NBA playoffs, Wednesday Apr 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA playoffs, Wednesday Apr 22

I like Atlanta -5 over Miami again tonight. Atlanta was extremely tough at home this year with their 32-10 record (including the last game), with several of the losses coming with the team at less than full strength (missing Horford or Williams).They were 14-6 at home vs playoff teams with 2 of those losses coming after they had clinched a playoff spot. Bottom line, with motivation and at full strength they are one of the tougher home teams. We saw how tough last year vs Boston in the first round of the playoffs. Miami was a poor 15-26 away from home this year, and just 4-18 on the road vs playoff teams. The Hawks are 7-2 vs Miami over the last 2 years, including 5-0 at home.
    I also like Denver -6 over New Orleans again. Denver is 34-8 at home this year (including the last game). Denver was just 14-8 at home vs playoff teams, but 5 of those losses were to #1 seeds, and 1 was to a #2 seed. New Orleans was just 7-15 on the road vs playoff teams (if I counted right...I got distracted twice by my wife reading me the newspaper. If I wanted to read it I would do so myself )
    Both Miami and New Orleans were crushed in the first game.

As for Philly at Orlando, I am not playing but would not be surprised to see Philly play well enough to stay within 10.5 pts. You have to wonder if the health of some of the Magic's key players makes it tough to go all out for a full game.
Working...
X