Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Playoffs Mon 4/27 - Fri 5/1

Monday 4/27

I like Miami -5 tonite over the Hawks. The Hawks won their first 3 road games vs playoff teams this year, then proceeded to go just 3-14 the rest of the way. Of those 14 road losses to eventual playoff teams, 8 of them were by double-digits and 11 of them were by 6 pts or more. The Hawks are also 0-12 SU in their last 12 road playoff games. More recently, they are 0-5 over the last 2 years in road playoff games losing by 23, 19, 25, 34 and 29. Miami has dominated the last 2 games, winning by 15 and 29.
    I also like New Orleans -2 over Denver. Denver has been a team that has struggled over the years in road playoff games. Going back to 2003-2004, they are just 2-13 in those games. Over the same period, the Hornets are 10-1 in home playoff games, including 6-1 last year against Dallas and San Antonio.
    The Lakers at -12 is kind of a scary line. They have played Utah in LA 9 times over the last 2 years, including the playoffs. The Lakers are 9-0 SU in those games, with the margin of victory falling between 10-14 pts in 8 out of the 9 games. The other win was by 7. The margins of victory, in no special order, have been 13, 13, 13, 10, 10, 10, 11, 14 and 7. The margins of victory in this year's meetings have been 13 and 10 in the playoffs, and 13 and 13 in the regular season. Five of those last 9 meetings in LA have been in the playoffs. The Lakers have had HT leads in those games of 22, 11, 13, 14 and 7. If you look at the HT scores in all 9 of the games, the Lakers have led at HT by double-digits in 6 of them, and by 7 or more in 7 of them. In only one of them did Utah have the HT lead. Tonite's 1st H line is Lakers -7.

Looks like it's going to be a long night for the home teams. Miami is shooting just 20% so far to Atlanta's 52%, and New Orleans is shooting around 28% to Denver's 72%!

Comment

Wow....what a come-back for Miami. When I wrote the above post they were down 17 deep into the 2nd Q. Now they're just down by 4, 46-42 at HT. I'll take Miami -6 for the 2nd H, thank you. I think they've gotten a hold of the momentum from here on out.

Comment

Well, I got my ass handed to me last night. Even the Lakers blew a 22 pt lead to miss the cover by 1.

Comment

TUESDAY

All I'm going to say today is that I like all 4 home teams to win. I may parlay the ML's, and buy pts here and there.

Comment

Working...
          X