Idaho Potatoes this Saturday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idaho Potatoes this Saturday?

This is one I have circled that I am doing some research on at the moment.

NIU off a huge SU win at Purdue.

Idaho is 2-1 and just beat SD State, beat BNM State, and hung around with a Washington team that just beat USC.

I think 16.5 is a pretty generous number considering the extra value we are getting with NIU just knocking off a Big 10 team.

I think it may go to 17 at some point as well, so I am going to watch the line for a bit before maiking a move.

Any thoughts...It may be stacking up to be my favorite play of the week and flying under the radar to most!

Woodee

My under the radar play is Miami -2.5 vs VTECH

I have had this game circled for weeks
    and think Miami and the tuff QB will score alot
    of points vs VTech

Carpet

Comment

I looked at alot of games last night quickly and thought this is the one also. I also looked at their numbers and wasn't sure why so many points. Still a few days out to check things over better.

Comment

Call me the village idiot...I already took the Potatoes otherwise known as the Vandals @ +15 1/2. The fact Northern Illinois did beat Purdue makes them perfect for a letdown from an emotional standpoint. If you guys get them at +17 that should be plenty. Peace.

Bobo

Comment

I dont know beans about Idaho football

But I do know NIU..........

This team is good best NIU team since Garret Wolf

16.5 looks like a lot but factor in the intangibles

The Bus ride from 12 hours away to land
          in a Corn Field called DEKALB.....

The crowd will be crazy i dont think I daho
          will stay within 30

Carpet

Comment

Here is my logic....

As a Purdue alum I follow them fairly closely.

I went to the Toledo game and could not believe that they covered the 10. I was not shocked to see Toledo down CO, since the Buffs were overrated.

Last week was overvalue city:

Toledo getting +21, that had Toledo overvalued. Don't forget this team only won 4 games last year, solid at home. OSU was off the tough USC and whooped them.

Purdue was way overvalued at +13. Purdue was projected to win 4 games this season (new coach, new QB, etc.) What that line told me was that NIU was weaker than Toledo (spread from 10 to 13). Yes, Purdue played Oregon tough, but flew back Sunday, so they had a short week and were looking ahead to ND.

Now, you have the NIU game. If you are going to play here are some things to consider:
            • How strong is NIU at home?
            How is Idaho on the road, outside their dome?
            Is Idaho safe with the ball (Purdue was sloppy, two fumbled punts inside the 20)
            NIU is a 40 minute ride from my house. So, from O'Hare it is only a 90 minute bus ride. Yes, NIU fans are strong, but how does NIU play at home in non-conference game?

My play for the week is ND-7
            ND has not covered their last two. So the ND love is gone. I felt that this line should be at least 10 (if Clausen is very healthy, up to 13).

All ND has to do is shut down RB Bolden. QB Elliott is a turnover machine, 5 interceptions in the first two games. Purdue's D gives up yards (at least 400+ in all three games this year).

I can see ND win by 14 (look at their track record playing Purdue). I am preparing for the drubbing.

That is just my two cents!

Best of luck,
            Taxman

Comment

Thanks guys.

All in all, I think Idaho is the play with a let-down and look-ahead factor coming into play for for NIU.

I do like the ND play this week as well.

Not sure about Miami-FL...I am leaning V Tech myself at home.

Comment

I am glad I am right once in a while.

I may retire now.

Thought it was going to be close but not a SU win.

Comment

Dude..you are too modest. Checking out Sports Monitor and saw your name high on the list in CFB. Happy to see the Potato Boys bringing us home the money.

Comment

Working...
                  X