Last Man Standing Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Man Standing Opinions

Hello everyone, I had mentioned in a post earlier that I was in a last man standing pool. It is a big one, started with 2900 people and is down to 548. You can' t use the same team twice and we have to pick 2 teams on weeks 16 and 17. I have 2 picks in the contest. For 1 of my picks this week, I am taking Pitt. My other pick is down to Carol or San Diego. I know the easier pick is San Diego, but I would love to use Carol and save San Diego. I just don't like picking the second game of division play, plus Carol has been unpredictable, I can see them losing this game. They beat TBay in overtime the first game. Any thoughts? Dragon, Winandwin, Redraider, Woodee, Jeff, everyone? Don't forget there is no spread, just straight up winner. Thanks for your help and insight.

Just curious....what teams do you have left that you can still use other than pit, car and sd?

Comment

Hey Jeff, In one pick I have taken NO, Wash, Phil, Ind, NyG, GBay, NE, Chic, Seat, Minn, Dall, Cinn, and Atla(2picks week 12). I have lined up for this pick Pitt-Oak wk13, Tenn-StLou or Balt-Det wk14, Denv-Oak wk15, Ariz-StLou wk 16, SFran-Det wk16, not sure of my morning pick for wk17 and saving SanDi-Wash for my last pick. I figure the line for SanDi will be between 7-10 and I will be in Vegas to layoff some on Wash on the money line. (Your thoughts?)
      In the other pick which is the one I am in quandry about, I have chosen NE, Wash, Balt, Houst, Phil, Pitt, Ind, Chic, Atla, Mia, Minn, Dall, and Cinn, so I have all the other teams left.

Comment

This is definitely San Diego's best chance of their remaining games. @ Dallas, vs Cincy, @ Tennessee, vs Washington. Carolina is a tough pick without knowing exactly how Moore will do at QB. Tampa Bay's been rather pesky lately. It sounds like you only have to use 19 teams total, so you wouldn't have to use Carolina at all.

Comment

20 teams total, those were my thoughts also Dragon.

Comment

What do you think about me keeping SanDiego in my other pick as my final team? I hope they don't totally have the division locked up by then, but like I said, they should be 7-10 pt favorites against Wash and I will probably layoff 5-10g's on Wash.

Comment

With Denver getting KC twice and Oakland, it's hard to see SD having anything wrapped up by then. You'd think they'd at least be battling for a bye or home game.
              What about New Orleans? If you save them too long it could bite you.

Comment

I thought about New Orleans, but Wash has been staying in the games and I try not to take road teams if I can help it. I was looking at NO in week 16 against TBay at home. I figure they will still be playing for home field advantage throughout the playoffs with Minny on their tail.

Comment

For your other pick, have you looked at GB or Den?
                  Possibility that Carolina doesn't win another game
                  this season. I would take SD and let the other 547
                  pick a marginal team too early.

Let us know what you decide. GL.

Comment

Looks like you have the right strategy. I'd only be concerned with the Saints getting into a situation where they rest players. That could get tricky.....

Comment

Well, what do you think about NO this week against Wash?

Comment

Gotta like the Saints to beat the Skins........they are night and day......but I'd be a little concerned with the Pat game having taken alot out of them.....it's a classic flat spot.

Comment

Jeff, on a side note, what info do I need to get to you in order to collect from the college football contest?

Comment

DO NOT use the Saints this weekend. Short week after looking great on a national tv game, traveling on the road outdoors to face a good D team, and a team that has been improving each week and playing close to equal with teams. I am a Saints fan, I am actually going to the game this weekend. My teams never win when I see them in person. All those make this a game to stay away from. I would easily take the points with the Skins, and I actually picked against the Saints straight up in my pools for the first time this season.
                            Sure they should win, but this is the NFL and the difference between between team 1 and team 30 is not very much EVER, even in this year.

Comment

SD
                              CAR QB Jake D is out with a broken finger,which might be a good thing since he give the other team at least 2INT's a game

Comment

Working...
                              X