No announcement yet.

SMALL WRITE-UPS........BIG WINNERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What started out to be such a promising and profitable weekend turned into just another ho-hummer........4-3 so far with a play coming for tonight that will hopefully salvage the investment...............No excuses for yesterday, just a couple of Monday Morning notes:

1. I wonder what Herman "Soon To Be Walking The Plank" Edwards told his Kansas City Cheaps as they were exiting the locker room at halftime that caused them to go out and turn the ball over 3 times in the first 4 minutes of the 2nd half...........Was it something like, "Get out there boys and give 'em all you got.....even the football"........About the only bright spot in all of this is that my Raiders get the Chiefs this weekend..........Plenty to be thankful for come Thursday !!!

2. Does anybody not agree that the Giants are looking pretty good to repeat as Super Bowl Champions again this year.........I remember at the beginning of the year -- Jeff pointing out that the Giants and Packers were offering pretty high value in the S.B future bet area.......I believe they were each hangin' at about 12-1 or so, despite the fact that they were in the NFC conference game together.........Phenomenal...........All the Giants went out and did yesterday was destroy the Arizona Cardinals on their home turf where they had played their best all year......and they did it without two of their biggest offensive weapons in Brandon Jacobs and Plaxico Burress..........Simply manhandled and mauled the redmen in a clinic of smashmouth football........Confusing Kurt Warner and steamrolling the AZ defense all afternoon........If somebody from the NFC is going to derail these dudes on their way back to the Super Bowl, I'd sure love to know who that is.........Very impressive outing for the G-Men.

3. How much longer will Norv "Don't Worry --I'll Find A Way To Lose" Turder keep drawing a paycheck to "coach" NFL football............You talk about charity.........This guy has employed the same type of "play not to lose intead of to win" strategy thoughout his NFL coaching career, but yet still finds a way to get NFL teams to hire him !!!.........Is it any wonder that the Chargers have found ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in at least 4 games again this season?.........He did the same thing in Washington, and again in a small stint with the Oakland Raiders..........Horrible, horrible coach..........He's right up there with Andy Reid in the "I'll Get My Team To Underachieve" category.........happens year in and year out.

With the weekly record at 4-3, we'll try one official play, with a hint of a parlay lean:
    ;)

Comment

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL:

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS -1 VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS.........Have to side with Brees and company at home due to the inconsistent play of Aaron Rodgers and the Packers........One week they look like gangbusters and the next week Rodgers and Grant fall to pressure.......The Saints have played pretty tough at home this year and we think that will be enough to win a close game.........Saints 27-23............We'll throw in a small parlay with the UNDER. ...........Good Luck tonight !!!
      ;)

Comment

Boone -

Try 25-1......here's my post from August -

08-19-2008, 10:19 AM
        Jeff
        Veteran

Teams worth taking a shot with at decent odds to win the Super Bowl.

Giants 25-1 - talk about no respect. When is the last time the champs had odds this high?

Packers 30-1 - Yep...the two teams that played in the NFC Championship game are at 25-1 and 30-1. No favre, but still, cmon.

Jags 14-1 Classic team on the rise scenario. Can only see them improving off of last years success.

Seahawks - 30-1 Holmgren, Hasslebeck

Cardinals - 50-1 another classic team on the rise scenario. They figure to be a playoff team. When you take 50-1 odds and you get your team to the playoffs, it opend up some nice potential hedging opportunities.

Jets 70-1 Favre......can you imagine. Hey this was a playoff team two years ago.

Titans 45-1 hmmmm

Backing one of the favorites to win the super bowl makes no sense. Ie the Cowboys, Chargers or Pats. No value.

Perhaps the bet value on the entire board is with the Giants. They drafted well. They have Manning playing with all kinds of confidence and the team may be better this year than they were a year ago.

25-1 on the champs.......I'll bite.

Comment

Hope you took a good chunk out of that bite Jeff........You can get fat in a hurry with those odds............Hell, I'm not much of a futures player but I wish now that I had a little bit on each of the teams you mentioned............They are all at a fraction of the original post now.
          ;)

Comment

Got an easy one for a change last night..........That spread was off from the get go, and it turned out to be an easy read........Wish they were all so simple.......We'll take the 5-3 for the weekend and be happy.............Couple of good games (gambling-wise) on Thanksgiveing Day.......We'll talk to you tomorrow night.........Good Luck.

