Wednesday NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday NBA

A few games I like tonite for what it's worth.

New Orleans (4-0) -3 or -150 ML @ Portland (0-3)-
    New Orleans is very hot right now and are going to the playoffs if they stay healthy. Portland is rebuilding and is going without their top draft choice all year due to injury. They'll probably be lucky to win 30 games. However, I live close to Portland and am in on the local news. The team has practiced with extreme intensity and they are pissed off right now. They are rested and have not played since 11/3 and have been thinking about the Hornets the entire time. New Orleans has had 2 road games in that same time frame. These teams played in New Orleans on 11/2 resulting in a 20 pt Hornet win. I would expect for Portland to come out extremely fired up and would not be surprised at all if they hang. However, I did take the Hornets -3 on a small parlay and think they should be able to pull away late.

Phoenix (3-1) -5.5 or -230 ML @ Atlanta (1-2) -
    Atlanta has been competitive with a big home win vs Dallas and 2 road losses by a combined 6 pts. Phoenix is coming off of a similar spread win last night in Charlotte where they covered by 32! Phoenix has won five straight and seven of its last eight at the Hawks. I played this at the -5.5 spread.

Leans -

Boston (2-0) -6 vs Denver (2-2) -
    Boston at home and rested. Denver had a 10 pt lead going into the 4th Q last night in the grudge match at New York and let the Knicks outscore them by 17 in that Q to pull out the 5 pt win. I may buy this down a bit and parlay it at maybe -3 or -4 or maybe -260 ML.
    Note - Denver has lost 15 of its last 17 at Boston.

Orlando (3-1) +4.5 @ Toronto - (2-2) -
    Toronto hobbling a bit with a 2 game losing streak. Chris Bosh has been hampered with a knee injury and only played 15 min last night at Milwaukee, and only logging 1 pt. They shot a pathetic 41% from the field and allowed the Bucks to shoot a lights out 61%. Orlando coming off of 2 solid road wins vs Washington and Minnesota.
    Note - Orlando has lost six straight and seven of its last eight at Toronto.
    Toronto also swept Orlando in all 4 meetings last year with the largest margin only being 10 however. I would say Orlando might have a little extra motivation here and with Toronto less than 100% possibly and Orlando playing well I may play Orlando +6 or so on a 2 or 3 team parlay.

Originally posted by dragon1952
    A few games I like tonite for what it's worth.

New Orleans (4-0) -3 or -150 ML @ Portland (0-3)-
    New Orleans is very hot right now and are going to the playoffs if they stay healthy. Portland is rebuilding and is going without their top draft choice all year due to injury. They'll probably be lucky to win 30 games. However, I live close to Portland and am in on the local news. The team has practiced with extreme intensity and they are pissed off right now. They are rested and have not played since 11/3 and have been thinking about the Hornets the entire time. New Orleans has had 2 road games in that same time frame. These teams played in New Orleans on 11/2 resulting in a 20 pt Hornet win. I would expect for Portland to come out extremely fired up and would not be surprised at all if they hang. However, I did take the Hornets -3 on a small parlay and think they should be able to pull away late.

Phoenix (3-1) -5.5 or -230 ML @ Atlanta (1-2) -
    Atlanta has been competitive with a big home win vs Dallas and 2 road losses by a combined 6 pts. Phoenix is coming off of a similar spread win last night in Charlotte where they covered by 32! Phoenix has won five straight and seven of its last eight at the Hawks. I played this at the -5.5 spread.

Leans -

Boston (2-0) -6 vs Denver (2-2) -
    Boston at home and rested. Denver had a 10 pt lead going into the 4th Q last night in the grudge match at New York and let the Knicks outscore them by 17 in that Q to pull out the 5 pt win. I may buy this down a bit and parlay it at maybe -3 or -4 or maybe -260 ML.
    Note - Denver has lost 15 of its last 17 at Boston.

Orlando (3-1) +4.5 @ Toronto - (2-2) -
    Toronto hobbling a bit with a 2 game losing streak. Chris Bosh has been hampered with a knee injury and only played 15 min last night at Milwaukee, and only logging 1 pt. They shot a pathetic 41% from the field and allowed the Bucks to shoot a lights out 61%. Orlando coming off of 2 solid road wins vs Washington and Minnesota.
    Note - Orlando has lost six straight and seven of its last eight at Toronto.
    Toronto also swept Orlando in all 4 meetings last year with the largest margin only being 10 however. I would say Orlando might have a little extra motivation here and with Toronto less than 100% possibly and Orlando playing well I may play Orlando +6 or so on a 2 or 3 team parlay.
    Hope you won't mind if I share my opinions with you about these specific games ...

NO/Por - my take is pretty much the same as yours.

Pho/Atl - despite the Suns' recent covers, I think they're in trouble this year (with their current roster) and ... but for the possibility that Amare Stoudemire will return for tonight's match-up with the Hawks ... would look seriously at Atlanta in this tilt.

Den/Bos - KMart plays tonight vs the C's after sitting out yesterday's match-up with the Knicks ... I have the Nuggets as one of my top NBA selections today.

Orl/Tor - despite his putrid output last night, Bosh is healthy, and almost never follows a game like that with another clunker, at least to this point in his young (but stellar) career. And, with Arroyo at the helm vs. the two-headed monster of Fordarone (TJ & Jose), instead of JNelson, I've actually got Toronto as one of my top NBA selections today.

Comment

Nope, don't mind at all. I appreciate the input. Bosh can't be too damn healthy though if he only logged 15 mins last night can he?

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952
        Nope, don't mind at all. I appreciate the input. Bosh can't be too damn healthy though if he only logged 15 mins last night can he?
        Check the game stats from his outing vs Boston on Sunday and you'll see that he was fit enough to log major minutes (I think something like 36+) when needed in a close game at home against the C's.

By contrast, Sam Mitchell simply pulled the plug early on Bosh last night vs the Bucks, knowing full well that the Raps were playing the 1st of 4 games in 5 nights this week, which happens from time-to-time in the NBA.

Look for Bosh, Bargnani, Ford & Calderone to each have big night's against Orlando this evening. As a group, the Raptors under Mitchell usually respond quite well in such circumstances.

Comment

Working...
        X