Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football Discussion Week 10/1

What do you guys like this week?

I have already locked in on Purdue -6 over Northwestern. I see this one being blow-out city for the Boilers.

Besides that nothing huge stick out to me besides Cal getting the points at home over USC. But its hard to back a team that just got smoked last week.

But value is on Cal's side I think b/c of that and I expect a strong showing from them. Others I like are

Syracuse +6.5 over So. Florida

UNC -14 over Virginia

Wake +1 over NC State

Still looking at a few too and will chime in later.

A note too, the K-state/Iowa State game is being played in KC. Arrowhead stadium. I have not seen that on anywhere and many may think it is at ISU. Basically a nuetral site game.

Decided to play my teaser of the week on:

Cal +11.5
    Cuse +13.5

Comment

Yeah, I might go with Cal to win back what they cost me last week in their implosion vs Oregon. If Oregon can turn it around and play like they hadn't played this year, then cal should be able to turn it around and make up for last week's embarrassing performance. But Reilly is not that good. However, USC's Barkley is no great shakes either. So the points look good. 7 would be better.

And maybe Tennessee busts Auburn's bubble at Tennessee.

GL

Comment

3 others that I am looking closely at too:

UTEP +17 over Houston...Too much hype on Houston this week as they hit the road against a decent team getting this many points.

SMU +28 over TCU

UK + over Bama...Ole Miss on the horizon for Bama plaus they saw how Florida destroyed UK last week thinking it may be a cakewalk

Comment

Lean with Hawaii +6 in tonights game. Cannot pull the trigger but will if the line keep climbing in the dog's favor.

Comment

I'm with you- playing Hawaii +6 and over 55.5

Comment

Woodee, bama is better than florida at this point. Agree, Ole Miss is on the horizon and will play show up against them, unlike they did against SC. TRUST ME AGAIN, KENTUCKY WILL GET TOTALLY ABUSED!!!!!!!! The loss of Hightower for Bama's defense is troubleing to say the least.With UK it won't make difference. Unless you follow bama football like I do, you wouldn't think much of it. He is argueably the best player on a great defense. But bama has lost three players to injury on defense, which by far is there strongpoint. I just hope that doesn't come back to burn them against a team like Florida or another sec team that is fired up against them. Put your money on wiser wagers. They roll on Kentucky with or without Hightower!!!! TRUST RR. Again, all with respect!!!!!!!

Comment

yeah, I agree. Probaby smarter wagers out there but the better team does not always come out to play week in and week out, and some college "kids" overlook a team they think they will beat easily.

Not saying Bama will do this but there are spots every year, that good teams do this, and get beat on the road.

Florida last year going to Ole Miss is one to comes to mind althought Miss was better than UK is, but a decent example.

Or Washington beating USC who wasn't prepared as they should have been.

Just one to watch, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a closer one than you think.

Also, I think Ole Miss takes care of biz this week at Vandy too. Many are giving Vandy too much credit for last year, and giving them a chance. Ole Miss will come out focused and take care of them handily I think.

I see La Tech is working Hawaii pretty well. I jumped off LTech too early I guess.

Comment

Woodee, the only reason I took this game is because I was at the Auburn game and realized LaTech wasn't so bad. Anyway, thank god I was right. On another subject, Forget the sec, I remember when I thought a bad Arz st. team had a chance against a good USC team years ago. Final score USC 56-0. This is a very bad Kentucky team. Trust RR on this one, this is a cakewalk. Again, bama has had big time losses on defense, but they will destroy UK. Drink alot of beer and watch the tide absolutely destroy wildcats.Good luck to you and all. Damn, it' s hard to be nice!!!!!

Comment

Ok--I will probably just pass on it and take your advice on Bama and I will let you say I told you so.

Also, why is it hard to be nice? We are on the same team here against the book not against each other.

I do this mainly for enterainment and because I like trying to figire out the lines, and not for a whole boat-load of cash.

You can make your point and be nice and not confrontational. Once you hit a few, then you have some kind of clout around here where people may actually listen and not just think you are thumping your chest on how right you think you are.

Keep posting, because it sound like you know your football and I always like the insight coming from other parts of the country!

Comment

woodee, last year's gator loss to the rebels was actually in gainesville at home.

Comment

Woodee, my apologies. You are right, we are on the same team. Goodluck to you and everyone else this weekend. Who knows, I may end up eating a bunch of humble pie this weekend!! Again, my sincere apologies!!

Comment

No problem--Keep posting them.

I am beginning to see your point on Bama but still one I will probably lay off on.

Thanks for the clarification H Attack too--I forgot that was in the Swamp!

Comment

Heres more of my plays for the week--

One more teaser this week--

Georgia +3.5
                            Miami-FL+14.5

UNC -12 (bought 1/2) over Virginia

Pitt/Ole Miss...ML Parlay

Maybe some more but going to hold it there for now.

Comment

Woodee

I like South Florida over SY

SF averages over 200 yards a game running
                              and on Defense they force alot of turnovers

I just dont think SYRACUSE can keep up with
                              the speed of this SF team

Good Luck

Carpet

Comment

Working...
                              X