Thursday Night CFB - Colorado at West Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Night CFB - Colorado at West Virginia

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think the Mountaineers roll tonight. Colorado has been abysmal on both offense and defense if you throw out the Wyoming game (which you should). Cody Hawkins has been awful, completing barely 50% of his passes for a pathetic 5.6 yd per attempt average, with 5 TD passes to 4 INT's. Most of his TD's have come in garbage time with his team trailing big and late in the game. The defense gave up over 600 yds to Toledo, 305 on the ground and another 319 passing. And they gave up 168 yds rushing to Colorado St. The Buffaloes start conference play next week with Texas.

West Virginia is averaging close to 500 yds of offense per game, including 192 on the ground and 293 through the air. And they are only giving up an average of just 83 yds per game rushing. They had over 500 yds of offense at Auburn last game, and had the lead 30-27 going into the 4th Q. They out-yarded Auburn 509-400, had more 1st downs 23-20 and held a 5 1/2 minute time-of possession advantage, but turned the ball over 6 times.

The Mountaineers can hurt you many ways on offense, and Colorado should have trouble moving the ball. West Virginia also has revenge for last year's OT loss at Colorado, plus they will be looking to atone for their ball-handling issues that cost them a win at Auburn.

West Virginia by 3 TD's.

Dragon- you could be right but I see this as CU's best chance to turn their season around.

They should have confidence because they beat WVU last year. If Hawkins wants to keep his job then he will need to do everything he can to get this team ready and get the W. A loss here even a close one and he is pretty much toast.

I think CU keeps it close but definitely a small play for me.

Good Luck,

Swicat

Comment

You could be right also, but this is a tough place for them to try and turn their season around. Good luck

Comment

I am playing Colorado but thats a good sign for you as anything involving Colorado for me usually loses.

Comment

woodee gets to break his streak
          jeez, the last 2 minutes had both bettor sides on their feet, wanted to turn off the game when WV scored but couldn't find the remote

Comment

Yeah--Ulcer city. That last 2 minutes didn't matter to anyone except bettors.

I almost turned it off and vowed never to bet a week-night game ever again! And epecially NEVER on Coloroado again.

But I will take it.

Comment

Working...
            X