NCAAF TOP 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAAF TOP 10

by yours truly, CAPPERMASTER....I never post a top 10, but lets kick off some interesting debate.

1. USC...Strong defense returns 10 players and the USC offense is always supercharged. The tragic death of Mario Danelo will give this team a boost all year long. The only serious challenges come from Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Cal. Schedule is favorable.

2. Lousiville. All the big guns on that offense return and their schedule is fairly good. Only serious challenge is at West Virginia. I love Brohm to be the Heisman front runner.

3. Tennessee. A maturing Erik Ainge and offensive line will spark the Vols to a top 3 contender. Defense is young, but will be a pleasant surprise. Tough game in the opener at Cal and then 2 weeks later at Florida. Rest of schedule isn`t bad, but better watch out for Alabama and Georgia.

4. Michigan. A strong offense returns to Ann arbor, led by QB Chad Henne and RB Michael Hart. The loss of DE LaMarr Woodley and a host of other defensive players will be Michigan`s biggest hurdle this year. Will a new group gel together? I think so. A big Ten schedule is always tough. The Wolves get Ohio State, Penn St, Purdue, and Notre Dame at home this year.

5. Auburn. A matured Brandon Cox returns at QB, Auburn produces a steady stream of quality RB`s and will contend this year. They will be on the road at Florida, Arkansas, LSU, and Georgia. The Tigers should take 3 of those games.

6. CAL. QB Nate Longshore, a possible Heisman contender, returns to the Bears with his entire receiving Corps. The Bears should improve on D this year and give Longshore and opportunity to win games.

7. West Virginia. All I gotta say is, SLATON and WHITE. Probably the best QB/RB combo out there. Defense should be a bit better and their schedule is very favorable. Trouble spots are at Rutgers and South Florida.

8. Hawaii. Gotta LOVE Colt Brennan.The return of receivers Bess and Rivers will fire up this Warrior O. Defense will need to reload, but schedule should be a cake walk.

9. Purdue. QB Painter, RB Sheets, and WR Bryant return to provide a great nucleus for this squad. Defense needs to significantly improve and they must overcome a tough schedule. I`m giving Purdue a shot here. Should be 4-0 when they meet Notre Dame.

10. Penn St. Hey CapperMaster, why so many Big Ten teams??? Cuz, this league is a WARZONE...great competition this year.A good returning defense and a matured offense should spark Joe Pa`s group. Another dark horse in my top 10.

I was hoping you would keep Tennessee under the radar. When they won the national championship in 1998, no one had them in their preseason top 10. Both Florida and LSU beat TN in the last seconds of very close games last year, with Ainge on the bench hurt.

Comment

Ainge is a winner..tough schedule could dampen national title hopes. Still gotta love the VOLS!

Comment

Working...
      X