• Sunday Week 2 NFL Picks

5* OAKLAND +3 over Kansas City
    5* DETROIT +10 over Minnesota
    5* TAMPA BAY +4 over Buffalo
    5* BALTIMORE +3 over San Diego
    2* ARIZONA +3.5 over Jacksonville
    2* HOUSTON +6.5 over Tennessee
    2* ST LOUIS +10 over Washington

OAKLAND: Oakland should have gotten the win over San Diego in week 1 as they out-yarded the Chargers 366-317 in total yards. I was especially impressed with their ability to run the ball gaining 148 on the ground, and KC had no success stopping Baltimore last week allowing the Ravens 198 rushing yards. Oakland qualifies in a very strong 45-14-1 ATS (since 1997) statistical angle that plays on dogs that average a much higher percentage rushing than their opponent averages, and Oakland also qualifies in a very strong 25-5-1 ATS system play that is detailed in our handicapping vault. Throw in the fact that the dog is 13-6-1 ATS last 10 years when these two play, and I’m more than happy to take points with the Silver and Black.

DETROIT: The Vikings offense looked phenomenal last week, but their defense was less than stellar allowing Cleveland 20 points. Detroit, meanwhile, was hammered by New Orleans. This is a new week, and Detroit is much better in my opinion than they were last year, and certainly better than they looked in week 1. Minnesota is laying double digits here, and they are 3-12 ATS last 15 when favored by 7 or more points, including 0-6 ATS last six laying double digits. We also have a strong 27-8-1 ATS system in our vault that favors the Lions in this game, so I have no problem taking the points as Detroit keeps this one close.

BALTIMORE: The Ravens put up 501 total yards last week versus KC, and San Diego was outgained by Oakland. I like Baltimore to be able to put up a nice number here against a San Diego team that is nowhere near as good as their reputation in my opinion. The Chargers are just 3-10 ATS last few years versus a non-divisional opponent off a straight-up win, and the Ravens also qualify in the same 45-14-1 ATS (since 1997) statistical angle that Oakland qualifies in above. They also qualify in a 12-0 ATS system that dates back to 1989 that plays on away dogs of 7 or less points in their first three games if they put up 450 or more total yards in their previous game. Take the points.

TAMPA BAY: Hard to believe Buffalo is over their Monday night loss yet as they had their divisional rivals, the Patriots, beat but let it slip away late. Despite the close score, New England dominated on paper outyarding Buffalo 441-276 total yards. Meanwhile, Tampa Bay lost to Dallas, but they did have success moving the ball as they put up 350 total yards versus the Cowboys. Look for Tampa to have success moving the ball, and if they can put yards into points, they should win this game straight-up. They also qualify in the same 25-5-1 ATS angle as Arizona and Oakland, and they qualify in the same 12-0 ATS statistical system that Baltimore qualifies in above so I have no problem taking the Bucs here with the points.

ARIZONA: Arizona is 7-2 ATS last 9 times they suited for a non-conference game, while Jacksonville is just 4-15 ATS last 19 non-conference games off a loss. Arizona also qualifies in a very strong 25-5-1 ATS system play that is detailed in our vault. Take the points here with the Cards.

HOUSTON: The Texans qualify in a 25-5-1 ATS system play that is detailed in our vault.

ST LOUIS: The Rams qualify in a 25-5-1 ATS system play that is detailed in our vault.
Working...
X