NO "HONOR SYSTEM" HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO "HONOR SYSTEM" HERE

Can't believe that some of the "sharps" in this Forum like Dragon1952, Woodee, Taxman or Widestrides hadn't brought this up before now, so I'll make it known that while I couldn't quite figure how so many players could still be alive in the "NFL LAST MAN STANDING", I did a little research in my spare time to understand why.

I figured that there must be a lot of bulletproof vests out there, because quite a few guys were shot down in Week 1, but were still left standing to post in Week 2.........Now if I read the rules correctly, they specifcally state: WIN AND MOVE ON, LOSE AND YOU'RE OUT ...........Well, either somebody out there doesn't comprehend this, or Jeff left the floodgates open when he said that the contest was graded on an "Honor System".........Not so here:

PLAYER-------------------------------------1ST WEEK LOSER

XBIGPAPPA------------------------------------CINCINNATI
    GENGHIS 518---------------------------------NEW ENGLAND
    PATLIVES--------------------------------------CINCINNATI
    DUSTYDUKE-----------------------------------HOUSTON
    TOOPIEAIRE-----------------------------------CLEVELAND
    WILLDOG40-----------------------------------CHICAGO
    FEIN-------------------------------------------CAROLINA
    YNOTPRO--------------------------------------CINCINNATI

Now maybe these were honest mistakes on their part, and some of the newer guys might not be sure of where to post their picks correctly, but isn't that dude at the top of the list actually running one of the contests here on the Forum ?.........WOW !!

I lost in the first week by 1/2 point, but I ain't bitchin' or trying to take a free ride........especially for a $100 !!.........Come on guys, get with the program..........Let's hear it for integrity........If there's any left.
    ;)

Last Man

Nice going Boone. I guess some of these yokels don't know what integrity means.

Comment

Hey Boone, it was driving me crazy too. I think some of the guys are accidentally posting their NFL game of the week pick in the last man standing section, since they didn't have a pick in that section. And since Pappa thinks I am hating on him, I guess he either doesn't understand the rules or just doesn't ever think his picks are wrong, lol. I was waiting to see how it would play out because even your buddy jpehl posted his pick of the week here and they will not count in the pick of the week section. I guess I am just glad that I am not keeping score on these.

Comment

Well Wisky, I wish confusion was the case here but obviously it's not because most of these clowns posted in both threads, so they knew what they were doing.........Including your boy "Pappa", who jumped on the Kansas City Chiefs in both contests and lost, but I'm sure he'll be firing away at the "Last Man Standing" contest again next weekend !! ........... Whatever.
        ;)

Comment

NFL Last Man Standing Contest

I have reviewed the first 2 weeks results and have posted the remaining contestants in another thread. Thanks Boone, for the heads up. As for the College Last Man Standing, since I'm out of that one already, someone else can check that one if they wish

Comment

Yes I accidentally posted in the wrong forum but I was never part of the last man standing contest. I realized the error and pointed it out earlier today. I dont know why you would bring me in to this? It wasnt my intent to cheat or deceive anyone.

Comment

Don't start with me J-pal............I never mentioned YOUR name anywhere in my posts...........This doesn't even concern you...........I was pointing out the guys that posted in the Last Man Standing contest during Week 1 and lost, and continued to post in Week 2.........That's all.

If you posted accidentally yesterday for the NFL Game of the Week Contest, that doesn't concern me one bit...........I don't run the show here..............Plead your case to someone else please.
              ;)

Comment

jpehl, I was just stating that I knew you had accidentally posted your NFL pick of the week in this section and that I was curious how they would rule on this. You weren't the only one, there were a couple others as well. No knock on you.

Comment

I wasnt talking to you Boone... dont get your panties in a wad...Nice picks so far

Comment

[COLOR=Red]Arizona DiamondBacker[/COLOR]

Comment

Sure takes away from the spirit of having fun.
                      It's a damn shame people cant be more mature when something is provided free for our members.

It's time to man up boys and enjoy the
                      free game as it is compliments of Bettors World..

It will all get worked out in the wash......

In the mean time lets place all this energy
                      on making some winning picks this week end
                      in College Football.

Carpet

Comment

is anyone tracking the college LMS ?

I am almost afraid to ask for fear of being blasted for asking any questions about any contests.

I will do it myself if I go to 4-0 after this weekend.

btw...SEC has 4 teams in latest top 7. Has that ever been done before in any conference?

Comment

Hey HartAttack, there are 7 of you left. Esedink, dideh, Sakras, Kbhirsch, Augustus, msubulldog and yourself.

Comment

TY Wisconsin for your dilligence and efforts. Just for that I think I will play a little on the Pack this week in your honor.

Comment

Working...
                            X