No announcement yet.

MLB PLAYOFFS AT-A-GLANCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the two teams that are ahead in the series 2-0 will sweep today, and since everyone figures it will be the Rockies, it will probably be the D'Backs............Don't recommend going too heavy on either one today, but momentum speaks volumes............Will play each one today, hoping either of the two come through for the series plays..............Officially, we'll go with these plays for today:

ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS +170

COLORADO ROCKIES -155

Equal plays on each, just hoping we don't go off the deep end...........Not too happy about the lines, hope we're not forcing a play here.............Good Luck to you.
    ;)

Comment

Hahahaha! Ohh man having Boston -1.5 last night must have sucked. The only way they could have covered was with that last home run. I'm with ya on the Rockies today, Phila. has to be demoralized at this point from losing to a team that probably shouldn't have gone this far. Chicago has to win at least one though right?

Comment

Wrong.........Who says they have to win one?.........The oddsmakers?.........The average betting fool will go along with the line the bookies post just because the "law of averages" or the statistics say this or that, and I don't know how many more seasons I'll have to sit here and preach (the regulars are probably tired of reading it) that at this time of year, statistics, averages, records, head-to-head competition over the year don't mean a damn thing.........It's a bunch of horseshit...........I heard the announcer on the radio say today: "And who would have thought that the Arizona Diamondbacks, who had the least amount of runs scored by any team entering the post season, would be able to sweep a series"?..............Again, it's all about momentum right now, and either you have it or you don't, it's that simple.............The Cubbies folded their hand in Game 1.........That's all folks.

As for the Phillies possibly being swept by a team that barely made the playoffs..........Let me point out that the Rockies are the hottest thing in baseball right now -- in case you hadn't noticed..........They finished by winning something like 13 out of they're last 15 games to reach two other good-playing ballclubs in San Diego and the D'Backs.............Whereas I'm not so sure that the Phillies won the East, so much as the Mets lost it.........Let's face it, if anybody "backed into" the playoffs, trust me, it was the Phillies -- not the Colorado Rockies.

Sorry about the long-winded posts, but anyone not interested in the MLB post-season, isn't making any money at it.............As for myself, I live for this time of year............Good Luck and hoo-roo !!

;)

Comment

But the Phillies didn't have to get a blown call in a tie breaker game to get there. That's all I meant. The Phillies were probably preparing to play San Diego.

Comment

Good point Sov...........and I totally agree that was indeed a blown call, and a sad way to qualify..........But again, it just goes to show you that when things are going your way, it's tough to get beat.............the old adage 'better lucky than good" would certainly apply.
            ;)

Comment

POST SEASON RECORD 7-3

Got a little lucky yesterday on the Rockies considering we had to play at an inflated number...........The post season record so far includes 6 underdogs on the winning end............There is a thing called a "force play" in baseball, and we're going with a force play of our own here as well............I really should leave today's games alone, but the way football's been going for me lately, let's keep it where it's hot..........We'll play these for Sunday:

ANAHEIM ANGELS +104 Just can't see this team getting swept in this series, or in their
              own yard.........Not to say that Beckett wouldn't come back and beat 'em in Game 4 if there is one................But I've gottta give the home boys a chance here, Schilling and all, I just think that the Red Sox are an average team away from home.........We'll find out today.

CLEVELAND INDIANS +175 Hey why not?........All the pressure is on the Yankees to make it a series in the Bronx, and we all saw what happened with the Cubs yessterday at the giftly price of +175 on the D'Backs..........You talk about Christmas in October!........Let's go for catching lightning in a bottle here, and grab the Tribe to pull off the sweep.

Good Luck to you.
              ;)

Comment

Nice plays yesterday...
                jpehl

Comment

Ya he's good. I'm 4-4 (damn Cubs) So I'm using Boone's plays today to hopefully catch up.

Comment

the redsox are going to win by 1 point.

Comment

Now before anyone gets pissed at me... Come on!! Boston is good... but three Divisional sweeps in a row? I learned I'm not suppose to use statistics... but it can it really happen? At least one series has to go to game 4 right?!?!

