• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides NFL Picks Week 6

YTD 30-25-1 (54.5%)
    Last Week 6-7

Don't tail blindly. No guarantees!

Texans -4. Texans show up to redeem themselves from last week.

Ravens +3. Buy the hook, just in case. Ravens D much better than Pats D.

Ravens vs Patriots Under 45. Teams will feel each other out for the first half. Conservative play calling on both sides. Lots of FGs instead of TDs.

Falcons +3. Close, tough game. Take the 3. Falcons more consistent and good team chemistry. Eagle injury concerns, especially on the OL.

Broncos +3. Situational play. Home doggie. Jets off MNF. Mile high altitude. Tough crowd. But Broncs banged up.

Vikings -1.5. Both teams desperate. Home team. Leaning with the Minny D and AP and less than 3.

Colts -3. Skins been getting the Ws with smoke and mirrors. Not against the Sheriff.

Jaguars +3. MNF home doggie. Tenny 2nd road game in a row. Jax looking better lately.

Saints -3. Buy the hook. Bucs will be pumped up at home, but Brees will finally get the Saints back on track.

Falcons vs Eagles Over 42. Close game. 20-20 OT game gets it over!

Chiefs vs Texans Over 45. Texans will be in high gear, forcing the Chiefs to play along.
    GL

5-2-3 with Jags to go on MNF. I'll take that.

Three pushes! Lucky one on Houston, unlucky one on Indy and about right on Ravens as they turned conservative and sat on their lead.

Comment

Nice job.

I cannot beleive Indy. I fell asleep and woke up and saw that it was a push. I was on them -3 too,

Comment

Widestrides, you are one of the best NFL cappers on this site.. I for one have the utmost total respect for your picks... We will all have our ups and downs, but you are the guy who has been consitant in the pros. Just my opinion..... I keep up with everyone like you and I see no flaws in your NFL capping....

Like I said on my sec post... If you do 60% over the long hall, then you are the man.... It is a hard goal to accomplish over the long run. Good luck my friend on your picks, although I don't think you will need it.. I AM A FAN

Comment

Thanks woodee and RR. 60% is a tough task, especially picking as many games as I have been doing. I'm not playing all of these, in fact I just do mostly contests. These are my Carib Contest picks, where you have to pick 10

The hardest thing is to figure out who's going to show up each week. Jacksonville went toe to toe with Indy on that same field two weeks ago and won, but last night Tenny mauled them and Jax looked flat and not motivated at all. Go figure.

It wasn't just Garrard getting hurt. he wasn't doing very well up to that point. Trent Edwards did okay. The team was just not ready. Or Tenny is just a tough and improving squad. Two road wins in a row for them. I think they may be better with Kerry Collins than Vince Young. You might get away with playing them both. They both seem to be even about it.

GL

Comment

Jax laid an egg for me last night.

5-3-3 this week.
            YTD 35-28-3 (55.5%)

Comment

Its the annual Collins in for VY saga in Tenny. Seems to happen every year....And they do well with it. Maybe they plan it that way so there is no QB controversary talk? VY needs a break, Collins is capable, and then boom they win games.

I have always like the Titans so hopefully this is the year they go somewhere.

Comment

Working...
              X