No announcement yet.

College Hoops--Week Starting Jan.28++$$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juts heard that Northern Arizona blew a 16 point lead last night and lost on a shot at the buzzer. That sucks!

Comment

Yeah, I was a little shocked at that outcome. I had them on a parlay which had already lost so I quit watching that game. I figured that one was in the bag.

Comment

well..i only played 2 games last night and lost on both. I took ND -9 and UW Mil -3. ND won but didn't cover and UW Mil lost outright. Stayed away from the Big 10/ACC games and all 4 favorites got it done. Could have been a good night.. Tonight I made a few plays...didn't heavily cap the games..just going with what I know and only putting a little money on it so i have some action.

Penn -2. Harvard is awful on the road, and Penn is great at home. Sounds like a pretty good recipe for success.

Brown -3. I think they are clearly the better team and they are at home. Only having to cover 3 means basically all they have to do is win.

Fairfield -7. They aren't that great but Canisius is awful. They should win..hopefully they will cover.

and an NBA play. I usually stay away but this one looked too good...Hornets -2.5. Clearly the better team..think they will win by 10 even if they are on the road.

Comment

Penn squeaked out a 4 pt win and got the cover.

Brown got hammered.

Fairfield got annilihated. I've wagered against Canisius twice this year. They won both those games outright. They only have 4 wins on the season! I guess they are a team that I need to stay away from. They hit 13 3's in the first half! That helped them build a 27 point lead from which Fairfield could not recover. They only hit 1 in the 2nd half. But it didn't matter as they won the 2nd half as well and put Fairfield away by 30. I would have given someone 1 million to 1 odds that Fairfield would not lose this game by 30. WOW. Hopefully the NBA play works out.

Comment

WOW!!! I finally got 1 right I am gonna circle February first on my calender.
            Penn wins by 4
            good luck

Comment

It's games like Fairfield/Canisius that years ago made me tread very lightly in college hoops until tourney time.

How do you figure 88-60. Games like that drive you to drink.

You have a much better chance of teams playing to their ability, a true effort, in the conference tournaments and the big dance, than on Feb 2, or really, any other date.....you just never know when teams are going to throw in those clunkers.

Comment

sat 2/2 Ground hog day

south alabama-7 @ Louisiana Monroe
                Bounce back game from their defeat at N.Texas

Wisky-Green Bay-2 @ Detroit
                I could be getting trapped here, but GB already beat them by 26, they should be able to handle a basket

Cal Poly -2 @ UC Riverside
                Cal poly is improving and they were a great ATS team last year, I think they are getting back last years form and playing the bottom feeder of the conference is way to feel real good.

Portland @ Saint Mary's-19
                STM bounce back game from being bumped off in San deigo.STM could win this by 30 if they want to and I hope they are pissed off so they will.
                good luck

Comment

getting stupid will all these, but adding some more:

Miami. FL @ Duke Over 152
                  Miamia should be able to get atleast 65-70 while duke gets atleast 90 points.
                  There last few games have gone over and Duke being at home can get the tempo going.

Tenn @ Miss State+1
                  Public is all over Vols and the line dropped from 2-1. Vols lost last game badly at ARK because they were looking ahead to this game. Miss state has played better against common opp. most of the time and being at home for this one is what they need to drop tenn.
                  Tenn won @ bama by 7, MS won by 10
                  Tenn beat Olmis by 2, MS won by 10
                  Vols L @ Kenty by 6, MS beat them by 5
                  Vols beat Georgia by 16 , MS just 11, but that game was after Tenn took a loss so they had xtra mojo, What is the mojo gonna be for MS after a loss by 20?
                  good luck

Comment

2/2/08 12:00PM Marquette at Cincinnati +2
                    2/2/08 3:00PM Stanford +4½ at Washington State
                    2/2/08 3:30PM Miami Florida at Duke Over 152½
                    2/2/08 3:30PM Kansas -18½ at Colorado
                    2/2/08 4:00PM Delaware +3½ at Hofstra
                    2/2/08 7:00PM Houston +2 at Central Florida
                    2/2/08 7:00PM La Salle +19 at Xavier

Above is what I am play9ing for the day plus these 2 ML Parlays:

Duquense/Wiscy-GB

Texas Tech/South Bama

I like that Duke over and I actually bought it to 152. I circled it right away.

Alos like KU to smoke a bad Colorado team who can't score...See that game being 90-45 or so.

One note I saw is that Iowa State is without leader wesley Johnson for their game at Nebraska. He is there scorer and leader and they may not break 40 point either. May look at the under 121 in that one.

Kinda short on time but thats what I have so far and may not make it back in today. Good Luck!!

Comment

Did add: Iowa State/Nebraska UNDER 121

Comment

2 plays today:

Maryland +4.5 is where I got them..line was all the way down to 3.5 by the time the game started. I have Maryland -4 in this game...so value getting the points.

Va Tech -4.5. I have Va Tech by 8-12..so value here as well.

Staying away from Duke even though I think they cover easy. Also staying away from MSU...my line was 9...it sits at 11...even though I also think they cover easy.

Haven't capped the rest of teh games yet.

Comment

Adding

Purdue +4.5

Ohio State -4.5

Comment

Originally posted by brad4498
                            2 plays today:

Maryland +4.5

Va Tech -4.5.
                            Maryland got it done. They had the lead from wire to wire i believe. In the end it got a little hairy because they couldn't hit their free throws to put it away. 88-86 final..should have took em on the ML.

Va Tech also got it done. With a small lead and only 10 seconds left I needed Virginia to force OT. Luckily enough they did. In OT Va Tech took it to Virginia earing a 7 point victory. If Va Tech could have hit more free throws down the wire in OT they would have won by 10+. Either way its a W and a 2-0 start to the day.

Let's go Purdue and OSU!

Comment

adding a play on MSU -9.5 The line moved from the 11 down to a more attractive number for me. I have the game pegged at 9..but I really think MSU can and will win by 15.

Comment

Should have quit after i started 3-0.

Ohio state didn't look all that bad...they just could not hit from 3. Throw in that johnson for Iowa hit 8 3's..it was a recipe for disaster. Ohio State never had the cover at any point in this game.

MSU also did not look that bad..but one thing that I am noticing is that they look rather suspect on the defensive end. Penn State hasn't really been able to score at all since losing Claxton and they put up 80 points on the Spartans. Throw in the fact that MSU also could not hit from 3 and again it was a recipe for disaster.

3-2 on the day...still on the positive side so I can't complain too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X