No announcement yet.

NFL Week 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn choice is good.... everyone here needs to boycott ESpn and their soap boxes..... Go Cowboys

Comment

The Pittsburgh touchdown was a good call all day long.............In the old days of football, there would be no question about it, but like John Madden was just saying last week, there are just to many interruptions with stoppages due to replays, challenges, reviews and shit.........The receiver clearly caught the ball with two feet planted in the end zone......Who gives a fuck where the ball is at, or if he ever "broke the plane with the ball"?..............How many times do we see a receiver catch a ball on the sideline with his two toes inbounds and the ball hanging 2 feet over the sideline?.........and they call it a good catch every time............The controversy is pure media hype and bullshit again...........You didn't hear any of the opposing players and coaches bitching about it............Besides, Pittsburgh just simply out played them anyway.
      ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Boone Moone
        The Pittsburgh touchdown was a good call all day long.............In the old days of football, there would be no question about it, but like John Madden was just saying last week, there are just to many interruptions with stoppages due to replays, challenges, reviews and shit.........The receiver clearly caught the ball with two feet planted in the end zone......Who gives a fuck where the ball is at, or if he ever "broke the plane with the ball"?..............How many times do we see a receiver catch a ball on the sideline with his two toes inbounds and the ball hanging 2 feet over the sideline?.........and they call it a good catch every time............The controversy is pure media hype and bullshit again...........You didn't hear any of the opposing players and coaches bitching about it............Besides, Pittsburgh just simply out played them anyway.
        well Boone - i think the point is that the ball has to break the plane of the goalline.....not like if receiver pulls ball in from the side of endzone

and the p!ss off is that on replay - i still dont think the ball broke the plane and it was ruled on the field as no touchdown....

so the question is WHAT THE HELL DID THE REF SEE ON REPLAY THAT JUSTIFIED HIM OVERTURNING THE CALL ON THE FIELD

this league is fixed.....and funny how Pats and Steelers always seem to be on 'lucky' side of these calls

anyways - whatever

cowboys win!!!

Comment

Well Cowboy, they could just be giving the Steelers back that touchdown that they robbed them of at the end of the San Diego game............That one made them "not cover", this one made sure they did cover.........Funny how shit goes, isn't it?

Way to go last night with your 'Boys...............Savor the win though, because next week it will be just like playing Pittsburgh again when you gotta take on a pissed off Raven squad that will be fighting for their playoff lives......Romo might want to go out and trade in his shoulder pads for some body armor for this one............It'll be rough.............Good Luck Cowboy.
          ;)

Comment

Boone,
            I agree with everything you said until you quoted Madden. Please dont do this again.

Comment

well Boone - in my mind we already beat Pittsburgh on the road and now we have to beat Baltimore at home....no problem

O-line needs to play a little better and they need to start Choice if Barber can't go....clearly he's not back from that toe

Cowboys are not going to lose the last game at Texas stadium....book it!!

CF2

Comment

I don't believe any game is fixed in the NFL but rather it's extremely poor officiating. It's been that way all year...ridiculous head-scrathing calls. Actually I guess it would make more sense if it were fixed, then you could at least understand the strange calls. I had a "o for" day yesterday so you can be sure none of those calls went my way!

Comment

Sorry J-Pal, I'll try not to quote Madden anymore but man, it's true !!!

I mean, I was all for "intant replay" when it came out because it would not allow the refs to TOTALLY control the game .........but enough is enough......Some of these calls are so obvious and these coaches are still challenging the shit !!.............i think they're only doing this to take away the rythym and momentum from the driving team, and to give themselves a breather and a chance to readjust or something..............Either way, it just totally fucks of the fluidity of the game...........I'm tired of it.
                  ;)

Comment

Someone in another forum cut and pasted the rule. All the guy has to do is have control and 2-feet in the end zone. The ball does not have to break the plane.

Comment

Bottom line, if the Ravens play the same defense they'd been playing all game they would have probably won. They went 'prevent' and it prevented them from winning.

Comment

Sorry J-Pal, I'll try not to quote Madden anymore but man, it's true !!!

I mean, I was all for "intant replay" when it came out because it would not allow the refs to TOTALLY control the game .........but enough is enough......Some of these calls are so obvious and these coaches are still challenging the shit !!.............i think they're only doing this to take away the rythym and momentum from the driving team, and to give themselves a breather and a chance to readjust or something..............Either way, it just totally fucks of the fluidity of the game...........I'm tired of it.
                        Boone - you still haven't gotten over the tuck rule?? LOL

Comment

Onto a kind of crappy MNF game...

I think the only look is towards the Browns and the +15.5 points you are getting. Sure Philly beat down NY last time out and Cleveland had dorsey at QB, but thats a shit-ton of points in my opinion to leave on the table against a Philly team that hasn;t set the world on fire.

Cleveland +16 on the 1/2 poitn buy is my small play for the night.

I have a trip to my fantasy super bowl on the table as long as Westbrook does not run wild too so thats enough for me to sit back and watch this one too.

Comment

You're exactly right Dragon...............and this shit happens time and time again...........I hate that strategy............They even do it at the College level...........been "backdoored" alot this year because of it........you know they have to throw, blitz the fuck out of 'em........it's that simple......Instead, it's 3 men rushing, and 8 men covering grass.
                            ;)

Comment

Pittsburgh out-played them? Hmmm...........well for 1 quarter I guess, but unfortunately that's the quarter that counted.

Comment

You're exactly right Dragon...............and this shit happens time and time again...........I hate that strategy............They even do it at the College level...........been "backdoored" alot this year because of it........you know they have to throw, blitz the fuck out of 'em........it's that simple......Instead, it's 3 men rushing, and 8 men covering grass.
                                I'm still shaking my head over that strategy. Most QB's will eat you alive with no pass rush....even Brad Johnson.

Comment

Working...
                                X