Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Raiders Sec Preveiw (Alabama Crimson Tide) Defense

Now the problems:
    Bama lost more than I expected them to last year to the NFL. One in particular that bothers me is Kareem Jackson. I knew McClain would go and Arenas and Cody but I never expected Jackson to.

Defensive line; Cody was a force up front if for nothing else to take up blockers. There is talent to fill the nose tackle job but inexperienced and unproven. Bama does not return a starter back at the ends either, but Luther Davis and Marcell Darious are good and experienced. Million dollar question: How much time will last years championship MVP miss because a trip to Miami??? This could really hurt!!

Linebackers: Bama lost the leader on the defense McClain who was also the leading tackler. Nobody can replace him and Boone will be glad his Raiders got him.... Returning are Dont'a Hightower who before the knee injury was the leader and expected to have a great year. How will the knee hold up?? Along with him will be Courtney Upshaw, Chris Jordan, and Nico Johnson. They are all very good and have considerable playing time!!!

Secondary: This is the area where I worry the most about. Jackson was your best cover guy and Along with losing your other corner Arenas...... This could be Bama's weak spot. The good news is Mark Barron is returning at Safety and was last years 2nd leading tackler behind McClain.

Special teams: UGLY!!!!! We lost both kickers and their replacements got booed to no end at the spring game. PITIFUL!!! Also, with the loss of Arenas who was a great punt returner will hurt. Saban will have to work hard in this area!!

Bottom line: Obviously I want another championship but if I'm keeping it real, it probably isn't going to happen for these reasons... Everybody will give them their best shot, Road games at Arkansas, South Carolina and LSU. Home games against Penn st., Florida and rival Auburn.... Then the questions on the defensive side of the ball and special teams. I believe it will be just too much to overcome....

Red Raiders Prediction: Best case scenario; 11-1 and headed to the Sec championship game. Worst case scenario 9-3. You could make an argument that they could lose four because the schedule is just that tough… I think it will be somewhere in between!!

CAN THEY WIN ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP??? The talent is there, so you better believe it. Will they??? I think too many hurdles to overcome!!

i went to the Alabama A day game, i agree red raider there is to much to overcome. Darious and hightower will be the strengths of the defense if darious gets to play. We have talent here, but a tough schedule mostly here in the sec will be to hard to overcome. Bama's specialteams looked awful, ingram looked very good and richardson looked very good. the offense line looked good in blocking for the run, but the pass blocking didnt look good. i think we have a very good quarterback behind mcelroy a.j. mccarron looked very good in the game as a redshirt freshman. on offense julio jones had some drops as did maze, they need to get these catches down pat for the season start. on defense look out for sophmore safety rod woodson to step up and be a big player for alabama this year. our kicking game is not looking good at all, we need big improvements here when the season starts. ROLL TIDE

Comment

I see Bama plays Penn State Sept 11, should be a great game

Comment

Hello RR84, Carpet, Woodie and all of those keeping the college football talk alive on the forum.

I have been doing my homework as well and have taken a page out Rick J’s page and started a blogspot.

I of course will continue to post my picks on this site but will put the details on the blog spot account which of course will be free.

I have put my week 1 of college picks up. Check them out and my other thoughts if you have the chance.

http://swicatsides.blogspot.com/

Can’t wait until September 2nd.
        Swicat

Comment

http://swicatsides.blogspot.com/

Swiss thanks for your sharing your information

I looked at the plays and I must respectfully tell you I dont know what your thinking

Middle Tenn is not going to beat Minn in week one or week 21

Miss State -21 vs Memphis Dont forget Memphis likes to score also a boat load of points to give up.

Now it gets harder

You say Nebraska week one by 56 points over Western Kentucky. Let me ask have you ever seen WKY play football? NB will call off the dogs WKY is much better than that point spread for sure.

Its all good here thanks for sharing information and thoughts.

Comment

I saw the Bama QB buying his offensive line dinner the other night oin ESPN. Bill was $202.

Where does a college kid get $202 + tip.

HMMMMM....

I barely could afford a $5 pizza in college.

Had to be an envelope of cash taped under the table or something.

I would investigate if I were the other SEC schools!!

Comment

reply to woodee12, our quaterbacks father happens to work in the front office for the dallas cowboys, he also has work involvement with a hockey team, so i think he can afford to give his son money to buy whatever his son wants to buy, dont be jealous cause we are #1, and have a very good chance of winning it all again---- ez-money#1 ROLL TIDE

Comment

Just giving you guys a hard time. Nothing intended although I bet some die-hard gater or Auburn fans noticed too.

I like Bama and look forward to betting against them and their over-inflated lines this year!

Comment

Wow, thanks for the heads up Swicat.... I will certainly check it out. EZ money, Woodee is cool he was just messing with me.... The first game Bama loses I will probably catch hell and some of it will be deserved... I have been putting these guys through the ringer as far as Bama football goes. I know you understand that Bama football is about all we got in this state. lol, so when we win one it takes us longer to move on....
                  Also EZ money, I saw the stats on line of the closed scrimmage.... I'm assuming that is the one you are talking about??? I think on the offensive side of the ball we will be okay. As stated earlier, it is the losses on the defensive side of the ball that worries me.
                  Hey, I'm going to ride this horse long as I can...

Hey, don't let us win it this year or Jeff may just kick me off the site!!!! Thanks Woodee, Swicat, and all others for your responses... Greatly appreciated!!

Comment

hi woodee12 yes bama will be inflated on their lines this year, here is you a bit ofinformation about the bama game with san jose state, san jose will be playing 4 to 6 players on offense and defense the whole game, san jose had one of the worst run defenses in ncaa footballlast year and it dont look much different this year, bama's first and scond team should run all over them, the first team should only play one half here, i hope this is useful for you and all bettors here, i wish everyone good luck at winning every week, ez-money#1, ROLL TIDE

Comment

good info. Maybe look at a Bama first half line once it comes out. If you can get it under 21 it may be a good play I think.

Comment

Good information all around. the great thing about picking games is that you win or lose (with an occasional push) and it all gets sorted out and its pretty easy to see if you are a genius for a week or an idiot.

Like i said those are my preliminary picks and I may change around and go the other way. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts about the lines at this point. Will need to see if anyone significant gets injured and who else the NCAA decides to go after. Lots of variables out there still to consider.

Comment

Working...
                        X