Comment

Mississippi -3½

Comment

NORTHWESTERN

Comment

Come on you guys! You knew the Nevada/Hawaii line was a misprint

Comment

Dragon,

That's why I posted an alternate pick, but c,mon man the moderator was alerted to this possible problem on Thursday. No correction was made. Can we get a damn ruling already!

Comment

Whoa, whoa, there Mister Dragon 1952, why start a pissing contest?

NO. There is nothing lame about what was posted for this game. You know as well the majority of the folks who participate in this contest that, regretfully, the contest has been plagued with numerous weekly errors and challenges by participants. This needs to be addressed ASAP. This is important, especially for the folks who are doing well and have a crack at the prize money.

I have no intention of beating up on the moderator who coordinates the posting of the weekly lines or the scorekeeping. However, I have a few constructive suggestions which I would advise him to consider or by the majority of contest participants.

1) a second person should be officially designated as back-up to help resolve issues such as what occurred this week (posting lines) and disputes over selected postings.
              2) since these are all Saturday games, the lines should NOT be posted on Tuesday as is routinely done, instead, post them on Thursday for more realistic point spreads.

Amen and congratulations to the leaders.

laxsfo99

Comment

I don't think he is starting a pissing match. Everyone that chose Nevada knew it was a mistake. The contest does have prize money, but taking a 42 point advantage is not what the contest is about. It was even stated in a post that it was a mistake and people still chose to take the game just because XBigPappa didn't respond. Like I said in an earlier post, most likely those of you who chose Nevada will get it at the closing line which I believe was 28 points.

Comment

Wisky,

I don't think anyone is trying to get Nevada at +14.5. Everyone realizes Nevada should be favored. But by how much? Where did Xpappa get the 14.5 from? I've heard it opened up at 16 at some places. Then closed and opened back again at -26.

As a co-leader I'd really appreciate a ruling on this one. I firmly believe the line should stay at -14.5. We all know folks in this contest use line movement to make their selections, as you know the line can change dramatically from TUesday to Saturday.

My vote is to keep this game at Nevada -14.5 and allow the folks who chose it to take advantage of the huge line move.But I'm not the moderator.

I think Nev destroys them at -14.5 or -25 but I'm obviously for selfish reasons gonna try to get the best line possible.

Let's just get some clarity.

P.S.
                  Tough loss on IU. They contributed to my already shitty day.

Comment

All I'm saying is that there was some questions on my Navy pick weeks ago and I ended up getting the closing line which was -3, causing me to have a tie. I just think it should be consistent. As far as the Nevada game, you even said yourself, it opened at 16 in some places, but not 14'. If Hawaii holds on it won't matter anyways. Good luck to you the rest of the season.

Comment

Thanks Wisky GLTU as well.

Looks like the Rainbow Warriors made it all a moot point by covering both 14.5 and 25. However get ready for the poop storm of the folks wanting to get Nev +14.5.

I'll concede the loss but as I've repeated in previous posts, there needs to be much better oversight of this contest. No offense and I thank you for volunteering Xpapa, but if this contest is too much tedious BS, please don't volunteer to monitor.

Comment

Amazing. Nevada wins by 10.

Honest, this never opened at -14.5 or -16. I have a site that shows it opened at -26.5.

Anyway, as long as someone doesn't claim Nevada +14.5, it's academic.

I think once in the past, when there was a dispute similar to this, the picks were voided and the contestants had to pick two games the next week. But Nevada not covering even -14.5 makes that unnecessary. I don't anyone can seriously claim +14.5.

But xbigpapa says he copies and pastes so I don't know how that one got reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides

Anyway, as long as someone doesn't claim Nevada +14.5, it's academic.

Where's my popcorn.

Comment

Working...
                          X