• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• san diego chargers

im taking them -8.5 and over 47. final score 31-17

GL

Jeff

this game scares me...SD has nothing to play for - does it?? they are #4 seed - maybe they can make it to #3 seed and play Tenn/Cleve as opposed to Jax

GL with the play - but this could be like TB laying a turd in SF yesterday....or Seattle in Carolina the week before

yes, they are at home but i cant see any emotional or motivational edge here for SD

CF2

Comment

Cowboy I think you stated all the motivation they need... Would you rather play CLEV/TENN or Jacks.... I think every team is trying to avoid Jacksonville in the playoffs for the first round... JMO I will be playing SD this evening.
      jpehl

Comment

yeah - i understand....and theoretically they would avoid the Pats until the AFC Championship with the #3 seed...

i just wonder how much motivation that is....i'm not shitting on the pick guys...just wondering out loud if SD comes out jacked up for this one....

cf2

Comment

I am starting to really wonder about the whole motivation factor at the end of the season. There were 2 or 3 teams last year, don't remember off the top of my head, Denver being one that just needed a win to make the playoffs and lost at home to Cincy. Look at yesterday, Indy blows out Houston, since when do the Colts play hard in the last few games? Cleveland lays a huge egg. Carolina gets whooped up at home. Seattle had no reason to play hard, although Baltimore is just pitiful. Green Bay decides they don't want homefield and gets their a__es kicked. And last but not least, Minnesota wants to make it interesting for this next week and loses pretty handily. I had them teased to pick. I think I have lost more money overall in football the last 2 weeks of each season thinking teams will come up with a much needed win to make the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if 3 or 4 out of the 5 teams that need a win this weekend to make the playoffs lose outright. Go figure. If anyone has some good insight on these situations that I am missing, I would love to hear it.

Comment

I have San Diego-8 ½. SD is 6-1 ATS at home while Denver is 1-6 ATS on the road. SD wants the 3rd seed while the Broncos are out of the playoffs and have thrown in the towel. Denver’s hideous run defense cannot slow down L.T. and company.

Injury update:
            Merriman (knee) and defensive end Luis Castillo (ankle) were limited in Saturday’s practice and Turner said both will be game-time decisions Monday night.
            “I think it looks good for Shawne,” Turner said. “The other guys, we’ll just see where we’re at.”
            Both players, along with running back Michael Turner (shoulder) are listed as questionable. Quarterback Philip Rivers is probable. Also, the Chargers added Williams (ankle) to the injury report. He’s questionable for Monday’s game.

Comment

With Carlos Polk already out, they can't afford to lose Castillo and Merriman too. That's 3 very key defensive personnel. It looks like they will play though. I'm sure they don't want Jacksonville so I would assume a standard effort from the Chargers. Who knows if Denver shows up though. They are a bit banged up and Christmas tomorrow. My thought is that the Chargers will be better prepared physically and mentally.

Comment

Working...
              X