Thursday Night CFB - S. Miss. at UAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Night CFB - S. Miss. at UAB

S. Miss. is favored by 10.5 in this game. In 2 previously lined games as favorites, both at home, they have failed to cover by an average of nearly 11 pts per game, beating UCF by 7 as 14.5 pt favorites, and then barely squeaking by Virginia 37-34 as 17 pt favorites. They covered as 14 pt dogs at Kansas last week,
    Although with a plethora of offensive weapons, they will be missing 2 of their best offensive threats tonite in WR DeAndre Brown (13/167/1) and RB Damion Fletcher (76/371/4 rushing and 12/164/0 receiving).

In 2 previous home games this year, the Blazers have a 44-24 win over Rice and a 35-33 loss to SMU, both conference games. UAB was a little over-matched against Texas A&M last week, but in their 3 previous games against Rice, SMU and Troy, they rushed for an average of 231 yds per game, and as such, are the leading rushers in C-USA so far. Unfortunately S. Miss leads the conference in rushing defense thus far, giving up an average of just 64 yds per game. This rushing attack will be a little different though, as Blazer QB Joe Webb is the leading rusher on the team with 68 attempts for 432 yds and 4 TD's, who has also passed for 5 TD's.
    Hopefully UAB can keep the chains moving and keep the ball out of the Golden Eagles hands because the UAB defense has been pretty bad giving up around 480 yds per game.
    The Eagles should have no problem moving the ball but, considering that they have been unable to even come close to covering double-digit spreads at home, it doesn't bode well for them being able to do so on the road.

UAB +10.5

I agee. I think Southern Miss wins but only by 3-6 points.

UAB is the play in my opinion.

Comment

BW

Longtime viewer of BWorld for many years (during fb) so was a little surprised by the new(to me) format. Really impressed w/ the wisdom passed around for public consumption in this forum (Twooez's brkdwn of Iowa & ?else last week was awesome-wish I saw it before the games). Anyway, now I'm going to prove my hypocrisy by saying I have to make the call on S. Miss. SM lost to KU last week in the final 3 mins and KU is as sound a team as UAB is not. To me, UAB's resume makes them a contender for worst team in the land. Lose to SMU who loses to Wash St?? Sure, say it dowsn't translate but No WAY am I backing that horse. I'm counting on S. Miss's 2nd stringers being able to beat UAB.
      Good luck! and again, Love the site.

Comment

Working...
      X