Monday Night Football GOY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Football GOY

Could be the best game this year if it lives up to the hype. How is everyone betting? I think the saints at home is the play.

I don't know. If you look at New Orleans schedule, you can't find one dominating team that they've played. Philly and NY Giants looked like tough games when you looked at their schedule before the season started. And Atlanta and Carolina, it looked like they could easily split with them. But looking back at their entire schedule now, none of those teams are really very scary this year. The Eagles are 7-4, but really aren't playing that well. And the Saints got them minus McNabb, with Kolb throwing 3 INT's and the Eagles ending up with 4 TO's in that game. NY Giants and Atlanta are just 6-5, and both have big problems on defense. So that's 3 teams with winning records that the Saints have beat, and then 7 wins against teams that are a combined 22-55.

The Saints had a little problem dealing with Atlanta, Carolina and St Louis. And Buffalo and Miami gave them problems until the 4th Q. In fact, the Saints have dominated the 4th Q this year, out-scoring opponents 105-24.
    New Orleans has nearly slipped in 3 of their last 4 games. It's really hard to go undefeated, and I think they are due for a fall.

New England, at 7-3, is starting to play really well, and they should definitely be the toughest test yet for the Saints. The Pat's 3 losses have all come on the road, but they lost in OT at Denver and by just 1 pt in Indianapolis. If you watched those games I think you'll agree that they probably should have won both. New Orleans will have their hands full with Moss and Welker. The Pat OL has only given up 14 sacks, so Brady should have plenty of time to find them.

This should be a great match-up, and I can't see either team running away with it. I was lucky enough to get the Pats early in the Hilton contest at +3, and I need that one to finish 4-1 for the week and pull even with winandwin, so I will be rooting for New England. This will be tough, because my wife and I are both very partial to Drew Brees and the Saints, having been Charger fans for over 25 yrs.

The Pats have been a very strong 1st H team, out-scoring opponents 196-79, so I would not be surprised to see them possibly score first and jump out to a small lead. The Saints have been strong in the 2nd and 4th Q's, so if they get down they can easily get right back in it. I think there's a very good chance of a final score within 3 pts, with either team having the ability to win SU.

The Pats have scored 27 pts or more in their last 5 games, have been held under 25 just twice all year (Jets and Denver), and have scored 31 or more in 4 of their last 5. The Saints have scored over 24 pts in all 10 games, and have scored 30 or more 7 times.

I'll make a stab at a prediction and say NE 31 - NO 30 on a late Gostkowski FG.

Comment

I would have to side with New England as well and the mad scientist, Bellichek concocting some evil gameplan to win this one.

I have NE to finish off a couple teasers at +10, and +13, so i am not going to mess with anything else on it, but would take NE and the points if i didn't.

With what Dragon added,I would also think the Pats in the 1st half may be a play too.

BUT, I am hitting abut 20% on the year in the NFL, and it continued yesterday so I don't know how much you should listen to me!

Comment

My book is begging for some Saints money...They are at -3, +115 now.

Comment

Should be a great game.

For the Saints, this is the chance for them solidify themselves as a true superbowl contender.

For the Pats, it is a chance to make up for that rough Indy loss.

I think the home crowd brings the Saints the extra push they need in a relatively low scoring game. NO 30 - NE 24

Good luck everyone!

Swicat

Comment

I guess that could be considered a relatively low-scoring game for these teams

Comment

Like my dear ol' dad said to me when talking about my gambliing...

If you feel good enough about betting on something, why not just bet everything?
              Well dad, I'm all in.
              I looked to piggy on WinandWin's good work for the first time yesterday and was a week too late (not blaming, just saying). So looking to heal quick or I'm done for season. Had fun w/ it and reading your posts through college - so all good.
              Anyway, I feel good enough... on the Patsy's. I put my Psychology degree to work for the first time ever and crawled in each player's head and there is no way they lose this. If not now, when? They were called out on the Jets game and laid an egg. Hyped on Indy and lost. It's now or in the SB... I wager it's tonight. They will not let up tonight and keep hammering away leading from gate to post. Then again, what do I know. My record on this board is attrocious (que the Belushi "Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor/Let's get 'em" scene)
              Just wish I got Woodee's line on the game. I bought NE to +3 at -140 odds 3 hrs ago. Currently at +2 and +115!! Craaaaaap!
              Banko or Bust Baby!

Comment

Good luck to you I think the first half showed that the saints are for real. Dont remember Pats being outplayed like this in awhile there is too much pressure on Brady. Anyway the overs looks like a lock at this point and I thought that total would be high for a college game. As I said good luck to ya itchy.

Comment

Sorry to all that bet the pats. Who would have liked the unders at halftime on this one but i guess thats how vegas wins. Sorry itch

Comment

Crazy...Give me 10 and 13 points with Pats anytime and I would assume it is a winner. Well, not last night. So my teaser's tanked...

N.O. just dominated and made the Pats defense look like a bad, D-2 college team playing Florida or Bama.

And on top of that, I had Brady in fantasy who need to just do a little something for me to win, and then he gets benched bc of the blow-out...Go figure.

I was actually starting to like the Pats a little too

Comment

WOODEE, ditto for me...I lost 3 teezers, 2 at NE +14.5 AND also only needed a below average game outta Brady for a crucial fantasy win.

Total buttfukking on this one......when Brady missed a wide open Aiken running down right sideline in the 3rd Q I knew I was toast.

Comment

Working...
                      X