Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Swam's on a roll!

In case you missed it:
    After going 4-1 last week, Chris Berman's alter ego "The Swami" (on ESPN's weekly feature "The 2 Minute Drill") is 100% on his predictions vs. the spread today. I've never done this before but I DVrecorded the episode Friday b/c I thought all of his picks sounded pretty good. Turns out he correctly picked the Cardinals and Falcons before predicting the Bolts to win outright by 1 pt (final score 21-20). Finally, HE CALLED THE CREAMSICKLE'S OUTRIGHT WIN over Green Bay! (by a half-point lol!) Ballsy!

Anyway, the reason for this post is that he has the game tonight going 28-20 for the Eagles win and cover. Take it for what it's worth and Good Luck!

OK, man......I was leaning Eagles anyway, so Eagles it is

Comment

Jinxed

Posting on this board is the kiss-o-death for me. Nice graphic just now of Andy Reid being 8-2 @ home vs. Cowboys w/ both losses being in primetime. I wonder if the Swam knew Westbrook was sitting this one out on Friday? Nice frickin' jinx by Al Michaels saying... 'and McNabb also having a very long streak w/o an interception." Asshole. I called the impending interception outloud... w/ witnesses... which should nulify the jinx... but to no avail. Just after that announcement McNabb's 1st pass should have been intercepted by Newman and then had an actual interception on the next two plays.

This bet is lost. Party's over. I'm going to bed. ;-)

Comment

I was probably the one who jinxed it........sorry

Comment

Cowboys look GOOD!

Just sayin'.
          Would have hedged my bet if Cowboys were +4 at halftime but my book has'em @ +3 -125. Philly's not looking bad but had to have perfect throws and really good catches to even get down to FG range. Not looking good for the Swami sweep IMHO.

Comment

BERMAN IS A FAT SLOB THAT IS JUST TOO ANNOYING. HE NEEDS TO RETIRE. THE ACT IS VERY STALE

Comment

Andy Reid and McNabb form the dumbest QB/Head Coach combination in the history of football. Seriously, leading by 3 late in the 3rd Q the Eagles 'D' holds Dallas and they get the ball at mid-field. So do they try and move methodically down the field and kill some clock and maybe give their 'D' a little rest? No.....McNabb underthrows his receiver going deep on the very first farting play and throws an INT. Dallas goes down and ties the game.
              Then later, inside Dallas territory and the score tied, they need less than a yd on 3rd down to sustain the drive. They need about 10 yds to get into FG range. Do they send bruising 6' 250lb FB Leonard Weaver into the pile at full speed? No, they send 198lb 'Dancing' LeSean McCoy, who lives up to his name and dances back and forth a few times before falling into the pile at about 1/4 speed for no gain. So do they learn their lesson and send Weaver on 4th down? No, they send McCoy again who does exactly the same dance for no gain again and Dallas takes over on downs. Dallas goes down a scores a TD in about 2 plays.
              Then late in the 4th Q, down 7 with 4:30 left, the Eagles drive to the Dallas 33 and face a 4th and 11. For some inexplicable reason, Reid elects to kick a 52 yd FG instead of going for it. They make it to get within 4 pts......but wait! The FG does no freakin' good because it leaves them still needing a TD! And guess what else...... they don't have any time outs left because Reid wasted them all on failed challenges! WTF was this man thinking? This was their only chance in hell of winning the game. It reminded me of Romeo Crennel last year against the Steelers. He'd rather lose by just 4 instead of going for the win.

Comment

Working...
              X