Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dallas vs ny

dallas -3
    They cant be serious.... I want to point out that i believe this is a huge mistake.
    I also have come to the conclusion after watching the panthers and the ravens that the cowboys do not belong in the playoffs. I was scared watching the ravens d. That was sick.
    jpehl

I agree...that line is stupid. Giants are like 12-1 SU in their last 13 road games, 10-3 ATS this year and 24-7 ATS in their last 31 games overall. How could they possibly be underdogs. Yet they have been twice this year, at Pittsburgh and at Philadelphia...both games they won outright.

Comment

Its worth noting that anything can happen in the NFC east. Jerry did call out Barber today. Im thinking this is more of a motivational play than anything.Just dont like there chances here and like i said before the ravens have some scary d. I can see them winning it all.And I stand by my comment that Pittsburgh still is not that good. There defense was very weak on the running game. Healthy, Barber would have been good for at least 150 yards and a td. Its evident the Cowboys chances are slim to make the playoffs. I will say this that i have thought the Giants have been slipping for the last two weeks. Watch out for the Eagles. I do think that tie will come back to bite them in the ass.Carolina looked impressive today but im still not impressed with TB. you can argue they have a great D but any team who is beat by Brad Johnson does not deserve that title. Lots of good games this week look forward to watching football this weekend.
      jpehl

Comment

even better grab the ml NYG +137

Comment

oh yeah and grab some BALT -1
          Just early thoughts jump in and give me your opinion. i dont want to hear any shit about the cowboys, ive already waved the white flag.
          jpehl

Comment

I do think it's very possible the Eagles win out and make the playoffs. A couple weeks ago that looked impossible.

Comment

BTW, did you see TO mouthing off near the end of the Pittsburgh game? Classic TO.......I was cracking up.

I think he might have been singing......

I'll be home for Christmas
              You can count on me
              Please have snow and mistletoe
              And presents under the tree
              Christmas Eve will find me
              Where the love light beams
              I'll be home for Christmas
              If only in my dreams

Comment

Oops......sorry

Comment

I have the NYG -4 in this game...7 point difference then the bookies. Cowboys are ready to implode with Jerry, TO leading this sleigh down a slippery slope.

I agree the Raven are my highest rated team right now.

I also think the Saints win on the road as an underdog this week.

I see the Cardinals / Vikings in overtime or last minute FG...so take the points and Minnesota.

Patriots blow out the Raiders.

BANK!!

Comment

The Pats barely got by Seattle last week, who had 10 days to prepare. Oakland also has 10 days. I wouldn't even trust them to cover. Are they staying out west 2 weeks straight again? Remember last time they did that they lost by 20 in the 2nd game.

Comment

Dragon you've been warned
                      Just want to add this. I like TO always have since he came to Dallas. He's a competitor, and loves to win. Granted he wears his emotions on his sleeves, but they have a lame duck coach who doesnt raise his voice or put a boot in anybodies ass. Look at it from that perspective and you will realize he has taken over what no one on the cowboys squad will do. Say what you want I still like the guy.
                      Just read a writeup from someone i really respect and he is all over dallas this weekend for his biggest play of the year. Really might need to rethink my theory.
                      Dragon hows norv treating you?
                      jpehl

Comment

I'll trade you norv for wade straight-up
                        The Cowboys are 5-1 at home this year, so no doubt in my mind they can do it. Game's in prime time after a bad loss, and this is basically the season right here. Last time their backs were against the wall they came up huge at home against Tampa Bay. This defense can play when they want to. And the oddsmakers aren't stupid. However, the Giants have a great road streak going and are 2-0 both SU and ATS as road dogs this year. After losing 2 games in a row to start the 2007 season, they've gone 30 games without losing 2 in a row. I just can't see them all of a sudden losing 2 in a row.

Comment

speaking of norv, check this out... Friend just sent it to me...
                          norv turner
                          I really thought dallas was going to try to get norv and i was going to disown them instead we got the next best thing.

Comment

I'm not saying (yet) that Dallas will win this game, but I think the line makes sense.........The Giants are coming off a loss at home, in a game where Eli Manning looked totally average -- due in part to the lack of a good running attack...........The Giants are not the same team without a healthy Brandon Jacobs, just as the Cowboys are not the same team with Marion Barber banged up, and just as the Redskins have floundered without Clinton Portis being 100%.

J-Pal made mention of the Ravens and the Panthers, and rightly so.......these two teams have the best rushing tandems and running attacks going at the moment..........It makes all the difference in the world.

I guess what bothers me about the Cowboys at the moment is the way they allowed Pittsburgh to win a game that looked like they had in hand..........and the way it happened, with Romo throwing the ball away at a crucial time in the game again is cause for some concern............Those are mistakes you shouldn't be making at this time of the year..........early in he season would be understandable, but not now..........Looking at his report card over the last few years, you certainly can't consider him a "clutch" player.

This will be a good match-up and a great game to watch, and I'm not sure if I'll force a pick in this one as yet, but I'll be at the window with plenty of twenties on the OVER.............I hate cliches, but it'll be a "real shootout" !!!

Good Luck guys.........We'll talk more during the week.
                            ;)

Comment

I'm a big Giants fan and I think it is a fair line. Cowboys have much more motivation to win than the Giants. Giants have clinched the division and teams rarely play hard for the home field advantage. They should but they seldom do.

The Giants aren't going to win because "they don't lose two in a row" or because of their road record. I just can't pick a winner based on those kind of "technical" trends.

It will be a good game because they are division rivals and because both are motivated by their losses last week.

Cowboys have their backs to the wall and are at home against a team that does not need to win.

But the Giants play businessman-like and Coughlin always has them ready to go and well prepared in the x's and o's vs. the other teams' weaknesses. He usually has a good game plan.

No play for me. If the Cowboys had better team chemistry, they would be the pick but you don't know whether they will come together or implode.

I was impressed with their performance in Pittsburgh. I thought Pitt would hammer them.

Comment

Working...
                              X