Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Football - Baltimore @ Cleveland

Baltimore -11

The 4-4 Ravens travel to the Dog Pound tonight, where it's going to be a bit nippy and perhaps breezy. Cleveland is at 1-7, with a 6-3 win over Buffalo as their only win. The Browns have been pretty inept on offense, being held to 6 pts or less in 5 of their games. No Brown RB or WR has sniffed the end zone this year, with the 5 offensive TD's going to Derek Anderson (2 rushing), TE's (2) and FB Lawrence Vickers 1). In fact, dating back to last year, the Browns only have 5 offensive TD's total over their last 14 games, and have been held to 10 pts or less in 11 of those games.
    Baltimore won the meeting earlier this year 34-3, holding the Browns to a total of just 186 yds and 11 FD's. The Ravens moved the ball easily in that game, racking up nearly 500 yds of offense and 28 FD's. Flacco completed 25 of 35 for 342 yds and a TD, and was sacked just once.
    Cleveland has a -11 TO ratio on the year and has lost 6 of 7 games by 13 pts or more.
    The Browns will be changing QB's for the 2nd time this year, as Brady Quinn gets another chance after going 0-3 as the starter, and losing by 14, 21 and 31 pts. Quinn completed 46 of 77 passes for 409 yds, 1 TD and 3 INT's before being pulled in favor of Anderson.

The dogs have been barking lately though, as 8 more covered the spread in Week 10 with 6 winning SU and several more having chances to win.

Cleveland is in the 'double-digit home dog coming off of a bye situation', like St Louis faced as 14 pt dogs against New Orleans this weekend. But, unlike the 8-0 Saints were, Baltimore is coming off of an embarrassing performance and facing almost a must win situation, as a loss would put them at 2 games behind in the wild card race with 4 teams ahead of them.

Cleveland is 25th in pass defense and 31st in rushing defense, and they are 25th in rushing offense and 31st in passing offense.
    Baltimore is 14th in both rushing and passing offense, and 6th in rushing defense and 14th in passing defense.

I look for the Ravens to take advantage of the situation and post an easy win over the floundering Browns, who may have given up on their coach and season already.

Baltimore 34 - Cleveland 13

I gave the Sunday write-ups a break this week, but in case anyone is interested, I have gone 3-1 in my Hilton contest picks so far, winning with SF -3.5, Cincinnati +7 and New England +3 and losing with the Saints -13.5. Baltimore -10.5 is my last pick.
    Currently at 33-16 (67.35%), I need this one to stay 3 back of winandwin, who is on fire with 37 wins and coming off of a 4-1 week.

In the Bettorsworld NFL GOW contest, I hit my play on New England to go to 9-1 and stay tied with winandwin and krc, who also hit their Week 10 picks.

Comment

Nice write-up as always Dragon..........but I think I'll be hard-headed and take the points tonight...........Only because the Ravens defense has sucked all year on the road...and the spread being slightly inflated here......Not that the Browns are any offensive machine, but I know they'll be able to score tonight and perhaps keep this one close for the reeling team, coach and fans.

I'm looking for the Ravens to win with a final score of about 27-20 or 24-23 -- somewhere along those lines..........Which means I like the over even better than the side, so I'll go equal plays on each and get greedy with a small parlay hooking the Browns to the Over............Good Luck tonight !!!!
      ;)

Comment

No problem. I never feel comfortable when everyone is on the same side anyway. Me and woodee can console each other if you are indeed correct. In fact, I've got some cold ones chilling as we speak. I may start 'consoling' myself right now

Good luck all.

Comment

I'm also siding with the Ravens.

Comment

Man, this is a tough one. I look at everyone else's pick and usaully decide. Maybe that isn't the way most do it but I have my reasons. I do know alot about football, not as much as some, but usually more than others. I factor in everything before I wager. That being said, this is a dandy. I like who is on Baltimore. If under normal circumstances, Baltimore would be the play. But considering what has happened this weekend,(washington, st.louis) I think this ones up for grabs. Really, no opinion. I'm going to play a small play on Cleveland. I think Boone is right!!! GL to everyone!! RR84

Comment

Hey, it's my favorite fader! GL tonight....at least someone will win.

Comment

BTW, if I hadn't taken New England for my NFL GOW pick, I would have taken Baltimore

Comment

I hope I don't lose my TV and internet tonight. Check this weather report out.
                  Tonight
                  Rain likely in the evening...then rain overnight. Strong winds. Lows 45 to 50. South wind 40 to 50 mph with gusts to 75 mph...except 50 to 60 mph with gusts to 90 mph beaches and headlands. Winds decrease to southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 55 mph after midnight.

I am on a totally exposed hill about 1/4 mi. from the headlands, so up to 90 mph at my house, and I believe it. I had to bring my 200lb stainless steel gas grill indoors because I thought it was going to fly off the deck.

Comment

No worries Dragon, I will email you of your impending disaster. lol. No, I really have no strong opinion on this one. I love Baltimore and I think they will win. But the books have taken a beating (at least locally) and I think the money will be on Baltimore. Look, the bad cappers can win one from time to time. GL Dragon and enjoy picking at you!! Truth be known, I think you are one hell of a pro capper!! GL

Comment

Seeing lots of talk for 7-14 pt Ravens win. Beggin me to pull the trigger on my annual 4-way teaser with the lines at 11 and 39.5. Yep... Gonna havta! 1/2 unit apiece and if it hits I'll celebrate by cracking the ice off my thermostat and finally raising it s-s-s-somewhere over s-s-s-60!
                      27-16 Ravens!

Comment

How does the Browns keep getting on MNF. Lets see them have a 10-6 season before they get prime time again...PLEASE!!

Comment

IM CONFUSE..........RR84 IS PLAYING SMALL ON CLEVE ON ONE POST...A FEW POSTS LATER RR84 LOVES BALTIMORE?

SOUNDS LIKE PUSHIE

Comment

Originally posted by Dinger
                            How does the Browns keep getting on MNF. Lets see them have a 10-6 season before they get prime time again...PLEASE!!
                            That's a very good question, Dinger. I mean, it's not like they were expected to be good this year. They knew they sucked and still scheduled them! Very odd. Anyway, we sure have got a couple weeknight dogs lately. I'm not sure which game was uglier, SF/Chi or this one.

Comment

Yardman, I went against my own rules and did a small wager on the Browns. Everything I saw said bet Baltimore. After watching the rams and skins cover this weekend, I thought this was the weekend most of the bad teams cover. Bottom line, I shouldn't have pressed my luck and went for another sorry team. I can't remember when there were so many bad teams in the nfl. Should have stuck with my original thought and taken the ravens. I really didn't like the game enough to mess with it though. And agree with Dinger, why the hell are the browns on primetime?

Comment

Working...
                              X