X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swicat's College Picks

Here are this week's selections.

5*

TCU -12 vs Virginia- Of course Boise seems to get all of the BCS buster accolades but TCU has been the gold standard of the non bcs conferences. They are a solid, solid program who don't get the credit for the talent they have in place. They will come out and play rough defense and run and pass effectively. Virginia got embarrased last week but that is really should not matter as they are outclassed this Saturday.

4*

Mich St/C. Mich over 52- Mich St has pretty good talent and with 2 qb's fighting for playing time expect little let up from their offense. C Mich stumbled in week 1 and will be motivated to give a better performance. I look for both teams to get into the 30's.

Minnesota/Air Force over 48.5- The minnesota pick did not work out last week. Their offense really sputtered for 2+ quarters and I expect at home in front of a full house they will be much better. On defense they really struggled against the run and we all know AF does that extremely well. I think it adds up to a 55+ ball game.

3*

Wake Forest -2 vs Stanford- This should be another good game. Wake played suprisingly well on defense last week and struggled a bit on offense. Meanwhile Stanford put a hurting on Washington St which was expected. I think Wake will be highly motivated to avoid an 0-2 start and will pull out a close win and cover,

South Carolina/Georgia under 37.5- These teams seem to always play a gritty, hard hitting game. I look for Richt to keep it close to the vest and rely on the running game and defense to get the win.

Buffalo +10.5 vs Pitt- Taking a flyer that the bulls can keep the magic going from last year. Could be a bust but really can you go wrong betting against Wanny on the road?

To have a side

Ohio St- no good reason, ND-Mich over- maybe a reason to watch, Tenn -8 vs UCLA just to see Kiffin and Neuheisel go at it.

Good luck,
    Swicat
Working...
X