Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Post Season 2009

Ok, here we go baseball guys...

I have been stinky all year in baseball, maybe breaking even after the long grind but I usually do half-way decent in the post-season.

Since my team is in it, I will be deep inside the NL side. I am not an AL guy, but may make a play here and there, but NL is more of my specialty.

So here we go--Feel free to chime in as you wish as I love the extra insight and discusion.

The Play-in game--Detorit at Minny.

Don't know if I will play it, but if I were, I definitely like the live, nice priced dog, Detroit at +145 or higher. Porcello vs. Baker. May put a small bet on Detroit but I will wait and see how high the line climbs.

Game 1s-
    Colorado +115 at Philly...Like the red-hot, Rockies. Anytime a team comes in after playing their way in at the end, you have to go with them. Philly is a team that has the pitching to win a short series, but if Colorado can snag 1 from Hamels before getting to Lee then they have the upper hand. I like them to take game 1.
    Don't know about the series but the price is nice at +145 for Colorado so its a possibility.

St.Louis at LA Dodgers...Carpenter vs. Wolf...Definitely a pitching upper hand for STL. Both teams have stumbled their way in as it is well documented. Tough for me to make an unbiased call on this one, but I think STL takes game 1 behind Carpenter.

No value on the Series I don't think either way, epecially not on STL side
    at -145.

More later on the AL possibly later. I just dislike all the teams, and will be rooting for Detroit or Minny to beat the Yanks, thats for sure.

Great game today-Go Twins! I passed on it and almost played the under. Phew.

Wednesday:

Philly-130 over Colorado...Two Words-CLIFF LEE. Thats all this play is about. Best pitcher in the playoff in my opinion. He can go deep which is good for philly horrible pen. Jiminez may have a little game 1 jitters too.

looking at cards-dodgers too, but may just root for my team with no cash involved or a small play on carp and the cards, we'll see.

Comment

I know its Cliff Lee but he hasn't look as impressive in the national league as I thought he would, Lee is 1-2 era 6.39 last 3 starts & I can't go against the red hot rockies.

Rockies +122

Cards @ LA
      the way LA finished this year I will take the 17-4 Carpenter over the dodgers.
      Cards-136

NYY -1 1/2 ez pick here, Bombers are 7-0 vs Minnie this year. Twinkies winning last night in a marathon game and then traveling to explosive NY. The twins pen was used up so its over if the patient yankee hitters get to the pen.
      good luck

Comment

Cards actually had less wins than LA, in the last 10 games, but STL had everything locked up unlike LA still had the division to play for and couldn't win in 6 tries against losing teams.
        good luck

Comment

I do like the Rockies, but just not in Game 1...I liked them against Hamels, but Lee is too tough for me to bet against in my opinion.

He has struggled and may prove to be a "perceived" ace, but I watched him pitch a few times this year and he is a tough lefty that I think Coloroado will have trouble with.

I just heard high winds in Philly and New York Tonight--Leaning OVER 9 in the Yanks/Twins especially with the twins tired pen.

Comment

official tuesday plays--

Philly -130 over colorado--up to -147 now.

NYY/Minny OVER 9 (-120)...up to 9.5 at some places.

Comment

1-0-1 yesterday.

Not really thrilled with the Cards Start last night. 2 teams who had a lot of time to sit and wait, and thus 30 guys left on base.

I think the Cards bats will wake up today, and Wainwright will pitch a gem.

Cards -110 over Dodgers in Game 2 to send it back to STL tied 1-1.

Comment

Also taking a shot with Colorado today.

Rockies +150 over Philly...Feel there is some value there if they can keep it close early.

Comment

I am just playing the UNDER the rest of the way, so far they r 3-0-1 with LA/STL looking good at 1-1.
                  good luck

Comment

two words...

FU-CK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

un-fucking real
                      [COLOR=Red]Arizona DiamondBacker[/COLOR]

Comment

Little league BS--

Which way to you turn your glove? If he did not hit that homer I would really dislike him even more.

Well-I just got tickets to sat and sunday's game so hopefully we win 2 and head back to LA.

Comment

Ok, I have calmed down andaccepted the loss finally.

Onto Friday--

Minny +1.5 (+130) over NYY..Gotta take a shot here I think now that the Twins are kinda rested. Don't trust Burnett either so I think this is a good play.

Looking at the Red Sox too, but don't know yet if they keep hitting like the Cardinals.

Comment

Working...
                          X