Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday NFL Best Bet

Detroit +2.5 over Oakland…..Also possible M/L play
    I never thought I would ever be saying this, but I am making the Detroit Lions my Best NFL Bet of the week…yep I said it! In fact this is one of my money line plays this week. QB Jon Kitna is a perfect fit for Offensive Coordinator Mike Martz’s offensive scheme. Many writeups I have read refer to Oakland rookie head coach Lane Kiffin as “one that will bring a new and fresh flavor to a revamped Oakland Raider team…..They need more than revamping, if they think Daunte Culpepper is their “angel in the outfield” for them, well I think they need a whole lot more to improve on one of the most anemic offenses in 2006 the NFL has seen in many years.
    There is little doubt the Lions will have a potent passing game, with rookie sensation Calvin Johnson, plus Roy Williams and Mike Furrey, who combined for 180 catches, 2,396 yards and 13 TDs in 2006. How about the likes of RB’s Tatum Bell and TJ Duckett to compliment the passing game. They also picked up veteran RT George Foster from Denver and LG Edwin Mulitalo from Baltimore that is sure to improve the offensive line from a year ago. RG Damien Woody is back from an injury which forced him to miss 11 games in 2006. Oakland is one of the best passing defenses in the league last year, but way down on the bottom half against the run. Detroit with their passing threat will be able to spread the field and establish the running game which they should be able to do with much success. Oakland’s offensive line is not very good and the loss of Dominic Rhodes to suspension will probably force the Raiders into a one dimensional offense for this game. With the “new and fresh” approach to this season, the Raiders may very well improve and surprise some teams down the road, but this is the first game and I don’t see a terrible team from just a year ago making a complete turnaround in just one game.

Feel like really gambling? How’s this for a half unit money line parlay and money line round robin (3’s):
    Kansas City +3.0…..M/L +$1.50
    Buffalo +3.0……M/L +$1.50
    Miami +3.0…...M/L +$1.50
    Detroit +2.5…. M/L +$1.20
    Baltimore +2.5…. M/L +$1.20

These will be plays for me with the points and on the money line.
Working...
X