WEEKEND RECORD 5-3

OVERALL RECORD 14-16

THE BEST IS YET TO COME !!!
            ;)

Comment

What are you thinking forturkey day?

I say you have to jump on the Eagles without question at -3. AZ traveling out that way off of a huge, physical game against NY. Warner is one hit away from being knocked out. Donovan seeking some redemption after his benching.

The other games--I wish they would cancel detroits turkey day ticket until they can either bring back barry sanders, or field a decent team.

I want to take a shot with Seattle again too, but its gard to bet against Dallas on turkey day.

But I think the dogs will win ATS at least 2 of 3 on Thursday.
              Thoughts?

Comment

wood please dont bet against the boys on turkey day. just my opinion

Comment

Looking at the Eagles pretty good myself Woodee............Love the Under on the Tennessee/Detroit game...........That's two that I'm zeroing in on.........Will officially post tonight or tomorrow.........Taking a serious look at Western Michigan and those 10.5 tonight too..........Good Luck.
                  ;)

Comment

I am grabbing West Mich for a small play. Think Ball State wins but not my 10, maybe 3-6 pts. Juts too many for a covering machine like Ball State this time around.

Comment

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!

Here's wishing you and your family a nice and Happy Thanksgiving, and maybe we'll have plenty more to be thankful for after these come in.........This will get the weekend started for us, and I'll be back on Friday night for the Saturday and Sunday best.......Good Luck to you !!!

THURSDAY NFL:

TENNESSEE TITANS -11 VS. DETROIT LIONS........You're getting one of the best teams in the NFL going up against the absolute worst........Sure it looks like a trap, but in my 40-year study, these Thanksgiving Day games usually play pretty true to form.......I guess maybe the NFL knows that everybody including Grandma is tuned in today, so why ruffle any (turkey) feathers ?.........If the game were being played in Nashville - this would probably be a 17-point spread, but I don't think that even home-cooking can save the Lions here, especially after blowing that 17-point lead against the Bucs last week at home..............Will also make the UNDER 43.5 an official play here as well, since we're looking at the final to be somewhere in the area of 27-7 or 27-10...........Let's get it.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS VS. DALLAS COWBOYS UNDER 46.5 ...........Strictly an angle play here........Most of the money being wagered on the TOTAL here is going on the OVER, yet the line is going down..........Have had success with this type of play more often than not, and besides -- it's seems that anytime two high-scoring offenses get together, they fizzle............Seattle has not been as potent an offense as they've been in the past, but their games are still generally high-scoring affairs..........We're bucking the trend here and going with the UNDER 46.5.

ARIZONA CARDINALS AT PHILADELPHIA EAGLES.........Arizona cannot be trusted on the road and the Eagles cannot be trusted at all............On paper, these two teams are going in opposite directions........but the Eagles play their best football just when you're ready to count them out, and the Cardinals will have to bounce back from a brutal beating at the hands of the New York Giants.........We can't count on either one of these teams at the moment, and I've gotten hurt in the past by forcing plays on games like these, so I think I'll head over to the dessert table and make this game a NO PLAY.

FRIDAY COLLEGE FOOTBALL:

ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS +4.5 VS. LSU TIGERS..........Not a strong play here, but as long as LSU continues not to cover a spread -- we'll keep betting against them........Their starting QB is not 100% and may not play at all and since the Razorbacks are playing at home in front of a National TV audience, we'll take the points and run with 'em.........Should be a good, close game.

