• Show
Clear All

• College Hoops Week of Dec.11

YTD:
    23-12
    65.71%
    +9.8

Tuesday:

Short card--Looking at SIU -4.5 vs. St.Marys too but haven't pulled the trigger yet. One of those unranked favored over ranked situations that has had a good history here at BW (from very old school!). Think the line may drop a bit more before tip.

One play so far:

Evansville +12 at Valpo...Line a bit too high I thinnk. Valpo lit it up Saturday from the field and think this is inflating the line a bit. Like the dog in a closer one than people expect.

Passed on SIU ATS but looks like I shuld have played it.

Played a small ML parlay with them and the Pistons.

Comment

12/11 - wisc -12.5

Wisconsin -13.5 @ UW-Milwaukee looks like a good early take for tomorrow (12/11). UW-Milwaukee is a very poor team in rebuilding mode and the Badgers are dominating everyone other than the elite teams. This should be an easy 20 point win as they have too many weapons. Badgers will be looking to administer another pounding on a helpless team after a disappointing loss.

Comment

Bucky1 Welcome to the Forum

Do you know anything about UM-W ?

UM-W (Panthers) are host to Wisconsin
        a game played at U S Cellular Arena.
        This is the first time on this court playing
        each other.

UM-W Panthers, home school vs Major

Wisky is 23-1 vs the Panthers.

Here is what made the spread as low as
        it is............

A Kid named Torre Johnson 6-6 forward
        averaging 24 points a game last 2 games
        for the Panthers.

Carpet thinks little school is gonna
        give big school Wisky fits in this game.

Carpet

Comment

Yes, I know quite well the adventures of UW-Milwaukee. Do you know the Badgers? I follow the state teams quite closely as well as Wash. St. (past Dick Bennett fan). I have confidence in this choice so we'll see which prognosticator prevails. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the insight guys and welcome Bucky! I am glad to see some news from teams you follow quite closely.

A quick note on the teams that I follow mostly, Iowa and Iowa State...They both suck!

They are going to be perfect go against most of the year when conference play starts. I watched them play each other on Saturday and it was painful. They both cannot score b/c they have noone that wants to step up and be the go-to guys. If that guy emerges (don't know who?) then they may keep a couple games close, but unitl then, they will be lucky to win 3-4 games in the their respective conferences--Epecially on the road!!

1-0 for me with Evansville keeping it close. Actually were tied at half I believe. Nothing stick out so far on wednesday but I am going to lokk again later.

24-12
            66.67%
            10.8 units

Comment

Thanks for the invites. I actually posted once on here before on the 11/26 thread. So far I'm 1-0. Yes, not too exciting but I will not try to post more often. I'll still go with WI tonight to go 2-0. Trevon Hughes is a guard that will cause matchup problems as well as the height inside that'll give a decided rebound and scoring advantage. It's what they've been showing all along except when they face very good teams with exceptional guard play.

None of this describes WI-Milwaukee.

Wisconsin -13.5

Good luck.

Comment

Hey Woodee, What do you think of the Vandy-Depaul game? Depaul got beat up pretty bad by Kansas. Can they actually keep this game close? This seems like a trap line. Maryland stands out also after losing to BC at home this weekend. Any thoughts?

Comment

One play so far for me:

Colorado -5 over New Orleans...Very tempting to take New Orleans and the points here. Going with the Buffs here b/c of the home court and the vet, Roby who is the main man foir this CU team. NO beat NC State and Tulane on the road this year..Without those they have played a weak schedule. Think Colorado pulls away towards the end and covers the number.

May add that BC play too. With BC's D and UMass' no D, BC should covver. Will look at it a bit more.

Vandy had trap all over it.

Comment

Wrong game...Don't know about Maryland? Have to see how Ohio is.

Comment

Adding:

Maryland/Ohio U OVER 153.5...Game should reach 80 for both teams. Staying away from Maryland as a side play.

Comment

I liked BC as well.

Comment

Liking Vandy a bit more now.

The total on Ohio/.Maryland is down to 151. I still like it, but now at an even better number if you want to jump on board.

Comment

woodee12,

What's pointing you towards the OVER in tonight's Ohio/Maryland game?

I think the victor here might well hit 75 ... but not the vanquished.

Comment

I don;t know what I was thinking on that one--horrible call! didn't even hit 125.

Comment

Working...
                              X