X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMALL WRITE-UPS.......HOLIDAY WINNERS

WEEKEND RECORD 3-1
    OVERALL RECORD 24-23

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE.......MAY ALL OF YOUR WISHES COME TRUE......WE'LL WISH FOR THESE:

NFL SUNDAY 12/28/08

MINNESOTA VIKINGS -6.5 VS. NEW YORK GIANTS........This is the best bet of the weekend......The Giants already won the game that counted (and gave them the "homefield advantage" throughout the playoffs), and while Coach Tom Coughlin was quoted earlier in the week saying that the Giants "would play to win" this one, it's only because it would be unethical for him to say that they weren't trying to win........What he didn't say was that he would try to win for one quarter, and then rest his starters..........The G-Men have absolutely nothing to gain here, and plenty to lose (injuries).........The Vikings on the other hand will have to go balls out until the end because they will decide their own fate.........In a lousy game to watch, the Vikings will win this one by double digits.

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS -8 VS. DENVER BRONCOS.........The Denver Broncos are still trying to get the license plates to the bus that ran over them.......To say that they are in a fog at the moment would be cuttin' it short.......They had this thing all but wrapped up about 3 weeks ago, and pulled a Plaxico Burress by shooting themselves in the foot........To say that Jay Cutler has been a little shaky lately would be putting it pretty nicely also........He's getting picked more often than a dry scab and the running game is non-existent with running backs going down on a weekly basis..........San Diego has not covered as a home-favorite in quite awhile, but we're thinking that Norv Turner could suit up today and get the job done on sheer momentum.........Look for the Chargers to exploit the feeble condition of the Broncos morale (or lack of it), and make this one look easy in front of a crazed-out San Diego fan frenzy at Qualcomm Stadium............Chargers big here.

TAMPA BAY BUCS -13 VS. OAKLAND RAIDERS.........I usually don't bet on games involving the Raiders, but after 3 straight humiliating losses, Jon Gruden has to take his frustration out on someone.........Who better than his former ballclub ?............If anybody remembers that ugly Super Bowl inlvolving these two teams about 5 years ago, then you know that he knows how to do it..........Enough said.

SAN FRANCISCO 49ER'S -3 VS. WASHINGTON REDSKINS.........Coach Singletary has the 49er's playing as good as they have all season........What better way to make a pitch to stay on as head coach than to win the last game of the year at home?.........The 'Skins caught a sleepy and tentative Eagle team last week and took advantage of Coach Andy Reid's ineptness.........but the 49er's will give them fits today with improving Shaun Hill at QB..........Take the homeboys in this one.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY 12/27/08

[B]FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES -5.5 VS. WISCONSIN BADGERS........Wisconsin is in the Top 5 of the most disappointing teams of 2008.......After starting out like gangbusters, they blew a couple of early leads in games -- and never quite recovered........Florida State hasn't exactly been a world-beater of sorts, but they've played the tougher teams better........79-year-old Coach Bobby Bowden has more than a little experience on the Bowl scene, and that might be enough to push them over the top........Seminoles spank the Badgers here.

CALIFORNIA GOLDEN BEARS -8 VS. MIAMI HURRICANES........Plain and simple, the Bears are just too fast, strong and talented for the 'Canes in this one........The defense is very underrated, and there is abundant speed on offense as well.........Miami has goofed around all year in the ACC and won't know what hit 'em here...........I like this game alot...........Go Bears !!

These are the best ones I see for now.........I might add a couple more nearing Sunday, and some Bowl Games early next week.............Good Luck to you.
    ;)

I agree on all of those.

I am throwing the Lions +10 in for good measure. I think they may win and end all that discussion of being the worst team ever.

10 points is enough for me. They will win or get beat 40-something to 3.

I like FSU too. if they get up on the Badgers, Wiscy cannot come back. Wiscy has to control the clock to stay in this one and if they get down early, like they probably will, FSU will roll.

