Stardust Sonny Says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stardust Sonny Says

Ok - I am not boasting; however, I thought I'd share some thoughts on this week's board:

Oakland Raiders at Houston Texans -9½
    Cincinnati Bengals -5½ at Cleveland Browns *TOP*
    Tennessee Titans -1½ at Jacksonville Jaguars
    New York Giants -9 at Kansas City Chiefs *TOP*
    San Diego Chargers +6½ at Pittsburgh Steelers

Oakland is truly horrendous in passing. When two QBs get tops in the draft you just know one will "Leaf out." Brady Quinn and JaMarcus Russsel went in round #1 - any other questions?

9½ is a lot of wood to chop as they say, but I would never take the Raiders here. This is a Houston team that beat Tenn

Cincinnati Bengals -5½ at Cleveland Browns *TOP* - yeah they play pretty tight games 2X a year, but Cinci is a LOT better than people think. Beating Pitts and GB were not flukes. Losing to Denver was . . . Cleveland is as bad as they look - and they are possibly the worst NFL team in quite some time. The Cleveland franchise seems to be jinxed.

Tennessee Titans -1½ at Jacksonville Jaguars - line has moved to -3 and this is the season for Tenn as 6 losses in the AFC will put them out of the playoffs for sure. This one scares the daylights out of me as JV just seems to play those 14-12 games and giving 3 here is the play, but scary none the less.

New York Giants -9 at Kansas City Chiefs *TOP* I've been watching these guys and they remember getting beat at Cleveland last year after a 3-0 start. Still KC is always tought at home and 9 is a lot to cover. If anybody can do it, the NYG can - they pound you down and just keep pounding. Any late garbage TD would hurt you unless they are way ahead. They have Oakland next week, so should not be looking ahead.

San Diego Chargers +6½ at Pittsburgh Steelers. Smart coaching move by Norv and possibly his only one. he came out and said the Chargers weren't as good as people said. Since then, the team has done all it can to prove him wrong. Getting 6½ at Pittsburgh that is playing poorly is a whole lot of points.

Other games:

NO - 7 - the Jet D has applied the pressure very well - but Brees will burn them as sure as I am setting here typing - just watch.

Wash -9 over Tampa. Bucs have nothing and Wash at least has talent. Line was -7 and moved to -9. I'd consider a small play based on the line.

Best of Luck to everyone today

As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny
Working...
X