TWO-CENT THOUGHTS, TRENDS AND TIDBITS ON THE MADNESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWO-CENT THOUGHTS, TRENDS AND TIDBITS ON THE MADNESS

JUST A FEW THINGS TO LOOK AT IN THE COMING DAYS FOR THE COLLEGE TOURNAMENT HOOP BETTOR:

ACC: North Carolina offers no value at 1/1 , these clowns are no better than 5-14-1 ATS in their past 20 games played in March, they will undoubtedly find a way to stub their toe yet again..........Those teams that offer the best value hail from the state of Virginia.....they being Virginia Tech at 3-1 and Virginia at 5-1 ....The others look like also-rans, like Duke who is just 2-9 ATS in their past 11 games during the month of March...........Maryland will choke as soon as it has to play a game in a hostile environment.

BIG EAST: Pittsburgh is big, Georgetown is game, and Louisville is fast..........but the team offering the most value here might be Villanova at a fat 8-1 ...........This tourney is ripe for an upset, and 'Nova just might provide it........Take a flyer?

BIG 12: Kansas is the odds-on favorite to take this one, and by all rights should be.............but you don't have to jog your memory too much to notice that these characters have lost the past two years to Bradley (2006), and to Bucknell (2005)...........To take the paltry 1-1 odds being offered at the moment, would be like saying that you don't care too much for money, or for keeping it in your pocket for very long......If you must learn again -- the hard way, then go for it..........Just don't come back later saying you weren't warned............An alternative route might be to toss a couple of zops on Texas A&M .......These dudes have played with much more heart and belonging of late, and their 10-3 record ATS in March recently doesn't hurt.....figure in the fact that you're getting them at a decent value of 2-1, and the only thing missing is a fat cigar.............Go ahead -- jump in, if for nothing else, just to have the satifaction of watching Bobby Knight (Texas Tech) wander up and down the sidelines trying to figure out how he use to do it................Texas doesn't impress me, having been the Jeckyll and Hyde team they've been all year......You can't trust 'em.

These are just the opening thoughts for some important tourneys for now, I'll be back on this same thread highlighting some of the others -- when time allows....stay tuned.

ONE LAST NOTE: A lot of you might be wondering why I'm getting involved on the hoops circuit -- when my strengths lie with baseball and football, but when it comes to "the chips being down" in any sport........I do my best at trying to decipher all of the "ups-and-downs", and all of the "hot-and-colds" at hand.........Stick with me, maybe we can pull off another World Series caper..........Good Luck !!
    ;)

Good Luck Boone

Was reading your post, always interested in
    your keen insight..

Carpet

Comment

A QUICK LOOK AT SOME OTHER IMPORTANT CONFERENCE TOURNEYS:

PAC-10: It may be safe to say that one or more teams from this conference could reach the "Elite-8" in the Big Dance..........It would be very safe to say that no one in this conference possesses the talent and skill of the defending tourney champion UCLA Bruins .........Sure, they've had their share of letdowns and lapses during the year, but nobody in this conference can stay with them when push comes to shove down the stretch with Coach Ben Howland at the reins..............I'm not into betting on teams that are 4-5 odds , but I can't envision anyone knocking them down......For the skeptics, you've got perrenial UCLA nemesis USC at 5-1, and you can also get the big and slow Washington State at 3-1 ...........Arizona at 5-1 can't be counted on because they can win or lose at any time by 20 points or more.........I can't use them.

BIG-10: Having to take Ohio State at 70 cents on the dollar doesn't appeal very much to me...........They of course are the team to beat, but certainly no lock.........Wisconsin at 8-5 isn't too appetizing either unless they get to play all of their games at home -- which isn't the case, so I might take a shot with Purdue at 5-1 or even Indiana at 6-1 in hopes that they can revert back to the old glory days of Hoosier basketball.............Either way, this conference tourney firgures to be the most enjoyable to view.

SEC: Florida at 70 cents on the dollar should nail this one down by default........This quintet hasn't reached the peak form of last year as of yet, and as a matter of fact appear very vulnerable this time around.....but not in the conference tourney........Nobody from this conference can match the Gators when they're on...........I might have to pass on a play here, simply not to take the short odds........Bit if I were to try to bridge-jump in this situation, it would be with Tennessee at 5-1 or the always suprising and dangerous-on-occasion Vanderbilt at 6-1. .......This tourney should also be fun to watch.

Just a few thoughts on the upcoming play, would like to see if anyone else sees any real value out there that we may have overlooked..........Good Luck guys.
      ;)

Comment

Good Stuff!

I was going to play some of these futures but held back a bit.

Got GTech at 12/1 for a small amount in the ACC.

Still think Zona has a bit of value at 5/1 in the Pac 10. And maybe USC too.

Big 12..Think Kansas rolls. A & M may be the only other team I would think about.

Big 10-Wiscy or Ohio State and thats all there. No other team has enough to get it done for 4 games.

Comment

...........Maryland will choke as soon as it has to play a game in a hostile environment.

Arizona at 5-1 can't be counted on because they can win or lose at any time by 20 points or more.........I can't use them.

These guys must be reading my script.
          ;)

Comment

Working...
          X