Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Pick # 3

SMU +6.5

June Jones is doing it again. He’s resurrecting a program out of nowhere and as I watched last week’s SMU game I saw a renewed energy in the SMU program not seen since the days of the Pony Express. Jones has this team believing and after going toe-to-toe with TCU last week they believe they can compete on the field with anyone in the country. They are fortunate to catch an ECU squad who will be playing their fourth road game in five weeks. I can’t stress enough how critical of a situational spot this is, combined with the perception that ECU is a great team and SMU is below average. I’m not sure there is a whole lot of difference between these two teams and I’m getting the motivated home team catching almost a TD. SMU QB Bo Levi Mitchell (57.8% comp., 8 TD, 10 INT) has improved and his understanding of Jones’ system is much better than last year. RB Shawnbrey McNeal (4.5 ypc., 2 TD) has helped create more balance on offense than last year which should put some pressure on ECU’s defense. The running game could soften up the defense and allow outstanding WR’s Emmanuel Sanders (43 rec., 10.8 ypr., 2 TD) and Aldrick Robinson (14 rec., 13.4 ypr., 1 TD) to make some plays in the passing game. I have watched ECU QB Patrick Pickney (55.3% comp., 4 TD/ 5 INT) and he’ not throwing the ball particularly well, nor is the ECU offensive line creating many holes in the running game. ECU is a team struggling to score points right now and their defense is getting worn down. Skip Holtz has to be pulling his hair out this week as he has a good idea he will be lucky to escape out of Dallas with a victory against June Jones’s young squad.

like all your picks I guess we will be in the same boat again. and again, thanx

Comment

Working...
    X