Comment

good call boone on FSU

Comment

Thanks for the compliment Carpet.........It's nice when they come out the way we planned 'em..........Let me know the view from the floor on the upcoming Illinois/Purdue NCAAB game coming up on Tuesday if you see anything.............We always appreciate it..........Good Luck to you.
        ;)

Comment

I won't get deep into the Cal/Miami bullshit from last night because anybody watching the game knows that Cal was at least 20 points better than the 'Canes, but when you're not supposed to cover the spread - well, you just don't.......There was never a doubt as to who would win, but about midway through the 2nd quarter I stopped watching because there was no doubt in my mind that Cal would never cover the spread.........it just wasn't going to happen.....Too much money on 'em...........Onto some late Sunday adds........Good luck:

GREEN BAY/DETROIT UNDER 41.5 ........Bad weather + bad teams = no scoring.........The Lions are pathetic, and Green Bay is banged up.......Should be around 13-0 at halftime, and not much after that......Go UNDER 41.5.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES -1.5 VS. DALLAS COWBOYS......Homefield means a lot in a game of this caliber and that's why the spread is what it is........It won't take much to ruffle Romo's feathers today because he's already hurting.........When that big green defensive line surrounds his ass today, things will go south from there........Wesbrook will allow McNabb to do his thing, and that should be enough to pull it out........Eagles fly high in this one.

ATLANTA FALCONS/ST.LOUIS RAMS UNDER 44..... The Rams won't score much today because they haven't scored lately on anyone........Aside from Steven Jackson, the offense in just non-existent.........The Falcons will put this one away early, and we'll give the Rams the proverbial "garbage touchdown"..........Let's say the Falcons win this one in the vicinity of 31-7.

Good Luck to all and let's make this a Happy New Year !!!
          ;)

Comment

Man just got back last night and haven't gotten a chance to even see whats going on in football. The line looks pretty sharp on the cowboys game. The eagles usually play the boys pretty hard in December. Dont really have an opinion might tail a few of you guys late games. I dont expect the Cowboys to win here jmo. Got this from another site. Good stats
            dal 0-4 ats in final div road game s 04
            dal 1-7 ats in last 8 reg sea finales
            dal 3-11 ats as dogs in reg sea finale s 77
            dal 3-14 ats on the road in reg sea finale s 77
            jpehl

Comment

Anybody want to make a bet that Phillips gets fired in the next week?
              Screw that the next 24 hours... This game is ridicules. I would rather watch Joe Dirt.

Comment

I think Cowhers phone is ringing. This is classic.

Comment

well they cannot move forward with Phillips as coach - clearly this team will not respond to him

i dont think that it is all his fault - remember these are the same players that ran Parcells into retirement....Sparano didnt go to Miami and all of a sudden become a genius

this whole season was cursed and the final game was a colossal implosion

Comment

I'm not about to start Cowboy bashin' after the miserable weekend I endured........Man, that Tavaris Jackson interception in the end zone during the 4th quarter really f d the corn out of my shit........but I will add a few things to what J-Pal and CF2 are saying.

Jimmy Johnson said something after the game that I've been saying all year about the Cowboys.......That they "possess all of these toys and all of these great players, but they are not a TEAM"........I mentioned the same thing when I was referring to "Pacman" Jones and T. Owens..............As the Giants (with Plaxico Burress) and the Browns (with Kellen Winslow) found out, these types can really distract a team whether you allow it to or not............And Wade Phillips just didn't have the personality or the prowess to nip it in the bud.

The 'Boys got their swagger back for a bit at the hand of Washington, San Francisco and Seattle -- and they even beat a Brandon Jacob-less Giants team three weeks ago............but when they had to face the better, more balanced teams (that by no surprise, all happen to be playoff-bound), they couldn't quite pull it off............Although I think the real turning point for Dallas was when they couldn't put away the Steeleers in a game that they were dominatng until the 4th quarter miscues.........if they hold on to win that game, the whole picture would be different.

