TrendSetter's NFL Week 13 Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrendSetter's NFL Week 13 Selections

This NFL season hasn't been too good. I beleive it's because of the turn-around of teams. Bad to average teams last year putting on a clinic. Good teams last year having a boner of a season.

I start the season using last years record to create starting ratings. So, that means many of my starting ratings were way off. I adjust the ratings each week using final scores adjusted by turnovers. I input these ratings (along with adjusted scores and net yardage) into my computer system to come up with results. I then use surveys of different situations that give me the games to go with. So, I believe, because of the turn-around of teams it has taken a while to catch up. It happened 4 weeks ago.

My survey records for games to go with are:
    Week 9: 7-2
    Week 10: 8-4
    Week 11: 7-1
    Week 12: 4-2

Let's keep the winning going. Here's the plays for week 13:

Buffalo +3 over NY Jets - Rule 13: go against the computer or don't make sense play. Buffalo is at home.

St. Louis +9.5 over Chicago - Rule 11 and 14 - 11: Dudly PPY system within 5 points and agrees with my BCS type system. 14: Go with a small win away underdog - I have St. Louis winning 23-21. Dudly has Chicago 18.5-18.

New Orleans -9.5 over Washington - Rule 2 and 8: Both on-going rules that say don't go against them unless another rule goes for opposing team. My systems has NO winning 27-17. Dudly YPP has NO 32-14.5

Atlanta +5.5 over Philadelphia - Rule 11. My system: Phil 24-23. Dudly: Phil 25-23. Atlanta is at home.

Kansas City +5 over Denver - Rule 11. My system: Denver 22.5-20.5. Dudly: Denver 24-21. Kansas City is at home.

Tampa Bay +6.5 over Carolina - Rule 11. My system: Caro 24-23. Dudly: Caro 25-23.

Cleveland +13 over San Diego - Rule 13. Cleveland is at home.

San Francisco pk over Seattle - Rule 14. My system: SF 24-19.5. Dudly: SF 33-21.

Dallas -1 over the NY Giants - Rule 14. My system: Dallas 23-14.5. Dudly: Dallas 19.5-13.5.

Arizona +4 over Minnesota - Rule 13. Arizona is at home.

Good job lately! That Buffalo/NYJ game is actually at Toronto, CAN., though.

Comment

Thanks.

Well, rule 13 is about each team due to go in opposite directions. One team has been winning with turn-overs, punt/kick returns, etc. while the other team has been losing by the same. I learned this in 1996 when all of a sudden my picks started losing. Did a survey of those losing games (using '92 thru '96 seasons). The survey showed 69% to go against the computer.

Comment

Here are Rule 13 plays for the past 4 weeks:

Week 9
        Seattle -9.5 over Detroit (W 32-20) - Rule 13 for the home team says to keep going with the team winning with turn-overs, punt/kick returns, etc.

Week 10
        Tennesee -6.5 over Buffalo (W 41-17) - Rule 13 for the home team.
        Minnesota -16.5 over Detroit (W 27-10) - Rule 13 for the home team. No play because had some rules going for Detroit.
        St. Louis +13.5 over New Orleans (W 23-28). No play because NO had a rule for them. Then no play.
        Cleveland +11 over Baltimore (L 0-16)

Week 11
        Kansas City +8.5 over Pittsburgh (W 27-24)
        Minnesota -11 over Seattle (W 35-9). Rule 13 for the home team. No play as Seattle had a rule for them.
        St. Louis +8.5 over Arizona (W 13-21)
        Oakland +10 over Cincinnati (W 20-17). No play as Cincinnati had a rule for them.

Week 12
        Detroit +11 over Green Bay (L 12-34)
        Dallas -13.5 over Oakland (W 24-7). Rule 13 for the home team. No play as Oakland had some rules going for them.
        Buffalo +3 over Miami (W 31-14)
        Chicago -14 over Cleveland (L 16-7). Rule 13 for the home team. No play as Cleveland had some rules going for them.
        San Diego -13.5 over Kansas City (W 43-14). Rule 13 for the home team. No play as KC had some rules going for them.

Comment

Rule number 34...Go against Woodee's picks.

I like the Bears so your pick is solid on STL!

Comment

As much as the Bears suck, they have handled the bottom feeders quite well, beating Detroit and Cleveland by 24 pts each.

Comment

Working...
            X