Parlay Fever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parlay Fever

I understand that a "Parlay" is a bad bet but what can I do I am hooked. Dragon man will be interested in this.

I would like to read about what parlay bets some of you have made.

Maybe none .

This is my serious parlay for today:

Chicago -6
    Minny ML
    Pitts ML

60 for 308
    --------------------gl 2 all

I like to play a parlay for small change. Yesterday I had
    S. Carolina +6 (bought 3)
    Ohio State -2.5 (bought 1/2)
    UTEP +9 (bought 3)
    California +6 (bought 3)

and at night a 7-pt teaser
    Cal +10
    Cal/Ari St under 70
    N.M. St +37.5
    N.M. St/Haw under 87

As you can see, Cal screwed me on both after being up by 13 early and then not even being able to score a pt in the 2nd half. Longshore heaves up 2 INT's late in the game, just like he did last week at UCLA.

Comment

That was some tuff luck on Cal - I can never get that conference right at all --

I just pooped my pants on Chicago Bears - how can they do that to me -
      very depressed about this - where is my Bombay? Why would I not put SD (my gow) in parlay? Don't like using that big a spread in parlays.
      Had a bad bad day yesterday - took the pipe on So. Fla and again on Virginia.

Comment

I used to play 3 team parlays but found it too hard to win. Now I play round robins by 2s. A round robin by 2 is a series of 2 team parlays. For example, say you bet 5 teams at $10. The cost of the bet is $100 (the formula is 5 teams x 4(next lowest number) divided by 2. Then take the result (i.e. 10) x $10 = $100). You have 10 2 team parlays (i.e. 1 and 2, 1 and 3, 1 and 4, 1 and 5, 2 and 3, 2 and 4, 2 and 5, 3 and 4, 3 and 5, and 4 and 5). If you win at least 3 games (assume 13/5 payout + $10 back=$37 per 2 team parlay win) the profit is $11. Obviously the profit is more for winning 4 and 5 games.

Comment

Thanks Chuck

I like that action - now I need 5 winners - will be looking for the GOW leaders to bounce back and have a good week and get it back for me and those that gagged this week.

Comment

Working...
          X