Progressive Betting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressive Betting

I read, a few years ago, an article about progressive betting for the football season. Not sure exactly how it went but you started with a $100 bank and wagered 80 or 90% of bank each week on 1 game and by the end of the season you had a large bank. Does anyone know the details fo this plan?

You win more than you lose, hopefully.

How do you win anything wagering 80-90% of your bank? you'd be gone with your first loss?

Please explain more if you know, but to win any money you have to be conservative and disiplined...There is no new way to win in sports betting and thats the only way to make any money.

I have seen both ends--back in college I played everyhitng on the board, now I limit myself and I actually make a couple bucks.

And another fact I know, is the ones I leave off my card win 60% of the time!

Good luck and welcome!

Comment

Thanks Woodee12 for the welcome and info...Used to be hardcore myself a few years back but now just for the entertainment

You are correct. Nothing much left if you lose early. After week 8 or so, even a loss leaves a decent bank to start again. Here's what I remember and maybe you can fill me in as to what I may be missing. Betting one game a week:

Start week 1 $100 wager $80 win $72
      week 2 $172 wager $137 win $123
      week 3 $295 wager $236 win $212
      week 4 $507 wager $405 win $365
      etc...

The idea is to win of course, but not bet the entire bankroll. The part I do not recall is how the bet "110 to win 100" plays into the amount to be bet. I just figured the wager minus 10% would be the actual winning amount and you would then add that to you bank total for the week. What do you think?

Comment

May be off base here but my thoughts;

You start with a bankroll of $100, betting $1 per game and doubling your bet if you lose. After a win, start over and wager $1. So unless you lose 8 games in a row you will grow your bankroll slowly.

Anyway, welcome to the forum

Comment

Originally posted by zshimer
          May be off base here but my thoughts;

You start with a bankroll of $100, betting $1 per game and doubling your bet if you lose. After a win, start over and wager $1. So unless you lose 8 games in a row you will grow your bankroll slowly.

Anyway, welcome to the forum
          Thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
          X