Dr. Bob CFB PICKS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Bob CFB PICKS?

Ive looked all over the net for Dr. Bobs picks for this football season. I really dont even need them before the games just would like to see how he is doing this year. I wanted to do this because I read somewhere that he caused such a comotion in Vegas last year that they have specifically targetted his style and made adjustments to what they think he will pick before hand. Just curious, would greatly appreciate if anyone could post a link or his picks from last week. Also want to note that I do not know how credible the source was and I am only looking for his CFB picks not NFL.
    Thanks in advance
    jpehl

Dr Bob passed last week. No plays.

Dr Bob is a good solid handicapper. His long term win % is around 57% in College football which is very good.

It's not so much that Dr Bob himself, caused a stir.

It's that a well known "group" or two, including one or two of the most successul sportsbettors out there, started playing his stuff. So when he would release his games, there would be hundreds of thousands of dollars bet simultaneously eating up all the good numbers.

Some of those same guys are once again lined up to play his stuff again this year, so expect his games to move like they did last year.

Comment

I should be able to get them.

Comment

Do these Two groups have a name? Also have you heard anything about vegas making adjustments? Im more interested in analyzing the adjustments that Vegas makes, if any.
        thanks,
        jpehl

Comment

Here's a little snippet from Dr. Bob's site:

2006 Season Recap
          I had Chicago as a 2-Star Best Bet at +7 or more, which was readily available, so it will go down as a 2-Star loss. I had no Best Bets on the propositions, but my one Strong Opinion prop on Grossman Under in passing yards was an easy winner.

The Super Bowl ended a frustrating NFL season in which my NFL Best Bets were just 29-34-3 on the season and 76-89-8 on a Star Basis while my Strong Opinions were 59% (22-15-1) and my leans were also profitable. I had a very good record picking every single NFL game this season, yet my Best Bets somehow finished under 50%. I'll spend the Summer researching my NFL methods and Best Bet selection process and I expect to turn things around next year. I did a similar research project in the Summer of 2004 after a losing record on College Best Bets in 2003 and I'm 63.5% on my College Football Best Bets since then - and I'll fix the NFL too.

Despite the bad NFL season, I was still a profitable 201-178-15 on a Star Basis on all Football Best Bets for the season (125-89-7 on Stars in College) for +5.2 Stars of profit. That's obviously not nearly as good as a profit as normal (I averaged over 50 Stars of profit the prior two seasons), but I am a very profitable 633-474-33 (57%) on a Star Basis on my Football Best Bets since 2004 - and 57% lifetime (20 years).

Comment

I haven't heard about any "adjustments" specifically for Dr Bob. Doesn't mean they aren't.

Oddsmakers have tried to do this in the past, specifically with the computer group and a couple of other well known syndicates.

In general, oddsmakers are no match for these groups. Go to

http://www.lvsc.com/lvscteam.html

Check out the group picture. Does that look like a group of guys that can't be outsmarted? There's some guys that thank their lucky stars that Kenny White is in charge.

With Dr Bob, there's really no long term exposure like there is with these other groups. Because Dr Bobs plays are public knowledge. They can be verified instantly. The first few guys that get the plays and get the original numbers are the only guys that are a threat to win long term. Everyone else that follows along afterward will end up being a long term loser. The bean counters in Vegas shouldn't fear the stuff.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Dr. Ray,
              If its not a problem I would love to keep up with his picks this season. Just CFB is all I am interested in.
              Thanks again,
              jpehl

Comment

Working...
              X