Big XII Big Chalk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big XII Big Chalk?

Preface: I don't do this for a living. I'm not trying to come off like I even know what I'm talking about and ALL of my 'picks' should come w/ a Parental Advisory warning attached. I'm a B12 guy and just go w/ my gut and the ol' eyeball test most of the time and this could be the wk I've been waiting for or've been having nightmares about. These lines look to me as falling into either "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" or "To good to be true" categories.
    While I head twd the Sunflower Showdown (yes, there is such a thing) to watch my Cats HOPEFULLY heap it on on the hawks, I'm also hoping to to get your opinions on a few games before I colpleetely blow my wad.
    <---(Love that guy)

OU -4.5 How can this lose??
    NU has no offense although a strong defense (err... lineman). They have QB controversy. If I remember correctly they have the 2nd longest losing streak to ranked teams in the nation (to Duke?) which they managed to keep intact by choking against the Hoakies early in the season. They lost to Iowa-freaking-State at home. Suh can't play in the 2ndary and I do not see Bob Stoops losing to his one time Def Co-Coordinator Pelini. The only thing I see NU having is Pelini's knowledge of OU and Big Game Bob (that hurts to write) can surely work that to his advantage. Can't he?

Okla St. -7 How can this lose??
    Coach Gundy vs. What's-his-name (sorry Cylones. You guys are cool but...)
    Extremely talented OSU team even w/o Dez Bryant vs. whatever ISU has. Can a 1st x-1st season coach for ISU pull off beating NU on the rd and ANOTHER shocker in the same season?? I think ISU gets Arnauld-QB (sp?) and their starting RB back & they're at home... So that's supposed to mean they can hang w/ OSU by a TD?? ISU blew THEIR wad in Lincoln.

Mizzou -14 How can this lose??
    I see Mizzou running the table. Their loss to NU was a 4th qtr fluke like nothing that I've seen before (watched the game-didn't bet it). I think Baylor would be +7 to +10 to Colorado and Mizzou cleaned up their act enough last week against them in the 1st half to coast the rest of the way. MU's back is against the wall for any chance at the North Div Title and Pinkel is chomping at the bit to play at home and blow out the team that almost (and prolly shuda) come back the whole way against NU (the team that dealt him his 1st loss of the season.) I've no clue about Baylor other than they went to shite when QB went down. They held NU scoreless (wow) in the 2nd half last wk and scored 10 pts of their own in the 2nd half while missing a FG and (if memory serves) had a turnover in the redzone for a final 20-10 loss.

I think that a poor performance and let-ups after jumping to big leads last week have left these lines squeeshy.

So please, come with your thoughts, the goods or just your gut to either cauton or embolden my play but I feel I have to ride these ponies (beer talking).

Screw the spread. Who's the winner: K-State or ku?

One final word/?... Did I not see a graphic leading to the LSU/Fla game that LSU is $$ when playing at home as the favorite but as a home dog they get blown out?
    OU...31-13
    OSU...41-13
    MU...45-13
    Bama...37-17. No, 34-13

Thanks in advance for ALL criticisms/critiques/thoughts

Originally posted by Itchin
    OU -4.5 How can this lose??
    Because I picked it as my College Game of the Week?

Comment

Seriously though.....nice write-ups. I like your style. I may follow you on a couple of those

Comment

Like your picks, Hope your right on Bama (ROLL TIDE)

Comment

I agree on a few.

I am trying topull the trigger on Okie State myself, and said I was but then i hear people talking about ISU maybe winning. I really think Okie blows them out and thats coming from a Iowa State fan! I hate betting against my team but I think I am going to have to this afternoon.

I also like the Sooners too, but having trouble putting the cash down on them too. Probably will later on.

GL

As far as KU/K-State...I like KU and the OVER 56 better.

Comment

As a big 12 fan and OSU alum I have to say Im following the OU and OSu plays I think both teams roll. Good Luck to you..................and me

Comment

Yeah, I really like an Okie and Okie State SU ML parlay myself!

GL!

Comment

Ohhh... So THAT'S what a real-life night terror is

Screw the spread... If you think that a non Ivy League, college educated, sapien, w/ some sense of football history and trends could predict more WINNERS of college FB games than say... a dizzy chicken (cuz a non-dizzy chicken wouldn't be fair); you'd be wrong. I suck. I'll stick it out another week or two but after that I'm going to give my $$ to Hold'em. Christ... If a tuff-luck kid from Jersey can do it, I KNOW I can!! ALL IN BABY!!
                Any tips on books that got good bonuses? NM... I'll read Woodee12's earlier post.

OT: Does it make me a bad person to hope that terrible, newsworthy things happen to all named Stoops, Pelini and Pinkle?

Way to go CATS!!! :-) Drink induced or not, I'll sleep well tonight!

~Hope ya'll did better than I tonight and GL tomorrow!

Comment

All I can say is I hate both Oklaholma and Nebraska officially too.

And they both will get smoked by whoever they play in a bowl game, and I will love every minute of it.

I hope Texas-Nebraska face off in the big 12 game (sorry k-state), but I would love to see the Huskers get smashed by Colt and company.

I do like Okie State and they did a lot of good things against ISU, which is not hard, but they are a good team, and too bad Dez had to be an idiot!

Comment

Working...
                  X