ARIZONA STATE SUN DEVILS -10 VS. UCLA BRUINS.........This will be my strongest play of the weekend..........ASU QB Rudy Carpenter and WR Michael Jones will be playing their final game at Sun Devil Stadium as they take on one of the weaker editions of the UCLA football team in recent memory...........All is not well over here with the West Coast Bruins, as reports of internal conflict and parental bickering aimed at Coach Neuheisel has surfaced in the news recently regarding QB Craft........The coaching staff has tried to downplay the situation but the damage has been done..........The Bruins would need a win here and a very improbable win next week against crosstown rival USC (a game in which they'll be about a 28-point dog) just to reach the bowl-qualifying minimum of 6 wins..........Very unlikely indeed.............On the other hand, a victory here by ASU and a win over Arizona next week will insure them of a bowl berth in the post season.............Look for the Sun Devils to come out sky-high for this one, and beat up an already struggling Bruin football team pretty handily...........ASU in a romp.

LAST WEEKEND 5-3

OVERALL 14-16

Best of Luck to you, and we'll talk to you on Friday.

;)

Comment

LKike that ASU play but see its Ooff the board at the moment? any reason why?

Alos like all your NFl plays too, epecially that Dallas UNDER. Dallas and the oVER on turkey day are always popular and I like to go the other way most of the time too.

I am still on Philly in a route. Philly by 7 or more!

Comment

I wasn't going to get involved with the following game (aside form liking the UNDER), but I'm gonna take a shot.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS +11.5 AT DALLAS COWBOYS.......This line is coming back down to where it should have been originally, and I think the reason it opened so high in the first place is simply because of the Dallas-Cowboys-On-Thanksgiving-Day hoopla........I actually got it at Seattle +14 earlier in the week on a "Ties Win" Parlay card.........Sure, Dallas could just blow them out and make it a crappy game to watch, but I'm betting against that theory...........Seattle had a chance to beat the Redskins last week but fell short with an untimely interception (not that there's ever a timely one ) thrown by Hasselback very late in the game to seal their fate.........Dallas on the other hand covered against the 49er's (as we suggested they would), but aside from T.O's performance, looked a little sloppy in doing so.

These two teams match-up a lot better than the point-spread indicates, and the Seahawks have won 4 of the last 5 meetings between the two, including that playoff victory a couple of years back on Tony Romo's fumbled snap on the PAT............With the return of Julius Jones into the backfield after being benched on Sunday, and his return to play against the team that traded him, we're looking for him to keep some pressure off of Hasselback with a Holmgren-style of ball control offense in an effort to keep Romo and Company off the field........If the Cowboys come in overconfident and don't take care of business early, then we might see this game decided by a field goal or less...........We'll take a stab with the SEAHAWKS +11.5.

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.

;)

Comment

how bout dem cowboys...woot!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony romo, terrell owens, jason witten, roy E. williams, martellus bennett against the nfl's 31st passing D

come on boone!! give the 'boys their props!!

CF2

Comment

OK, OK..........So they had their annual Thanksgiving Day in the sun...........but I think even I could have gotten a street team together to throw for 300 yards against Seattle's defense.

What about next week in Pittsburgh ?........Any predictions there ?............Or the following week against the Giants ?............and then they have Baltimore and Philly after that ?............Don't you think it's a little early to start the celebration.........I mean, sure they looked like world beaters against the 49er's and Seahawks the last two weeks, and I guess you've gotta start somewhere in getting Romo back in the rythym, but stomping all over this year's NFC doormats hardly raises my pulse.

Good Luck to your 'Boys the rest of the way, and if it seems like I'm hating, the only one I'm hating on right now is me, for forcing a side bet on the game yesterday in hopes of seeing a good contest for a change.........I was in love with the Under on that game from the beginning, and squandered a lot of my profit by going against the 'Boys, not believing that they would cover two weeks straight..........My bad.

Good luck this weekend.
                              ;)

Comment

ha ha ha Boone!! just playin' mang!!

truthfully?? i fully expect them to beat Pittsburgh...i really do....i have little respect for Pittsburgh or Big Ben....why nobody makes the comparison between Big Ben and Bledsoe i will never know....exactly the same player except that Ben is getting sacked now like Bledsoe was after 12 years in the league

Cowboys will beat Pittsburgh....remember these words....

fully expect to beat Baltimore and Philly...Giants game will be tense

3 out of 4 in December to close season out at 11-5

CF2 - peace out mang!!

Comment

Working...
                                X