Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Virginia vs Louisville

West Virginia -17 vs Louisville -
    I really like West Virginia here. They have major payback in mind here as the loss at Louisville last year knocked the Mountaineers from the ranks of the unbeaten and put a serious damper on their season's aspirations. Louisville's defense has been atrocious this year. They do seem to have stepped it up lately though as they haven't given up more than 24 pts in the last 3 games (UConn, Cincy and Pitt) but their offense seems like it has taken a step back also as they have only averaged about 24 pts per game in those same 3 games. Bottom line is, this Louisville team is no where near the offensive or defensive team they were last year. West Virginia killed themselves in last year's game with turnovers and poor special team's play and ended up losing what was really a close game by 10, even though they racked up almost 550 yds of offense.
    Other positives for West Virginia -
    Every one of their wins this year has been by 17 pts or more.
    Every home win has been by 25 pts or more.
    In their last game they defeated Rutgers on the road 31-3.
    They are coming off of a bye week so are rested and have had almost 2 weeks to prepare, (although Louisville is also coming off of a bye). Louisville appears to be a little banged up.
    Big time revenge and playing at home.

I seem to be torn on this game. Want to pull the trigger on W.V but have a strange feeling. Good luck.

Comment

Heard this afternoon that the decent weather is supposed to change to windy and precip during the game...hard to trust weathermen but, if this is true, you would think it would favor West Virginia with their running game and good defense vs. the Louisville passing attack that bad weather would hurt. It all comes down to when this supposed bad weather comes in...but, makes me like the Mountaineers.

Comment

I see where a little precipitation is expected tomorrow but tonite looks real good. I usually use Weather Underground.
        http://www.wunderground.com/sports/C...?st=1194553800

Comment

FYI...Northcoast 3* on the over 63 1/2 tonight...also has an opinion on BYU...good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the weather update, I just heard that on a sports program on the radio that the weather was going to get worse as the game progresses... you're probally right though. Sometimes I feel like the gambler in "where The Buffalo Roam" you hear all these different reports and you keep changing your mind at different times during the day....saying, "F**K it, I'm going the other way!"

Comment

Working...
            X