BAMA UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAMA UPDATE

After being limited to practice, both Rolando McClain and backup defensive back Rod Woodson should be ready to go. Both were suffering from stomach viruses.

DEFENSE WINS BALL GAMES

Love Bama in this spot

Comment

I like Bama tonight as well. % of the bets show majority on the Doggy Longhorns, but I think Bama takes the money.

I want the line to go down a bit and I may grab an additional ML play on them too as BW suggests in their 5 * key release.

Think Ingram and the D is too much for Texas who just wasn't as tested in the Big 12 as was Bama all year.

Defense and scehedule make Bama the play in my eyes.

Comment

NO offense to Texas pickers, but I hope you two are right.

Comment

Texas faced just 2 teams with top-notch D's (Oklahoma and Nebraska), and only scored 16 and 13 in those games. Texas scored just 1 TD in each of those games.
          Oklahoma held Texas to just 269 yds of offense (127 YP and 142 YR), and Nebraska held them to just 212 yds of offense (184 YP and 18 YR). Alabama's D is even better. I can't see Texas scoring much more than they did in those games.
          Texas also didn't face many good offensive teams. They got Oklahoma without Bradford for most of the game, but still gave up 327 YP. They gave up 39 pts to A&M, and 24 to Texas Tech.
          Texas can play a little defense too though when they want to.

Alabama 23 Texas 16

Comment

I liek Bama for the game as I said earlier, but kind of like Texas +2.5 in the first half. If you remember a few times this tear, Bama did have to make a comback late.

Comment

Can't argue with that Woodie. Saban usually counts on wearing you down with Ingram, then pounding you with a much more physical back Richardson. Texas has a good run defense. Will be interesting to see if Saban comes out aggressive like he did against Florida (WHICH I THINK HE SHOULD) or pounds the big offensive line at them. Bama much better in the second half. Texas, in my view should try to hit several big plays on Bama. That has been the one place where this great defense in vulnerable. Also, if Texas has some big plays in the kicking game (returns) it could change the whole complexion of the game.

Comment

Why is it when you are so confident in game, you are nervous to bet on it? I feel like Alabama should DOMINATE this game, but you never know what can happen after a 4 week layoff.

Comment

I have to say that I am leaning towards Bama but the bama QB scares me. Granted he has stepped when he needed to but this is the biggest stage. Where Colt McCoy has been in a lot of big games and has consistently won.

The only edge that UT has in my opinion is at qb and of course that is a big edge.

My plays tonight are to take Bama and the under in the first half. I know Saban will have the defense primed and they will be able to move the ball against texas. I am going to take the points with Texas for the game. I think in the 2nd half, UT will put the ball in McCoy's hands and he will make big plays.

Utlimately I think Bama wins by 2 or 3 and RR84 has a tremendous celebration hangover. Personally, I think it is a good idea not to bet on your favorite team in the biggest games. I should have taken that advice when the Bears got rocked by the Colts a few super bowls ago.

Good Luck everyone!

Swicat

Comment

Just pointing out that Woodee may not have a bad play in the first half. Bama has started slow( Virginia Tech, Auburn) just to name a couple. If Bama jumps on them like they did Florida, then I agree with you. If they start slow against Texas, things may not end as well. Texas isn't 13-0 because they stink. Bottom line, I will be happy if Bama just wins period. By 3 or 23 makes me no difference. GL to you Allsport.

Comment

Ahh..what could have been a good game turned shit when McCoy went out.

I like the under 17.5 in the second. Texas probably won't score and bama will run most likely.

Comment

Working...
                      X