Comment

POST SEASON POSTING RECORD 7-5

Haven't really had the time for write-ups on this thread and it's partially because this post-season has pretty much gone as planned, and I don't want to commit the posting jinx by betting on every game, especially since the REAL score would come if the Indians meet the Rockies in the World Series...........but for the sake of playing tonight's game (the only action aside from pre-season hockey and hoops), we'll take a stand.

CLEVELAND INDIANS +103 Never cared for Tim Wakefield on the road vs. anybody , let alone a white-hot Indian tribe..........Sure, his veteran craftiness will try to help get the Sox back on track in tonight's crucial match-up, but the Tribe are a tough beat at "The Jake" as they call it............Byrd is a good play at home, and I see this game going OVER THE TOATAL if you're going that route, with major emphasis on the Indians winning a high-scoring easy victory................Will soon be posting the World Series Thread, but it doesn't start until next Wednesday, Oct, 24, 2007.

Good Luck to you.
                        ;)

Comment

Is it just me or does it seem that the Sox have hit the panic button... Im going to follow your lead...
                          jpehl

Comment

POST SEASON RECORD 8-5-1

Got robbed Tuesday night when the game failed to go over the 10, but a push is better than a loss any day of the week, we've been lucky so why get greedy?

CLEVELAND INDIANS +105

In tonight's game (Thursday 10/18/07) we're sticking with the hot home team once again.............The Tribe looks to have turned the corner in this series, and I look for them to nail it down tonight at the "Jake".............Indians players were heard saying the other night that they have never heard the home fans as loud and boisterous as they have been in this series -- and sure, I know the fans don't play the game, but they can sure make it tough on an already weary and pressure-packed team as this Sox team has been on the road.

I know Josh Beckett can be unhittable at times, but just like most good pitchers, they usually throw their best from the home bump...........Which brings us to C.C. Sabathia...........This guy has pitched more than his share of gems over the years, and what better prize for him than to wrap it all up tonight in front of the home crowd and send the Tribe back to the Fall Classic?............All the pressure is on the Boston club tonight, and that will allow the Indians to come out free-swingin' (like they always do anyway), get to Beckett early, and push this game OVER THE TOTAL OF 8 RUNS to cap things off on a winning note.

HEAVIER EMPHASIS ON THE INDIANS +105 THAN THE TOTAL, BUT WE ARE PLAYING THEM BOTH............GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

;)

Comment

POST SEASON RECORD 8 - 6 - 2

GAME 7 CLEVELAND INDIANS (ANY PRICE)

O.K. So the record starts to dwindle, but we're still doing better than some players that gave up on things after the first round of the playoffs.............Didn't want to post on Saturday because it figured the Sox would come back strong in their first game back home, and even though I preach not to bet with your heart - but instead with your wallet, I wasn't about to play agianst my vested interest in the Indians.............the Sox came back strong indeed..........and having seen that, we are right in the position we figure we'd be right now................Just when everyone is thinking that all the Sox have to do is show up to proceed to the Fall Classic, they will dissapoint, and come up short to the better ballclub, and the Cleveland Indians will emerge victorious, and represent the American League - when the series begins this Wednesday........TAKE THE TRIBE to win Game 7, win some money, and we'll talk to you again next week before the World Series begins............Good Luck to you.

;)

Comment

IMO the key move in this series was Francona's decision to go with Wakefield in Game 4, in Cleveland, down 1-2.

Despite picking up yet another loss (1-3), the Sox rotation was then nicely set to finish this series off at home in Game 7, after three solid outings in succession by Beckett (their Ace), Schilling (their #2) and Matsuzaka (their #3) this evening.

Beckett (Cy Young Award Winner?) as an Away Dog was an outstanding play.
                                Schilling as a Home Fav (at only -128, down 2-3) was a terrific play.
                                Matsuzaka as a Home Fav (at -164, tied 3-3) is another solid play today.

I see the Red Sox winning their 3rd game in a row this evening, as the better team in this match-up.

IMO making "series calls", in advance, followed by individual game plays in that same series can be a recipe for disaster.

Enjoy tonight's Game 7!

Comment

Working...
                                X