hard time concentrating since right before the hoiday season began..........Hmmmm, I wonder why............Good Luck guys.
                        ;)

Comment

That should read holiday season, of course............See what I mean?
                          ;)

Comment

I can't blame the rain because you'd like to think the rain was a Bears ADVANTAGE, although maybe not considering how they played and how they played in the muck last year vs. Carolina.

While the players did not execute, I still think the coaching and game plan by the Bears on offense and defense was absolutely terrible. Thomas Jones should have been the MVP of that game.

I agree, had the Chargers not screwed up the Patriots game, they should have destroyed the Colts. But then again...the playoffs have proved me wrong before. With no one running the ball, its no surprise the best QB won.

Comment

Yes I was extremely bummed when the Chargers didn't advance. Probably the worst I've ever felt about any game.

Comment

Working...
                              X