The Cowboys are not nearly as bad a team as they appeared to be yesterday, and they faced two very tough teams during the final two weeks of the season, so I don't think they should be hanging their heads in disapointment forever, because at least they didn't fall apart like the Jets and Tampa Bay did after such promising starts............Now those guys just totally collapsed, whereas the Cowboys had to overcome quite a bit this year just to contend again (Romo's injury and absence, etc.).

I'd be surprised if Jerry Jones doesn't make some kind of a move with all of the coaches that are available......Bill Cowher, Brian Billick. or even Mike Holmgren......the next few weeks should be very interesting.........Good Luck.
                    ;)

Comment

WEEKEND RECORD 3-5-1
                      OVERALL RECORD 27-28-1

My brother has been telling me all season that I'm nothing but a .500 handicapper -- and not only have I proved him right, but I'm barely living up to that label.........It could be alot worse, especially since I always seem to post the losers -- while cashing in on the ones that I'm not so sure of..........It happens to all of us -- and that's what keeps us alive.........With that in mind, and the new year upon us, we'll try to start 2009 off in a winning manner by cashing in on these goodies.........Happy New Year to all of the Bettorsworld members, and anyone else that might be looking in..........Let's get in on !!

USC -9 VS. PENN STATE.........Just about everyone that knows I live on the West Coast will think that this is a biased pick, but it may have something to do with the Trojans owning this game over the years, especially when playing against a Big Ten opponent.........We've taken a lot of Pac-10 bashing this year-- but it's no small coincidence that the Pac-10 happens to be 4-0 in Bowl Games thus far........Give Penn State kudos for what they have accomplished this year with their fine program......but the USC preparation has included them flying in a helicopter to dry off their practice field in an effort to bring it to the level of the Rose Bowl protected playing field and practicing under game conditons, and the Trojans have dominated in December like they are ready to strut their stuff in the game that will spotlight the talent that gave them the expectations they had at the start of the season..........Expect a hard hitting game that will result in another lopsided Rose Bowl.........USC will be in the Top 3 of all Post Season polls...........To the bank.

CINCINNATI -2 VS. VIRGINIA TECH.......The ACC hasn't fared too well in the Bowl Season to this point (anybody see that Georgia Tech game last night?)........So we'll go with a hot Big East team that has overachieved so far this year, and really believes in itself.....The Bearcats can cover the small number if it continues to play the way they have all season long.

MISSISSIPPI +4.5 VS. TEXAS TECH.......Not only have the Rebels defeated the best team in the nation at the moment (Florida), but they gave one of the better teams in NCAA football (Alabama) fits -- before finally losing by 4 points..........This is enough to scratch the head and wonder why they are dogs in this game, especially when you've seen how the Big 12 has fared in Bowl Games thus far..........Missouri was stopped when it finally faced a formidable foe, and Oklahoma State got outplayed by a Pac-10 team after having a 17-7 lead at the half..........Give me all the points you want in this one, but I won't need any of 'em, as I'll take Mississippi with the points, and on the moneyline as well, because I'll be one surprised "mo-fo" if these dudes don't win the game outright.........Ole Miss makes a statement here, and makes me a little richer as well.

ALABAMA -9.5 VS. UTAH.........To the layman on the street, it seems unreasonable that an undefeated team could be an 11 point underdog on the opening line.......and for that reason, the line has shrunk to what it is now.......but putting it all in prospective, these two teams are like men and boys.........Alabama came within a couple of downs of being undefeated in what has proved to be the toughest conference in Division 1 Football.........to think that this game will be within 28 points or so, would be a reach for anyone that evaluates talent..........The Crimson Tide will be out to show that they belong, and it will show today -- in a big and humiliating way for the Utes.........Ride the Big Red Wave to the cashier's window.......I'll see you in line.

This takes care of the 1st day of the New Year, and I hope that this is a good one for all of us.......And I will be back, win or lose, with two "automatics" for the NFL this weekend on a later post, but this one has run long enough..........Stay safe, enjoy the New Year celebration, and I wish all you a very Happy New Year..........Take Care, Boone.

;)

Comment

Working...
                      X