Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "I've Gone Off The Deep End" Play For 07

My "Ive Gone Off The Deep End Play" for 2007
    Each Year I seem to find some off the wall impossible play that everyone thinks when they see it that I have gone off the deep end or at least off my rocker....Well I found one again...!!

Notre Dame beats Michigan State Straight Up.....!!!!

Before you call the little white men with the straight jackets, at least hear what I have to say before condemning me...Now I have to admit, my record on these plays is not all that great, but I have won about half of them and because they are usually "money line" plays, we are well ahead of the game....

My "off the deep end" play last year was in week #10...Stanford was on the road at Washington as a 16.5 point dog...Stanford was winless coming into that game, Washington certainly didn't have a great record to that point, but they were a 16.5 point favorite and playing at home....End result, Stanford won the game straight up 20-3...

Notre Dame maybe 0-3 but let's take a look at who they have played. They have played 3 teams all with winning records. The combined wins for those 3 teams between this year and last is 33 wins. Michigan States opponents so far this year have a total of 13 wins last year.

This is the first team Notre Dame has faced that didn't have a winning record from a year ago, this is also a sandwiched home game between "4" road games. Yep 2 roads 1 home and 2 roads. Michigan St will most assuredly being taken the Irish lightly and looking ahead to Wisconsin next week. 12-1 LY 3-0 this year. This could be the classic letdown situation.

Coach Weiss has a reputation for taking care of the games he is supposed to win. This year the stats are obviously a little skewed, but he is 15-0 coming into the season versus sub .750 teams and 10-0 against teams outside the top 15. As I say this is not a scenario that meets this game criteria, but he does win against mediocre teams...

His 10-3 record last year was certainly attributed to the offense which with Brady Quinn was one of the best in the country. So is now turning attention to his defense which by the way he only returns 3 starters....

I am going purely with the game situation, obviously I cannot justify the play based on stats, trends or records, but that is usually how I come up with my "Off the deep end play" anyhow....

By the way the 16.5 points don't look bad either....

You've gone off the deep end.

Comment

Im no bookie but I will definitely take the bet......
      jpehl

Comment

Where did you find 16?

Comment

SU may be pushing it but I don;t think its a bad play on Notre Dame actually. Look slike a pass to me but worth a look.

good luck anyway.

Comment

Stranger things have happened.
            ;)

Comment

Originally posted by jpehl
              Where did you find 16?
              Typo....should be 13.0 sorry...I see it is 12.5 now in some places

Comment

Working...
              X