Monday Night Football - Carolina at Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Football - Carolina at Dallas

The last of my Week 3 NFL picks (see other thread) was Carolina +9.
    It looks like the spread is more like -8.5 now. If that's the case, I would think about buying the 1/2 pt for +9 if taking the Panthers.
    I also like the OV 48 pts in the game.
    Carolina has given up 38 and 28 pts. on the year. You can probably chalk the first game (vs Philly) up as an anomaly due to Delhomme's terrible game. He played much better in the 2nd game at Atlanta, but the defense still gave up 28. Carolina racked up well over 400 yds of offense in that game, and Delhomme threw for over 300 yds and a TD, with just 1 INT. Steve Smith caught 8 passes for 131 yds but did not score. They also got a combined 144 yds rushing from DeAngelo Williams and Jonathon Stewart.
    Michael Turner went for 105 yds and a score, and Matt Ryan had 3 TD passes against the Panther 'D'.
    Carolina has not recorded a sack against a starting QB, although they did get 2 against Kolb in mop-up duty in the Philly blow out.
    Dallas has been torched on defense to the tune of 271 yds rushing and 606 yds passing in their first 2 games, and have given up 5 TD's and 54 pts. The Cowboy 'D' has yet to force a TO, and they have yet to record a QB sack.

Both teams defense's have been struggling, and both offenses have serious weapons, and should be able to move the ball and put pts on the board. I'm thinking something like Dallas 31 - Carolina 27, with a Carolina upset not out of the question.

Of course you never know what will transpire during the game, so act accordingly!

Good luck tonight!

Im not ruling out Carolina winning this game because im not very high on the Cowboys this year. IMO its time for Phillips to go but I can almost guarantee that if the Cowboys lose this game that Phillips will be the first coach gone. I have no opinion on this game but a loss would not surprise me here.
    jpehl

Comment

What are the chances of Wade getting canned at half time?

Comment

Originally posted by jpehl
        What are the chances of Wade getting canned at half time?

Well Carolina +9 is looking good. Obviously the over is a goner. Everything you hate to see when picking the over has happened....poor starting field position, penalties negating field position, and missed scoring opportunities. Funny how Dallas could score 31 against the Giants and look so bad this evening.

Comment

Dallas -7 at HT. It can't end in a tie (not probable anyway), and I can't believe they lose again at home.

Comment

I agree--Dallas is the play in the 2nd I think too.

I will never root for these jokers again if they don't at least show some type of energy.

Cover or not, the Cowboys are a joke, and overrated as any team out there.

Comment

Well, the HT bet bailed me out. I can't believe Carolina didn't cover the game though. As for the fumble at the end, Delhomme should know you can't sit back in the pocket that long. All he had to do is, after about 3 seconds, step up a few steps and he's OK and maybe they end up getting the TD. The guys a dumbass sometimes.

Comment

I wouldnt be surprised if Dallas finishes up behind the Redskins in the division this year. As you can I dont have very high standards for them this year. Wade is terrible and the fact they anointed Garrett the coach in waiting makes me even sicker. Long road for the cowboys.

Comment

no way the deadskins finish ahead of these cowgirls. not as long as fragile felix jones is on the field!

Comment

Working...
                  X