Survivor~Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivor~Week 2

I am in a large survivor pool that annually begins in week 2.

Right now I am leaning on Washington to defeat St. Louis.

Here is an interesting trend, there have been 28 team shut out in week 1. The two teams in 2003 that played in week 2 played against each other (NE/PHI), as such I threw out their game.

Therefore, since 1978, 26 that were shut out in week 1 were:
    5-20-1 SU, 10-16 ATS. On the road they were 2-11 SU; 5-8 ATS

Now, I am working on a query based on midwest teams that played on the west coast and then went to east coast to play their next game.

The last time I tried this unique type of capping for the year in the Survivor pool, I made it to week 14 of 2002. I was about one of 40 people remaining out of 800+ people vying for a pool of about 150K. I took Pittsburgh over Houston. Tommy Maddux pissed his pants that day! Pittsburgh outgained Houston by almost 400 yards and had 21 more 1st downs. But Maddux had two interceptions and a fumble returned for a touchdown!

Then again, if that was bad, I was still alive last year when I was in Vegas. I took Philadephia. Too be on the safe side, I played Cincinnati on the ML. Needless to say, I pushed the money line and lost my survivor pick!
    Last edited by Taxman; 09-16-2009, 01:16 AM. Reason: typo

hmmmm.

I'm in one of those pools as well.........maybe I'll ride your plays

Comment

I'm going with Washington in mine as well. It's either GB or Wash for me, and GB is playing the far better team. I hope lots of people take the Vikes AT Detroit. It's the biggest spread on the board, and it is The Lions, but I try and avoid Road teams in these pools unless I'm just about forced to take hem later in the season. The 2 Home teams are far safer this week, IMO.

Comment

I agree guesser. I have a couple situations that I try to abide by:

1. Never play on a road team
        2. Never play on the Bears (live in Chicagoland, and do not need the bias influencing my decision)

A new one I added this year: focus on the really bad teams and play against them no matter what (I had a buddy that road the Detroit train from week 7 on to the end of the season).

My bad teams are:
        Rams
        Chiefs
        Lions
        Bucs

Comment

Working...
        X