Boone - Raiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boone - Raiders

hey Boone - what do you think about your boys this week?? I am talking myself into the Bears....so i figure you are probably on the Raiders this week..

you have an opinion on SD/Colts?? i like the Colts but they have a lot of key guys listed as questionable...harrison, clark, hagler, ugoh, keiaho....giordano and gonzalez out

CF2

Hey Cowboy,

No I don't like the Raiders this week so that means they'll probably cover.............I would jump in heavily on the Bears this week if I weren't the Raider fan that I am, so in a nutshell, I won't be playing this game.

As for the Chargers, I really think they have a chance to win the game outright against the Colts.............Sure, they looked miserable in Minnesota last week, but LT and Antonio Gates were still dressed as the Invisible Men for Halloween -- I guess.............Back at home, on a Sunday night, which will be an 8:15 PM start for the boys invading from the east coast -- will certainly make things tough for a team already coming off an emotional loss at home in a game they could have, and should have won........The list of injuries starting to mount on the Colt roster certainly won't help matters...........Wouldn't doubt seeing this line dip under 3 points before game time, so I'm buying in now..............Also taking a good look at the OVER in the contest, because if the Chargers put out like I think they will, the Colts will answer with an offensive output of their own for as long as they can keep up.............CHARGERS AND THE OVER in a wild Sunday Night Shootout.

Another couple of games I'll be very interested in this weekend are:

STEELERS -9.5 VS. CLEVELAND

BRONCOS + 3.5 VS. KANSAS CITY

THERE ARE OTHER GAMES THAT I LIKE -- BUT I'LL STICK TO THESE FOR NOW..............GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
    ;)

Comment

i went against the raiders today. they are winning 3-0 now and im headed to Chuys to watch the game!!!! I won most of the morning games, so if da Bears lose, im still ok. Makes the game much more enjoyable relaxed!!!!

if the bears win, im going in deep with the chargers.

Enjoy the best day of the week all!!

Jeff

Comment

Phillip Rivers sucks the "high hard one" and that's why the game failed to go over...........Real hanky-panky in the final moments of this one causes one to scratch the head...........23 points in the first half, and can't score a lousy field goal in the second half to force the over on this one?...........And some people really think that this sport is on the up-and-up?.............Last week the Minnesota Vikings look like Super Bowl types while handling the Chargers like a high school team, and then they can't score a point against the Packers...........O.K.
        ;)

Comment

hey Boone....

great card this week....a lot of strong plays shaping up for me...

knock on wood but i think this is the kind of week that can bankroll the rest of the nfl season for me

anything catch your eye??

somewhat in order of preference...

Giants -3 (even)
          Jax -3 (+105)
          TB -3.5 (-110)...may buy hook - shouldnt matter
          Cleve -2.5 (-120)..scares me abit but its a play against balt
          Dallas -10.5 (-105)...i think the score is already 14-0 dallas
          Tenn +2.5 (-110)...will take Tenn coming off loss

what you think??

CF2

Comment

Hey Cowboy-

It's a little early for me because I usually don't get down to business until Thursday night (handicapping-wise).............but on an early look, I'm liking that Jacksonville pick, cause I'm thouroughly convinced that the Chargers are a .500 team at best.............Take them out on the road and they're open game............Like the way Jags took it to the Titans last weekend and Maurice Jones-Drew is showing signs of life to help take some of the pressure off the QB...........Looks like a good choice............The game I might disagree with is the Giants/Lions game............The Giants have no corners -- or no secondary for that matter.........Kitna's due for a big game and although the Lions have recently committed to the run, I think they go to their quick fleet of receivers in this spot to exploit the hapless Giants secondary........Lions look awfully tough to go against at any price at home.

Be back later in the week with some official picks, but not too many -- I seem to do better when I don't post........but for a change, I'm looking pretty good at the pitiful Raiders to cover this week in Minnesota........The buzz around here is that Daunte Culpepper will start in Minnesota, with thoughts of "payback" on his mind against a club he thinks sold him out prematurely........Vikings are another team having trouble defending the pass...........Could see the black-and -silver bums open up the offense this week at a point in the season where they have nothing to lose.............Stay tuned !!!!
            ;)

Comment

i look forward to it Boone...

my thinking on the GMEN is this....they have lost to Dallas (twice) and GB....no shame in that - in all fairness

Detroit is 4-0 at home but look who they have beaten...Minny (early in season), TB handed them a gift, and then Bears and Denver...nobody

i like the D-line of the Gmen (NYG team strength) going against the O-line of Detroit (team weakness) that has given up more sacks (40) than any other team in the NFL....i think they get Kitna running for his life and force some turnovers

also i think this is a more important game for the GMEN....they have nosedived late in the season the last couple of years and everyone knows it...i think some people may be expecting the same thing this year and GMEN will be out to prove them wrong...i dont know - i hate the GMEN but i think this is a good spot for them

CF2

Comment

You make some nice points in building a case for the Giants, especially with the fact that the O-line of the Lions is pretty suspect at this time............I think they've been concentrating on the run so much -- that maybe they forgot how to pass block..........True that Kitna been tossed around like a rag doll the last couple of weeks but I was just thinking that Detroit might have a chance to get the passing game rolling again in this spot..........Being the self-proclaimed "line-reader" that I am, I just found it difficult to swallow the fact that the bookies opened this game with Detroit-1, and it quickly turned around to the G-Men being favored by almost a field-goal in some places.........These guys are rarely that far off, although they've been known to throw us a curve now and then............We'll see...........More to follow, including some thoughts on the New England/Buffalo game.........Would be nice to hear some other insight..........Good Luck.
                ;)

Comment

i'm going to the Pats/Buffalo game...going to be cold and damp....it can get windy this time of year - could affect the passing game...Pats coming off a bye though

i dont think Buffy is going to catch the Pats offguard like they did against Dallas

its Pats or no play for me....(leaning towards no play)

CF2

Comment

Working...
                  X