Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA 2nite

Who do you guys like?

I like to look at the money line. Here's what appears to be a decent pick at -170. These two seem to play a lot of close games, hence the look at the ML.

N.J. Nets -4 or 170 ML at home vs Atlanta

Note - New Jersey has won 11 of 14 and 14 of the last 18 meetings.
    Note - Atlanta has lost 10 of 11 and 16 of its last 19 at New Jersey.
    The Vince Carter, Richard Jefferson and Jason Kidd led Nets went 41-41 last year and made the playoffs. They have bolstered their roster somewhat this year with the additions of Malik Allen and Jamaal Magloire.
    Atlanta, who went 30-52 last year, virtually did nothing. Although they did get 2 nice 1st round draft choices in Florida's Al Horford and Acie Law of Texas A&M, they are rookies and may take awhile before they contribute significantly.

Phoenix -5 or -220 ML at Charlotte -

Note - Phoenix (61-21 last year) has won all 6 match-ups by 9 or more.
    Charlotte (33-49 last year), has already lost a starter to injury.

San Antonio -2 or -145 ML at Houston -

Note - San Antonio has won eight of the last 10 meetings.
    Note - San Antonio has won 15 of 19 and 19 of the last 24 meetings.
    Note - San Antonio has won 30 of 36 and 31 of the last 38 meetings.
    Note - San Antonio has won four straight after losing its last two at Houston.
    Note - San Antonio has won seven of its last nine at Houston.
    Note - San Antonio has won nine of 12 and 14 of its last 18 at Houston.

They split last year with the Spurs winning both games at Houston, and then Houston winning both at San Antoine.
    The World Champ Spurs are well rested and Houston comes off a big game vs Dallas last night.

Toronto -3 or -160 ML at Milwaukee -

Milwaukee only won 28 games last year as opposed to 47 wins for the Raptors. The road team seems to do better than average in this match-up. Toronto is the much better team.

Others that look interesting for no particular reason:

Denver -155 ML at New York- I love the Carmelo Anthony/Allen Iverson combo! There is a little bad blood here from the brawl last year that put Anthony on suspension for 15 games. I think the Nuggets might have a little more payback in mind.

Comment

I'm going to try a 2 team ML parlay.

N.J. Nets -170
      Toronto -160

Pays a little over 1.5 to 1.
      Now that I've posted it's probably doomed.

Comment

As you can see from my NBA - Free Picks for today, I'm on several of the opposite sides from you in thes match-ups. A swack of interesting tilts on the go tonight.

Comment

Yeah, no offense. I'm sure you know a hell of a lot more than I do. I guess at least one of us wins, eh? Or maybe both since I'm on the ML

Comment

Well we both kinda sucked

Comment

Yes we did.

Good thing my "non Free NBA selection" last night came thru in spades ... NYK +3.0

When you get right down to it, it's really the non Free selections that count.

Comment

Working...
              X