Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Pick # 2

Connecticut +8.5

I’ve made a living betting games like this in the Big East for the past decade and don’t see any reason to stop doing so now. Anytime I can get a well-coached, solid defensive club who travels well getting over a TD against a talented but undisciplined team I’ve got to give the game serious consideration. Randy Edsal, many of you who claim to have a luck box, is just a really good football coach. He goes unnoticed because his style of play is very conservative and isn’t flashy, but it wins football games and covers spreads. While I think that “the Stache” has some good assistants and has recruited well in the offseason, anytime I can get points like these from one of his teams my mouth starts to water. Connecticut has a very strong defense and they are a team that has matched up well with Pittsburgh over the years. I like that they have had a week off to prepare for this game and catch Pittsburgh off a road victory at Louisville, in a game that was much closer than the final score indicated. This game will feature two very talented running backs in UConn’s Jordan Toddman (5.0 ypc., 5 TD) and Pitt’s Dion Lewis (5.4 ypc., 7 TD). What this means is there will be a lot of handing off in this game, particularly if the weather isn’t good, and there will be less clock stoppages which will shorten the game. I give the edge on defense and special teams to UConn and the edge on offense to Pitt. Just like in baseball, you are better off going with the better defense as I believe offense wins games and defense wins championships. Give me Randy Edsal and the luckbox in this one please.

Thanks Twooez

You've got a good track record dude; I'm sticking with your prognosticating perspicacity this week too.

Cheers!

Comment

Like Florida, until he's proven otherwise, I'm with him!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X